Runic Awakening: Speculation

Dark Shepherd

he could also be in an armor that is cqc oriented but has meteoric decent rule/drop pod insertion rules.

I said something very similar a year ago:

“ We know that Ragnar is famed for his drop pod assaults. We also know Primaris marines cannot use drop pods. Well what if we get a Primaris Ragnar in a customized suit of MK X Phobos armour? Calgar gets custom Gravis, all Aggressor style. Reiver style could fit Ragnar given its description of being used to drop in from low orbit.

“Their sleek and lightweight Mk X Phobos armour can be fitted with grav-chutes that allow the Reivers to be dropped into battle from low orbit. The grav-chutes’ paired fins are used to guide the Reivers’ descent, allowing them to glide along mountain ridges and around hive spires without leaving the contrail of a jump pack or Drop Pod, which would alert the enemy to their presence.”

Grav-chutes and drop pods have similar deployment rules too. Plus I could swear I read something about Ragnar embracing and using Reivers a lot. The Young King becomes the Reiver Lord? And while Reivers are described as akin in demeanor to Scouts, I feel like they have a lot in common with Blood Claws too, being the only Primaris thus far who have the option of going all close combat focused (pistols and swords).“

Nah Ragnar desperately needs a new mini. Gotta think Long Term. I believe at some point Primaris Drop Pods will be a thing, just as the Impulsor finally gave Primaris a rhino-esque transport.

New mini doesn't mean he has to be primaris though..

oh, it does. make no mistake where the Space Marine line is going.

Mayne Fenrisian superstition is starting to rub off on me, but I can't help but to notice that editions divisible with four have not been kind to us.

Hah well then 9th should be closer to 5th then in which, hold onto your buttz...

Mayne Fenrisian superstition is starting to rub off on me, but I can't help but to notice that editions divisible with four have not been kind to us.

Hah well then 9th should be closer to 5th then in which, hold onto your buttz...
Enlighten us beardlings...

5th was the edition that gave us lone wolves and wolf cav. All the while if I recall, out Tripp’s were cheaper than codex with better rules and gear and we also got a really gross version of Jaws. A lot of the SW haters began their salty journey in 5th.

it also gave us Sagas - proto warlord traits before amyone else - army wide counter attack (which was a big deal with how 5ths rules worked), and pistol-chainsword-bolter Greyhunters (which interacted with army wide counter attack even stronger). New characters too - Arjac, Lukas, Canis... this is on top of the cavalry and psychic powers that Petey already mentioned.

And of course oodles of new models and kits. This is where the jealousy reered - SW where the only subfaction to have so much custom stuff. A great infantry kit, a great terminator kit, Thunderwolf kits, Fenrisian wolf kits, whole suite of NEW custom character models with Njal, Lukas, Arjac, Canis, Harald, etc.

I think I enjoyed the kits that came out for 7th edition more but 5th E codex was my golden age for actually playing the game, where I would actually go out a d take my army to hobby stores and play with strangers one a week.

Thanks Petry and Wispy, that sounds pretty cook

Some people are talking about Azrael being the next Primaris for the DA in PA4. It’s been a lot of psykers. (Seems fitting with the whole psychic thing.) What if we get Njal instead? His model, non-termi, is as old as Ragnar’s, isn’t it? Thoughts?

Id be disappointed but also surprised as it would invalidate 2 kits/models. Though Primaris Njal would be a close combat beast

I did pretty well in 4th Ed.. Sure 3rd Ed was even better but not just for us (Rhino assaults) and those vehicle-assault rules were just stupid..

Ragnar not being able to drop pod if in Primaris-armour variants.. yeah, but then the Space Wolves needs to tweak the whole Primaris thing into Space Wolf-y units anyways. Intrecessors needs to be Grey Hunter´d - like give them chain swords too. (Too OP?) We can´t just have stock Primaris units, it doesn´t fit us.

Besides there should be Drop Pods for Primaris Marines or the ability to the use the normal ones. ANything else is just stupid and for the real life economic reason by GW.

I agree we need to get Wolf specific units or wargear. Don’t hold your breath over getting Wolf specific love this edition. Anything more than a Primaris character would be a surprise.

I don’t think chain swords are too OP. We would have to pay a point premium though. There’s stratagems that give codex marines an extra attack for being veterans.

Is anyone else worried that not all fractions are getting models? That with Gaz potentially getting a new model we may be SOL for a little bit?

No in the weekender they said everyone would be getting a hero in these next 3 releases so I wouldn't worry
They said "Each book will be accompanied by an epic champion to lead the charge in this terrible age." So each book is getting a champion but not every faction.

Phoenix rising- includes both eldar, both eldar got models

Faith and fury- neutral name, chaos got sorceror model SoB release alongside

Blood of baal- BA name, BA get mephiston nothing for nids

*Rumors from here on*

Ritual of the damned- 1kSon name, rumored DA model nothing for 1kSons/GK

The Greater Good- Tau name, rumored Tau get model nothing for DG

Saga of the Beast- Ork name, rumored Ork get model nothing for SW

Edit: concerning primaris wolf guard: although I want specialized SW primaris, the thing that makes the wolf guard so good is their weapon options. I can kit them out like breachers with bolters/SS or phalanx style with SS/Power Weapons, or omni-role with Bolter/CCW. If we get Wolf Guard Intercessors what would be different a key word and an extra attack? That extra attack isnt all that useful for a intercessor, who like to stay out of dedicated melee units reach.

Edited by Jarl Caldersson