Runic Awakening: Speculation

Dark Shepherd

Heres hoping Landspeeder has general primaris transport ability (except Gravis)

What would you like to see that is not offered by the Impulsor?

Impulsors still good too

But (potentially) range, speed, toughness, capacity, weapons, deepstrike. Theyre all known unknowns at this stage though

Range, Speed and weapons I can potentially see them out-performing the Impulsor (especially weapons as it basically just has small arms). Capacity and toughness seem less likely though as it would start treading on the toes of the Repulsor in that case.

But as you say, we will have to wait and see. My hunch though is we will see mobile firepower rather than more transports.

News and Rumours thread has a post from an Italian facebook Wolves page claiming as fact its a box with Ghaz, Makari, Meganobz, Ragnar, and new infiltrator Primaris with shoulder mounted grenade launchers

I dont see how why they would do or Ork players would spring for a box with no new units and I dont see why theyd do Ghaz in a box when he'd go for €80 or €90 on his own (or with Macari)

Also thered need to be more (new) marines in it for marine players to want it if theyre not SW players

Last PA box wasnt good value either mind

Edited by Dark Shepherd

When a <SPACE WOLVES> unit charges, is charged or Heroically Intervenes it can reroll wound rolls made in that turn.

Is super doctrine.

Is that a permanent bonus or just when in the Assault Doctrine?

News and Rumours thread has a post from an Italian facebook Wolves page claiming as fact its a box with Ghaz, Makari, Meganobz, Ragnar, and new infiltrator Primaris with shoulder mounted grenade launchers

I dont see how why they would do or Ork players would spring for a box with no new units and I dont see why theyd do Ghaz in a box when he'd go for €80 or €90 on his own (or with Macari)

Also thered need to be more (new) marines in it for marine players to want it if theyre not SW players

Last PA box wasnt good value either mind

Maybe this is 75% of what in the box. 

I will Giggle if it's just a unit of wulfen with grenades

lol that's what I was thinking, that someone saw them and thought 'infiltrator.'

putting wulfen in the box might be a disapointing no-brainer.

Not sure why you would think wulfen are disappointing they are amazing I run 7 3 * frost claws 2 * TH SS and 2 * FA, not much stand after one turn.

When a <SPACE WOLVES> unit charges, is charged or Heroically Intervenes it can reroll wound rolls made in that turn.

Is super doctrine.

IS this sommit you've seen or hoping for??

please link your source if there s one.

You can't just come in here making a challenge in our feasting hall then run off when we accept. Where is this "Super Doctrine" coming from? Probably Tzeentch propoganda to make us leave the Aett.

I would appreciate if we could get a source that gives us some reason to believe this. I agree with everyone else that right now it seems very wishlisty.

To be fair, if this is true it is a Turn 3 onward buff. So we would need them for Turns 1-2 as well as any amount of shooting we have. So they would now serve to protect our long fangs or other shooting units from charging instead of being rushed up the board.

I don't think it invalidates them but it changed their role in our force. I think it is likely we won't get a +1 attack super as we already have access to so many ways to get extra attacks that would be too broken.

Edited by The Saint Ragnar

To be fair, if this is true it is a Turn 3 onward buff. So we would need them for Turns 1-2 as well as any amount of shooting we have. So they would now serve to protect our long fangs or other shooting units from charging instead of being rushed up the board.

I don't think it invalidates them but it changed their role in our force. I think it is likely we won't get a +1 attack super as we already have access to so many ways to get extra attacks that would be too broken.

Besides +1A has already gone to the Blood Angels. Re-rolling wounds in the first round of melee from T3 onwards seems good but believable. Units that can turn out massed S5+ attacks in melee would become really dangerous, especially when stacked with the AP-1 in the Assault Doctrine. Heck, even basic Troop units become dangerous with rerolls. If there is one thing that holds true in 8th edition, it is that quantity has a quality all of its own.

Having said that, without any supporting evidence, I am not buying this rumour just yet.

Edited by Karhedron

So the box rumor with ragnar and phobos marines fits with this lore article ( covered ops to kill the beast) hmmm... I don't think they will be new phobos models though...

PS: I really hope they announce preorder this Sunday dropping just a teaser video transmission and then Monday start with the models / boxset if any of saga of the beast and then continue with rule previews the rest of the week... And won't drag this for another week without rules previews... We had enough of lore articles...

Edited by lonewolf81