Runic Awakening: Speculation

Dark Shepherd

We know that there is a box set coming, we know Ghaz and Ragnar are coming....... there is always a chance that these are three separate things! The characters and a box of Wolves vs Orks, which would have a wider appeal as they could introduce new units that other Marine players may want. Or they may just do an overpriced box and have us all waiting for the characters to go on sale later.

We know that there is a box set coming, we know Ghaz and Ragnar are coming....... there is always a chance that these are three separate things! The characters and a box of Wolves vs Orks, which would have a wider appeal as they could introduce new units that other Marine players may want. Or they may just do an overpriced box and have us all waiting for the characters to go on sale later.

Definitely a chance Ragnar is separate like Abaddon, would have to be some new sculpts for Orks then in the box

If the box has stuff I want in it but is the cost of the Blood of the Phoenix box, I'm just going to be using the models shown as inspiration then - GW can have my money, but they can't have that much of it at once, no matter "how good the deal is."

I'm going to be splitting with a buddy as well, but he agreed the split would be based on model value. So if we are 45% of the box he is willing to put out the 55% for the Orks. I've been lucky most of the guys I've done the splits with are like that. Normally it works out to a roughly even split but we are all willing to pay more if we get more. I'm hoping this is an even split, but ideally we will see more Monday or a tease tomorrow. Edited by The Saint Ragnar

after some thought - unless there are some bespoke space wolves minis in this box or a new primaris CC unit - I am probably just going to try and get Ragnar separately, via ebay or trade.

little fatigued from painting Shadow Spear minis as is.

Edited by Wispy

I don't want or need more SW units other than Primaris Ragnar. I pray they sell him separately. I have no Ork friends to split a box with.

You might be waiting 6 to 9 months. Though Ork players will mutiny if the other unit tax is high and or it sells out very quickly and THEN they have to wait ages for Ghaz

But yeah there should be a lot of Ragnars on ebay, smart sellers wouldnt bundle him with generic primaris

video teaser out

8ki1nZU.jpg

5SfL323.jpg

pmABvAR.jpg

GET HYPED.

so it sounds like in Dual 1.

Ragnar and Ghaz gutted each other, but both came back stronger than before.

AWWW YISSSS

so Ragnar is in intercessor armor.

looks like normal infiltrators with him.

ghaz has a quad shoota now. so I expect that to be like assault 8-10

im stoked

i wonder what that chainsword in the last pick is attached to, probably just a sarge?

Edited by Triszin

I’ve watched the video more times than I want to admit. Really loved it.

Boytoy, I agree. The intent of the video is giving us clues not the whole model. We will know more tomorrow. But it would be a disappointment for that left pauldron to not be the same as his old model.

i hope that he keeps his left pauldron like his old model, but the art in the video seems to just have him with an ordinary blackmane sigil. hopefully the art doesn't reflect the model!

I was actually hoping he wouldn't have it but it would definitely be easier for me to replace it, then to create one. Odds are he has it though I mean they went out of their way to use old iconic art for mephiston.

Is his dialogue brand new lore?

I'm curious why ragnar claims to have been true to his word to take the head?

Maybe it was....or die trying lol

I take it as. this box is round 2.

in  round 1, both ragnar and ghaz gutted each other. and both were " remade "

ragnar became a primaris

ghaz evolved into the beast

I liked the video, and am looking forward to Monday.

My only question is we didn't really feature in the pre-order preview for this week. So are we out three weeks for our model and book?

Or are we going to see them in two weeks? I hope we will know for sure tomorrow!

Edit: When I say didn't really preview we only had the teaser video, white dwarf mention, and no models or book art so that gives me the doubt.

Edited by The Saint Ragnar

Glad to see there is a Primaris Ragnar and that he doesn't appear too terribly different over all - guess it does mean that I didn't work on my conversion quite quickly enough, but it isn't like it was that original. His greaves mean that my eventual Adrax conversion won't look out of place though, which is nice.

Don't think I see too much difference in those Phobos armored guys, but hopefully that chainsword bodes well!

I've made a RagnarOrk! I'll have to dig out the pic. It's buried in the Ork section somewhere.

Here is the link if anyone is interested, I know most of you don't play Orks!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346818-krakendoomcool’s-deathskulls/?p=5099800

Edited by Krakendoomcool