Runic Awakening: Speculation

Dark Shepherd

It would also invalidate all wgbl. Would almost have no point in taking them

To be fair, if this is true it is a Turn 3 onward buff. So we would need them for Turns 1-2 as well as any amount of shooting we have. So they would now serve to protect our long fangs or other shooting units from charging instead of being rushed up the board.

I don't think it invalidates them but it changed their role in our force. I think it is likely we won't get a +1 attack super as we already have access to so many ways to get extra attacks that would be too broken.

Besides +1A has already gone to the Blood Angels. Re-rolling wounds in the first round of melee from T3 onwards seems good but believable. Units that can turn out massed S5+ attacks in melee would become really dangerous, especially when stacked with the AP-1 in the Assault Doctrine. Heck, even basic Troop units become dangerous with rerolls. If there is one thing that holds true in 8th edition, it is that quantity has a quality all of its own.

Having said that, without any supporting evidence, I am not buying this rumour just yet.

Not really any of our clawed wepons rerolls wounds and frost claws reroll wounds +1 to strength (I think I remember that right). so depending on how your army is this ma jut be pointless cuz most of your melee troops already have it.

Strikeforce Icefang was the Reivers we got from Kill Team, right? I might be misremembering the name.

Edit: That was Fangs of Ulrich, so no relation.

I tink Icefangs are a Deathwolves pack:wink:

So the box rumor with ragnar and phobos marines fits with this lore article ( covered ops to kill the beast) hmmm... I don't think they will be new phobos models though...

Just how covered have your ops to be against Orks though ?

You ever see a purple Ork?

We're on the cover of the next White Dwarf in the form of Harald Deathwolf

Theres an Index Astartes SW basically lore and missions so looks pretty cool

The Icefangs being one of Harald Deathwolf's pack(Devastator pack to be precise) and the first ones coming to find out what happened to Ragnar!

Sniff out them Orks, I'm sure the beast can be smelt half way across the galaxy by Harald.

Edited by Grim

I don't believe it invalidates WGBL's at all. Even if this super doctrine was true, it only grants rerolls in combat for that turn after charging/being charged/H.I. Still need BL's for static rerolls to wound outside of combat or following rounds.

Although I would be grateful for re-rolls to wound and how busted it would make our lists, Id expect to see this as a stratagem, not a Super Doctrine (something they should've done sooner instead of giving us more +1 to hits and power level crap).

Id be happy to see something like Counter-Charge make a comeback.

We're on the cover of the next White Dwarf in the form of Harald Deathwolf

Theres an Index Astartes SW basically lore and missions so looks pretty cool

The Icefangs being one of Harald Deathwolf's pack(Devastator pack to be precise) and the first ones coming to find out what happened to Ragnar!

Sniff out them Orks, I'm sure the beast can be smelt half way across the galaxy by Harald.

As someone who fields longfangs and TWC (and beasts and Canis) that makes me happy

Even if its just lore showing those old units some love would be great, let alone them getting some rules or strats

The Icefangs going to find Ragnar are different. The article on WarCom says, "the Blackmanes of Strike Force Icefang" so these are members of Ragnar's company.

There are, admittedly, only so many possible combinations of frozen water and wolf body parts. Eventually you’ll start repeating when that’s the algorithm you stick to.

GW, if you’re listening, I don’t think anyone will mind if you start using more “Viking” style names and less “Wolf” style names for the Vlka Fenryka.

simon grant is probably writing all the space wolves articles, he knows his space wolf nuances and is unlikely to be making mistakes.

Praise be to the Allfather and Saint Simon!

Let us all pray that you're right, Wispy. (...and you have been right before.)

I hope Simon adds some nice tidbits about how the Great Companies recovered and reorganized with the Primaris, making them fit into their respective styles.

(And maybe a namedrop or two of more successors?)

i expect the box to only have new ragnar and ghaz, and the other mini's to be stuff that been out.

nobz, mega nobz, incursors

Thats a serious tax if true and same price as Blood of the Phoenix

eg if I just want Ragnar even if I split the box Im paying €80 for Ragnar and some troopsI dont want. Will have to have more than just Ragnar and 10 infiltrators/incursors even though Ork side will probably be the more expensive

Could we get an Invictor too?

Edited by Dark Shepherd

It could be the cost of tooth and claw, 165$. theres nothing saying the box wil be above 200$.

but I do expect ghaz to be 65$+ once he releases as standalone

Price is speculation for the moment but last PA box was $230/€165/£125

I can see Ghaz being $95/€65/£50 of not more given model size plus importance plus demand and Makari will probably be boxed with him