New Mephiston/Psychic awakening p3

Neuralshock

Are they rumoured to be Troops? 

There is no rumor, we're just speculating. They are still intercessors, so there's hope. I like them as troop selections.

Thing is..

With each model getting a potential 2 attacks on the charge, 3 if Death Company, are Primaris worth it vs normal marines? The amount of attacks you can stack are getting ridiculous.

Thing is..

With each model getting a potential 2 attacks on the charge, 3 if Death Company, are Primaris worth it vs normal marines? The amount of attacks you can stack are getting ridiculous.

Primaris's strength comes from their 2W more than their 2A.

It's me, a fellow loyalist! So with the new Primaris Death Company, does anyone know where to get Primaris Shoulder pads with a simple cross on them Death Company style? Am I stuck free handing that?

Primaris pads don't differentiate too much from regular DC pads, same with helmetless heads

Edited by Neuralshock

Savage echoes in a vacume seems good until you realise that the assault doctrine is available at the earliest on turn three. A buff that is only possible for the second half of a game is just terrible, actual close combat units have probably done their job and died by turn three or are a single unit waiting to come down from the skies and have already missed a third of the game.

To be honest thinking like that is a mistake imo. Yes it potentially won't help actual melee units much (though mine are usually still around turn 3 since we use proper terrain and don't play tournament lists), however the main thing is ... look at all the buffs we get armywide. EVERY Marine gets +2 attacks at AP-1 and +1 to wound (and AP-2 on 6s for Flesh Tearers) when they charge turn 3+. Potentially more with psychic powers and litanies. This turns even barebones Tactical Marines into decent melee units.

It doesn't matter much whether our melee units are still around turn 3 (though it would be ideal). Literally anything that's around turn 3 will hurt the enemy in melee.

Edited by sfPanzer

Question: Does anyone know whether CF and IF can be taken in the same army and not lose out on their special rules, considering they share a supplement and super doctrine? Reason I ask is because I wouldn't mind running some BA and FT in the same army, fluff wise it's absolutely the most fluffiest of alliances and given they're all fighting on Baal, makes perfect sense.

Just out of curiosity, am I the only one who saw Mephys new face and immediately started calling him mephy the carpathian? In theory I like most of these new changes for one offs with friends, but for competitive play I am far more interested in whatever points decreases ca19 will bring.

And does anybody think DC intersessors really need to be played differently if they do still fill a troop slot? I was pretty much just thinking of them as mid field objective campers that may have a better than average chance of scaring away your opponents troop choices

Question: Does anyone know whether CF and IF can be taken in the same army and not lose out on their special rules, considering they share a supplement and super doctrine? Reason I ask is because I wouldn't mind running some BA and FT in the same army, fluff wise it's absolutely the most fluffiest of alliances and given they're all fighting on Baal, makes perfect sense.

The wording is such that they lose it

Am I the only one who feels like Theon Greyjoy in that scene where Ramsey tempts allows him to escape, only to capture him.....or tempts him with the naked ladies only to ...well..you know??

Like...seriously...how heavy is the psychological impact of GW that they've given us something pretty cool and I'm here going....

"when is the gut punch coming?!" 

I feel like someone in an abusive relationship.

Am I the only one who feels like Theon Greyjoy in that scene where Ramsey tempts allows him to escape, only to capture him.....or tempts him with the naked ladies only to ...well..you know??

Like...seriously...how heavy is the psychological impact of GW that they've given us something pretty cool and I'm here going....

"when is the gut punch coming?!" 

I feel like someone in an abusive relationship.

Nah, not me. Probably because I learned to distance myself from whatever GW is releasing since I'm no competetive player anymore. :P 

Anyway, I just wrote a 1500p list with 10 DC Intercessors for an upcoming 2v2 match and realised that my stuff slots almost perfectly into eachother.

2x5 Intercessors footslogging and getting covered by the 5+++ ancient and a Captain, 10 DC Intercessors in a Repulsor buffed by a 5++ and the rest is in reserves. I quite like that. :P 

Anyway, I just wrote a 1500p list with 10 DC Intercessors for an upcoming 2v2 match and realised that my stuff slots almost perfectly into eachother.

2x5 Intercessors footslogging and getting covered by the 5+++ ancient and a Captain, 10 DC Intercessors in a Repulsor buffed by a 5++ and the rest is in reserves. I quite like that. :tongue.:

Under the assumption that they're troops? I hope so too.

2x5 Intercessors footslogging and getting covered by the 5+++ ancient and a Captain, 10 DC Intercessors in a Repulsor buffed by a 5++ and the rest is in reserves. I quite like that. :tongue.:

Under the assumption that they're troops? I hope so too.

Yeah I expect it to be our version of the Veteran upgrade Stratagem.

So, reading the article, they said something about a death company intercessor with a thunder hammer. We all know death company squads dont have sergeants. So, either intercessor death company have sergeants, which doesnt make much sense, or they will be able to equip melee weapons!

"Just imagine how much devastation a Death Company Intercessor with a thunder hammer is going to cause… Lots."

So, reading the article, they said something about a death company intercessor with a thunder hammer. We all know death company squads dont have sergeants. So, either intercessor death company have sergeants, which doesnt make much sense, or they will be able to equip melee weapons!

"Just imagine how much devastation a Death Company Intercessor with a thunder hammer is going to cause… Lots."

They might have a sergeant equivalent. Let's call him a Death Company Leader/Champion.

It does make sense fluff-wise. During the Cryptus Campaign, Dante dropped a Death Company squad, including a Dreadnought, and they were lead by another Death Company member. The most sane/strong-willed amongst them.

Although to be honest, the reason why they were lead by a DC member and not a Chaplain is probably because there wasn't a Chaplain model in the box set. :teehee:

Edited by Klod

can we use the thunder hammers from the Vanguard Vet boxes?

I have a few lying around and can pull arms off built but unpainted models if needed :-)

I am waiting to see what weapons they can have prior to building my last 10 intercessors...

Edited by happyslugger

I’m really happy with everything, we didn’t need that much of a push and this probably does enough.

I’ll wait for the full release but first glimpses are positive back to the drawing board see what I can come up with.

reivers now look a good prospect,6 man inceptor squad with access to our movement stratagems, assault bolters and 4 attacks on the charge seem tasty, 10 Intercessors death company in a repulsor, 6 aggressors with ancient, mephiston is still a beast, cpt smash

There’s lots to get started with

Edited by redshadow