New Mephiston/Psychic awakening p3

Neuralshock

Current rumour (same source as the others above)...

Red Thirst now ALSO grants +1 to Charge & Advance rolls.

BIG. IF. TRUE.

Transhuman Physiology Strat is also apparently in the book.

That's fantastic news! Too bad the chaplain litany isn't cumulative, but a win is a win.

Red Thirst now ALSO  grants +1 to Charge & Advance rolls.

BIG. IF. TRUE.

giphy.gif

(I mean, :censored: our vehicles, I guess, but I'll take it. Can you say +1 Charge from Red Thirst +2 from Litany +2 from rumored Relic banner for basically guaranteed charges on a roll of a 7+, which is the statistical average range rolled?)

*if true. <fingers crossed>

Edited by Indefragable

Red Thirst now ALSO grants +1 to Charge & Advance rolls.

BIG. IF. TRUE.

I'm about this life, shame canticle of hate explicitly states that it's not cumulative with other bonuses

If death masks give a -1 to hit instead of -1 ld that's a huge gain for 2 points even as a strat it's massive for the survivability of the unit. Even if they're sitting in the middle of the board posing

The Discord server is drip feeding leaks....too many spread out to accurately account for, but a few things of note:

-Transhuman Pnysiology (a unit can't be wounded on better than 4+) is in

-Hammer of Wrath (models with Jump Packs that charge into base-to-base contact cause MW on 5+) is in

-Apparently we do not get an ability to leap forward a Doctrine

-There's a Strat that boosts FNP to 5+++ for any <Death Company> unit so applies to DC Dreads, Captains, etc....

So long as Forlorn Fury stays in there, I think jump pack DC will be in almost every list I take. Talk about a mind :cuss for your opponent:

1. Deploy aggressively

2. Forlorn Fury them forward up to 18"

3. Charge in an cause up to 15 Mortal Wounds before you even hit with a truck load of attacks.

4. Rinse and repeat and keep getting better at attacking as you go until you're at Turn 3 + with ridiculousness

...and if they focus fire on DC (which the smart opponent should), then you pop Transhuman and the 5+++. Best part is, you don't even care if they survive since it's all a Distraction Carnifex for Capt Smash/SG/VV/even-better-Dreadnoughts to push forward to do the heavy lifting.

:cuss me I like it.

Firstly, it is till possible we'll get veteran intercessors via a stragem. I think the reason DC intercessors are a datasheet and elites is so people can't double up on stratagems and create uber veteran, DC, snowflake intercessors. Secondly does anyone know if DC intercessors can take two melee weapons period, or whether it's one per five? Also I don't think they're as rubbish as others a making out, they're, unless you were planning to go full candy and give every death company marine a special melee weapon or special pistol, a better version of footslogging DC. My DC are armed with bolters and chains words with jump packs. Intercessors basically are footslogging versions with same number of attacks and better ranged weapon and an extra wound.

Firstly, it is till possible we'll get veteran intercessors via a stragem. I think the reason DC intercessors are a datasheet and elites is so people can't double up on stratagems and create uber veteran, DC, snowflake intercessors. Secondly does anyone know if DC intercessors can take two melee weapons period, or whether it's one per five? Also I don't think they're as rubbish as others a making out, they're, unless you were planning to go full candy and give every death company marine a special melee weapon or special pistol, a better version of footslogging DC. My DC are armed with bolters and chains words with jump packs. Intercessors basically are footslogging versions with same number of attacks and better ranged weapon and an extra wound.

The tradeoff for me with Jump DC vs DC Intercessors is that the "better" bolters will not benefit from Bolter Discipline most of the time you use them since you're probably going to want to sling anything <Death Company> at the enemy. Jump DC with bolters + weapons means you can get into Rapid Fire range reliably.

Also, I'm hoping Forlorn Fury is still a thing since that made DC sooooooo much. And Jump DC can get a potential 18" "free" move with it and then another 12" move + 2D6 +1 " charge compared to up to 12" FF forward then 6" move then 2D6  +1" charge for DC Intercessors. That's huge.

New relics:

- The Librarian one from the WarCom article

- +2 to move for jumpack units( Relic for sang ancient only)

- some crap bolt rifle

- a relic crozius
 - a new jumpack which allows you to fall back and charge and +1 to the charge roll

Also a Stratagem to give a second character a Warlord trait.

It's a supplement. Supplements ADD to the Codex, not replace unless it's the same thing but different like datasheet updates. :wink:

Edited by sfPanzer

There are a ton of good stratagems to use. Instead of pumping all our CP into our Captain and re-rolls we now have to really decide what to use. Basically how Stratagems are supposed to work. ^^

New relics:

- The Librarian one from the WarCom article

- +2 to move for jumpack units( Relic for sang ancient only)

- some crap bolt rifle

- a relic crozius

- a new jumpack which allows you to fall back and charge and +1 to the charge roll

Also a Stratagem to give a second character a Warlord trait.

F still no decent relic sword.

The Discord server is drip feeding leaks....too many spread out to accurately account for, but a few things of note:

-Transhuman Pnysiology (a unit can't be wounded on better than 4+) is in

-Hammer of Wrath (models with Jump Packs that charge into base-to-base contact cause MW on 5+) is in

-Apparently we do not get an ability to leap forward a Doctrine

-There's a Strat that boosts FNP to 5+++ for any <Death Company> unit so applies to DC Dreads, Captains, etc....

So long as Forlorn Fury stays in there, I think jump pack DC will be in almost every list I take. Talk about a mind :cuss for your opponent:

1. Deploy aggressively

2. Forlorn Fury them forward up to 18"

3. Charge in an cause up to 15 Mortal Wounds before you even hit with a truck load of attacks.

4. Rinse and repeat and keep getting better at attacking as you go until you're at Turn 3 + with ridiculousness

...and if they focus fire on DC (which the smart opponent should), then you pop Transhuman and the 5+++. Best part is, you don't even care if they survive since it's all a Distraction Carnifex for Capt Smash/SG/VV/even-better-Dreadnoughts to push forward to do the heavy lifting.

:cuss me I like it.

Any definite word on veteran intercessors? Probably not happening but does anyone know "for sure"