New Mephiston/Psychic awakening p3

Neuralshock

Alright I skipped SS82 video review to the DC Intercessors. Be prepared to be even more underwhelmed, guys.

• Standard equip is the same as regular Intercessors
  • They can take all the Bolt rifle variants same as regular Intercessors
  • one model in 5 can take an auxiliary grenade launcher same as regular Intercessors
  • ONE model can take a chainsword, power fist, thunder hammer or power fist
  • ONE model can take a chainsword or hand flamer
  • No sergeant equivalent
The important take aways here are that the "second melee weapon" is really just a chainsword, not a TH or such, the unit has max LD of 7 because there's no Sergeant equivalent and finally, the most ridiculous thing, a DC Intercessor with Thunderhammer has the EXACT same amount of attacks than an Intercessor Sergeant with Thunderhammer and after the first round of combat even one less since black rage runs out while the sergeant buff doesn't.

Quickly, someone wake Blindhamster! :D

Hammernators are weirdly good right now. “Only” need an 8 on the charge, Fury of the First with +1 to hit negating the minus from hammers...I’ll give them another go without the Stormraven!

Edit: go, I’ll give them another go.

Edited by SnorriSnorrison

Hammernators are weirdly good right now. “Only” need an 8 on the charge, Fury of the First with +1 to hit negating the minus from hammers...I’ll give them another without the Stormraven!

Maybe Luke will actually win one with the BA? Probably not since he's a trash player who only blows his CP on re-rolls and never anything else.

Hammernators are weirdly good right now. “Only” need an 8 on the charge, Fury of the First with +1 to hit negating the minus from hammers...I’ll give them another without the Stormraven!

Maybe Luke will actually win one with the BA? Probably not since he's a trash player who only blows his CP on re-rolls and never anything else.

True, he plays BA in 8th like BA in 6th, as if Stratagems didn’t exist and only the re-roll was new. I think I’ve seen him use Forlorn Fury once though.

Alright I skipped SS82 video review to the DC Intercessors. Be prepared to be even more underwhelmed, guys.

• Standard equip is the same as regular Intercessors
  • They can take all the Bolt rifle variants same as regular Intercessors
  • one model in 5 can take an auxiliary grenade launcher same as regular Intercessors
  • ONE model can take a chainsword, power fist, thunder hammer or power fist
  • ONE model can take a chainsword or hand flamer
  • No sergeant equivalent
The important take aways here are that the "second melee weapon" is really just a chainsword, not a TH or such, the unit has max LD of 7 because there's no Sergeant equivalent and finally, the most ridiculous thing, a DC Intercessor with Thunderhammer has the EXACT same amount of attacks than an Intercessor Sergeant with Thunderhammer and after the first round of combat even one less since black rage runs out while the sergeant buff doesn't.

Yikes...:ermm:

Can you imagine MC hammer + Artisans ....... oof

For now. Its cheeky but RAW we can have damage 5 THs. RAI it will only be 4. The sticker being RAW it doesn't work on relics of BAAL where MC turns the weapon into a CHAPTER Relic.

Confirmed we can't do this. All Special Issue wargear counts as Relics of Baal. Bummer on that.

Quake Bolts are actually pretty useful!

Icon of the Angel going to be really good also for successors!

Flesh Tearers get double deny overwatch smash captains. D:

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

So I'm still a little rusty on 8th as I've not been playing much and kept up to date fully. But the new relic for Sang Ancients. Says it applies to any units within 6" at the start of the movement phase. So this won't apply to any that deep strike right? As they don't come on to the board until the end of the movement phase. And I've seen a few people say that it makes it +2 to charge, but it's +2 to the movement characteristic, not just +2 to any movement. Since charges go off the dice roll, how would it apply to charging? It says it's in play until the end of that turn, I'm assuming that's just to make it apply to advancing as well right?

So I'm still a little rusty on 8th as I've not been playing much and kept up to date fully. But the new relic for Sang Ancients. Says it applies to any units within 6" at the start of the movement phase. So this won't apply to any that deep strike right? As they don't come on to the board until the end of the movement phase. And I've seen a few people say that it makes it +2 to charge, but it's +2 to the movement characteristic, not just +2 to any movement. Since charges go off the dice roll, how would it apply to charging? It says it's in play until the end of that turn, I'm assuming that's just to make it apply to advancing as well right?

It just makes Jump packs have a 14" movement instead of 12" movement. It doesn't do anything for Charges. If it was meant to give +2 to charge then it would specifically say, add 2 to the charge total etc.

has anyone been able to figure out how many pooints a sanguinary priest is with a jump pack? i watched a review and a sang priest is 60 but doesn't mention the price of the jump pack

Sanguinary priest w/ JP is an official codex option now, and it's down 15 points

Screenshot 20191130 091835

Edited by Neuralshock

Unfortunate that we don't gain access to the best utility character in the game i.e. chapter master.  (will have to continue to house rule this stratagem).

But we now have access to some really fun and exciting new things. Combat doctrines being #1 and Veteran Intercessors #2 Some of the new relics are actually very interesting. Quake Bolts allowing for 2+ hits with thunder hammers and Powerfists as well as combinations from other characters and abilities.

I guess I am missing something. Why is everyone falling all over themselves for the veteran intercessors? I'm looking at 1 cp for +1 attack for intercessors in an army that needs a lot of cp. It's nice, but it seems like everyone is saying it is some new key to a fantastic army. What am I missing?

Unfortunate that we don't gain access to the best utility character in the game i.e. chapter master.  (will have to continue to house rule this stratagem).

But we now have access to some really fun and exciting new things. Combat doctrines being #1 and Veteran Intercessors #2 Some of the new relics are actually very interesting. Quake Bolts allowing for 2+ hits with thunder hammers and Powerfists as well as combinations from other characters and abilities.

Are Veteran Intercessors confirmed?

Yes they are. Clear shots in multiple review videos confirm it.

Edit: Also the screenshot about twenty posts above...

Edited by Dumah

Unfortunate that we don't gain access to the best utility character in the game i.e. chapter master. (will have to continue to house rule this stratagem).

Yes, Black_Sky posted a picture on the previous page I believe.

Edit: Ninja’d and just scroll up a few posts, mate ^^

Edited by SnorriSnorrison

Hammernators are weirdly good right now. “Only” need an 8 on the charge, Fury of the First with +1 to hit negating the minus from hammers...I’ll give them another go without the Stormraven!

Edit: go, I’ll give them another go.

Hehe I love that I had managed to gain recognition as the guy that wanted veteran intercessors :D

You can bet your bottom dollar that I'm going to do some:D

Sanguinary priest DOESN'T have the Angel's of death rule :/ interesting. Wonder if it was intentional or just a mistake?!

I'm excited to go through the various extra strats included!