New Mephiston/Psychic awakening p3

Neuralshock

I mean I've been thinking about it.

Let's just say you have the perfect set up.

Sanguinor bubble +

Unleash Rage +

Corbulo/chaplain EoR (or both if both proc separately!) +

Shock assault +

Savage Echos =

A Tactical Squad gets 5(6 on seargent) attacks each + whatever extra hits from Corbulo.

ASM gets 5/6/7 attacks with special weapon, chain swords on sergeant + any extra hits from Corbulo

Sanguinary Guard get 6 attacks with special weapons + any extra hits from Coebulo

An incursor squad gets 6 attacks each + unmodified 6s + corbulo attacks

Reivers get 7(8 for sergeant) + Corbulo

Aggressors get 7/8 powerfist attacks + Corbulo procs. That is absolutely disgusting...(probably the No.2 winners for me personally because they have good shooting and combat no reason not to take min 3 squads or bulk them out!)

VV's and Terminators get 6(7 on sergeant) with thunder hammers/powerfists 7/8 with dual lightning claws or chainswords + Corbulo's procs. (Seem like the biggest winners so far since they have a 5++~3++ depending on how they are kitted out)

Death Company First Born 8 attacks each with black rage and chainswords + Corbulo Procs 7 attacks with powerfists/Thunder hammers (seems like the biggest winners. Of DC)

DC intercessor get 6 + 7 Thunder hammer swings + corbulo procs.

This isn't even talking about characters that can double up on Red Rampage and quickening with or without death visions.

And we haven't even talked about fighting twice either.

This is what I mean about diminishing returns and how an additional attack by turn 3 is just further over kill.

I haven't even added in melee scouts or bike squads. And you can have this perfect storm by turn 3 or turna 1 and 2 albeit at 1 less attack and AP (unless you're flesh tearers). In any case it's still an absolute crazy amount of attacks.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Lot of good stuff in this chapter approved. 

Maybe I'm going to finally paint my Sanguinary Guard with this drop of points.

Did we know the new melee weapons cost ? Like Power claw or power fist ? 

Encarmine Axe -7

Encarmine Sword -4

That's all we know so far.

Edited by sfPanzer

Lot of good stuff in this chapter approved. 

Maybe I'm going to finally paint my Sanguinary Guard with this drop of points.

Did we know the new melee weapons cost ? Like Power claw or power fist ?

Encarmine Axe -7

Encarmine Sword -4

That's all we know so far.

That I live to see the day that Swords are cheaper than fists again...

7 points off axes is also pretty tight. Same price as fists, I’ll add some in my 8 men squad for certain.

Hold your horses, because I actually saw someone post that powerfists might become 7 points. :biggrin.: He was talking about CSM, but if he's right I can't imagine loyalists not getting the same point cost.

Hold your horses, because I actually saw someone post that powerfists might become 7 points. :D He was talking about CSM, but if he's right I can't imagine loyalists not getting the same point cost.

Oh no, you didn’t!! That would be crazy!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/29/psychic-awakening-feeding-frenzygw-homepage-post-4/

New article about the lore in PA3 is up. Looks like the 5th company is needed once more!

So from what that article hints at..

I like the idea that Tyranid hive fleets are so :cuss -in' large that even an Alamo-level defense, Primarch crusade, and daemonic rift opening up in the middle of one means it's still not finished. Brings 'Nids back to the existential threat level they are rather than target practice for every faction in the setting. This article hints that Leviathan was hurt quite bad by the events of Destruction of Baal, but is not out by any means. Rather, its' evolving and using both its experiences and the newly ubiquitous psychic energy to grow and transform itself.

Guess we'll see how things play out.

The WarhammerTV stream going on right now confirmed Red Thirst is indeed +1 Advance/Charge in addition to the old +1 to wound.

Woooo!!!! Assaulting from Drop Pods just got a whole lot easier! :D 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/29/psychic-awakening-feeding-frenzygw-homepage-post-4/

New article about the lore in PA3 is up. Looks like the 5th company is needed once more!

o.O You left out the most important part. Dante is relying on Gabriel Seth to lead one of the of campaigns. Interesting choice that he would pick someone like Seth to lead a campaign that was so important. I wonder if Seth has had the chance to return to Cretacia yet. I wonder how many first born marines might have seen been growing there. Also, now that Seth knows that the Primaris suffer from the Red Thirst and the Black Rage it seems his primary argument against them has vanished. I'm expecting good things for my boy Seth. Good things.

The WarhammerTV stream going on right now confirmed Red Thirst is indeed +1 Advance/Charge in addition to the old +1 to wound.

Woooo!!!! Assaulting from Drop Pods just got a whole lot easier! :D 

Keep in mind that Flesh Tearers don't get this.

Hey they confirmed +1 to charge and Advance for Red Thirst, that's good enough for me! :biggrin.:

Wait what? I'm confused. Please explain.

You get your own thing now. You get -1 AP on unmodified 6's. It replaces Red Thirst though, so Flesh Tearers do not get +1 to Charge and Advance.

39257976.jpg

edit- changed -4 to -1 AP

Edited by Aztek

Wait what? I'm confused. Please explain.
Flesh tearers get -1 AP on rolls of 6.

Its -1 not -4. And replaces the bonus to advancing and charging that BA get.

The -4- AP is the new litany of destruction

Edited by Blindhamster

Ahhhhh right. I thought you meant Flesh Tearers were losing the +1 to wound because I thought they were both tied in together. Still, +1charge/advance or -4ap on a nat 6 both are excellent.

-1 AP on 6's I was incorrect. But yeah both solid since it's in addition to +1 to wound.

Ahhhhh right. I thought you meant Flesh Tearers were losing the +1 to wound because I thought they were both tied in together. Still, +1charge/advance or -4ap on a nat 6 both are excellent.

It isn't-4ap on nat 6.

Its -1

The -1 is very good, but just making sure you dont get your hopes up!

Ahhh kk even -1 is good. GW forcing the hard decisions again. With all the new attacks though I really think that using Seth is the way to go so far. Lord of Slaughter is just so good, but I did forget you need to roll a nat 6 for it to trigger. Frustration is building lol!

Still love Seth lore-wise though. Dude is a boss. I love that he doesn't fall to his knees in awe in front of Dante and from what it seemed from Devastation of Baal he wasn't really impressed with Guilliman either. Takes balls to have that kind of attitude toward a primarch.

Kinda annoying that GW pushes the "Guilliman and Primaris arrived and rocked the world to save the Blood Angels" point of view.

At least we know from Devastation of Baal that the fight was already almost over (partially thanks to the great rift screwing with the Hivemind and the khorne daemons having a party on one of the moons) and Guilliman only arrived to give the scale the last push and do clean-up duty. :D

Kinda annoying that GW pushes the "Guilliman and Primaris arrived and rocked the world to save the Blood Angels" point of view.

At least we know from Devastation of Baal that the fight was already almost over (partially thanks to the great rift screwing with the Hivemind and the khorne daemons having a party on one of the moons) and Guilliman only arrived to give the scale the last push and do clean-up duty. :biggrin.:

Yeah I noticed that as well. Have to be careful of that Imperial Indoctrination. The fight with the Tyranids, Khorne Daemons and Knights of Blood & Flesh Tearers was truly epic!

Any mentions of successor chapters rules in the book? i.e. not Flesh tearers

hmmm, i was really hoping it would have been something that would also be beneficial to our vehicles.

Any mentions of successor chapters rules in the book? i.e. not Flesh tearers

hmmm, i was really hoping it would have been something that would also be beneficial to our vehicles.
Vehicles due benefit from +1 to advances and charges. ;)