New Mephiston/Psychic awakening p3

Neuralshock

From Facebook group; given to us from the leaker summed up into a bundle.

Sanguinor down to 130
Death Company down 2 points
DC Dread down 10
Furioso dread down 10
Sang priest with JP down about 16 points
Sanguard angelus boltguns free,
SG encarmine swords down to 8
Mephiston 145
Flamestorm cannon down 5 points

Stratagems:

Death mask -1 to hit (1 cp Angelus boltguns re roll hit or wounds and ignore cover (1 cp )
FNP 5+++ to a unit (applies to Death Company only) Give extra warlord trait Rapid fire intercessors gain Rapid fire 2
Sanguinary priest can use his healing stuff twice instead of once
Transhuman Physiology
Hammer of Wrath (models with Jump Packs that charge into base-to-base contact cause mortal wounds on 5+)

Relics:

The Librarian one from the preview
+2 to move for jumpack units( Relic for sang ancient only)
crap bolt rifle
relic crozius
new jumpack which allows you to fall back and charge and +1 to the charge roll

Red Thirst: Add +1 to wound and +1 to charge and advance rolls

Is the death mask thing a stratagem or a change from the previous ld debuff?

Also, the points drop of sang priest with JP to me confirms the addition of JP to the codex wargear. Otherwise it would be going to legends and probably not changed, right?

Edited by Hintzy

So as a new Blood Angel, what's the argument for Encarmine Swords over Encarmine Axes? Just cheaper and you get +1 to wound anyways?

The new jump pack worth taking over the Angel's Wing? Negating overwatch, as well as getting to reroll what is now an 8 inch roll is just so nice.

So as a new Blood Angel, what's the argument for Encarmine Swords over Encarmine Axes? Just cheaper and you get +1 to wound anyways?

The new jump pack worth taking over the Angel's Wing? Negating overwatch, as well as getting to reroll what is now an 8 inch roll is just so nice.

BOTH! 

BOTH! 

Double the smash! Probably a legitimately good idea if you have the CP to spare and have built around a 2nd Smash Captain. I am but a humble mortal with 1 Smash Captain.

Wonder if GW will finally fix the Baal? 

Never, the Baal pred is not allowed to be good. yet they still sell it in ever box set

IMO you don't take encarmine axes whatever the price as the sword is going to do just as well for cheaper. Fists are better still for big stuff. I do however use axes on my death company to hack MEQ to bloody bits. Swords are gonna want to go after T7 or lower elites.

Edited by Neuralshock

Never, the Baal pred is not allowed to be good. yet they still sell it in ever box set

IMO you don't take encarmine axes whatever the price as the sword is going to do just as well for cheaper. Fists are better still for big stuff. I do however use axes on my death company to hack MEQ to bloody bits. Swords are gonna want to go after T7 or lower elites.

Much appreciated! Will be building mine with Swords then :)

Much appreciated! Will be building mine with Swords then :smile.:

FWIW, it's important to factor what you're fighting.  If you have anything with a 5++ or better INV, then Axes are going to fair better.  

I am so glad GW included Flesh tearers into Baal supplement - dreams come truth.

All the rules seems just too good to be truth.

Regular death company only 15 points base? Insane.

Apparently 45 Death company is a must now. 

Transhuman physiology and 5+ FNP - that's simply a wonder.

There's just too much candy.

Much appreciated! Will be building mine with Swords then :smile.:

FWIW, it's important to factor what you're fighting. If you have anything with a 5++ or better INV, then Axes are going to fair better.

Of course, but I think the axe is better suited to the death company being loads cheaper and with greater volume than the SG could muster. Getting a bit more into the meta here but forcing more rolls means more opportunities to fail saves.

The extra WL Trait strat is gonna be good. I'm thinking of running a Sanguinary Ancient with the Relic Banner as my actual WL, to give Guard their full rerolls, and then give my Smash Captain an Extra trait. Means I can throw him around a bit more easily, too, because I won't be giving up StW as easily

Is there any hope all these changes will mean we can realistically compete with fewer starting CPs? All these sang guard rumours got me really wanting to run a vanguard with two units, the ancient and the sanguinor, hard to pull of point wise when you basically have to run 2x batillion or a brigade just to have "enough" CP...

Well, that was many pages to cath up on with a lot of information to digest! SG being cheaper is awesome, I do love mine and having more points for other things when taking them is always nice. Dante being cheaper is the icing on the cake.

Points drops for Dreads is helpful but we'll see if that makes a huge difference. I've always had terrible luck trying to get my Dreads to work :dry.:

The strategums sound very nice, I've seen how effective the new Marine ones can be so I'm very pleased we get ours now. Exciting times!

If Sanguinary Priest with Jump Pack is going to a legitimate Codex option then that makes Swords even better for Sanguinary Guard. With the Priest around you will be wounding MEQs on a 2+ and even Knights on a 4+. Fists will be wounding Knights on a 2+ with the Priest around. :biggrin.:

Not to mention that he can patch up wounds and resurrect fallen SG.

Most of our characters got cheaper. Even Dante looks worth considering now.

I was trying to manage my expectations of this supplement to avoid disappointment but I am now firmly aboard the hype train. Choo Choo! :biggrin.:

I feel we need more CP now then ever. I am running 2 battalions but I almost feel I need to run 3.

I think axes on both SG and DC is great value. It makes the units somewhat more all round. Another cool thing are reroll all failed hits that we hopefully will get.

Currently the only change I'm looking at is adding a 3rd battalion. Which might be possible due to points drop and dropping suppressors. And also do some thinking on whether to use Mephiston or a Libby dread. I like the T7 on the Libby dread.

I wonder if Incursors with paired blades are worth a look-in?

Forward deployment and a boat load of attacks on a Primaris (2W) body. Plus some decent shooting too.

I agree. They are not a powerhouse unit but they are decent with some interesting abilities and they are Troops which helps (as we look like being more CP-hungry than ever).

The forward deployment is very handy as they can provide impromptu screening/support for Captain Smash or Mephy if you decide to hurl them forwards.

Does the extra WT strat confer the character keyword on a given model, or can it only be used on a character?

Would love to give it to a San guard model, make that model the warlord then give it one of the relics but I know I'm probably dreaming here

Does the extra WT strat confer the character keyword on a given model, or can it only be used on a character?

Would love to give it to a San guard model, make that model the warlord then give it one of the relics but I know I'm probably dreaming here

Got to be a character if I remember correctly, since it must’ve been eligible to become the Warlord.

You can still put it on the Sanguinary Ancient though, which buffs SG to ridiculous levels.

You can make a regular SG your Warlord anyway. I often do this as it "bakes in" full rerolls for the entire squad. This is often worth more than a separate WL trait.

But now I can continue to do this and still run a full-fat Captain Smash by giving him AoW. I can also send him off hunting big targets without worrying about giving my opponent an easy "Slay the Warlord".

I know this isn't exactly the most appropriate place, but here's a screenshot of CA leaks for Blood Angels:

4LRAP4t.jpg

Gah! I need the melee weapons to really be motivated! I'm wondering about the T-hammer getting raised 20 points to be codex SM level. But still 30+ point drops is crazy sauce!

If Sanguinary Priest with Jump Pack is going to a legitimate Codex option then that makes Swords even better for Sanguinary Guard. With the Priest around you will be wounding MEQs on a 2+ and even Knights on a 4+. Fists will be wounding Knights on a 2+ with the Priest around. :biggrin.:

Not to mention that he can patch up wounds and resurrect fallen SG.

The priest also got the ability to use his narthecium twice, didnt he? Does that mean he can ressurect a fallen SG to two wounds or that he can ressurect 2 SG? sounds amazing anyway