Back to Badab: A Badab War Community Log - Kill Team Edition

Dosjetka

Ooh, looking good Midnightmare. I love his collar! The halo on his backpack is great too, I'll have to try that out with one of my lads. The gesturing hand on my Reiver is from one of the Shadowspear Infiltrators. Expect a lot of bits from that kit to pop up in my Mantis Warriors, the poses are glorious.

Well, this is the opportunity to complete a Sons of Medusa kill team squad I started a very long time ago, but was left in stasis after some disastrous green paint thickening on the model more than desired.

Thus I hereby pledge that I, Brother Cambrius, do swear to complete a Kill Team consisting of 6 Sons of Medusa who are committed to the Loyalist cause. The deadline for this will be 31st December 2020 and I shall do the utmost best to not fail my brothers and sisters-in-arms.

med_gallery_26154_4148_1250188.jpg

Plus I have this old veteran to lead the Kill Team squad:

med_gallery_26154_4148_40564.jpg

Let's get at it!

Cambrius

The ranks of the Secessionists swell with the arrival of Soldier of Dorn, Soulhunter1995, and Spaced Hulk! Looks like the Loyalists need some more fresh meat, which Cambrius' Sons of Medusa and their "the flesh is weak" mindset are not helping with. :P

Great to see some model progress, too! Midnightmare's Minotaur Veteran Sergeant in particular is looking terrific. :tu:

Keep it up, folks!

Heya folks.

Thanks to a suggestion from @apologist I'm keen to jump on board. I'm doing a Star Phantoms Blog here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/360386-star-phantoms/

I, Barn, do swear to complete a Kill Team consisting of 20 models, including Commandeers and Elites who are committed to the Loyalist cause. The deadline for this will be 20th of June in the year 2020. and I shall do the utmost best to not fail my brothers- and sisters-in-arms.

Welcome, Barn and Altis! Much needed fleshy reinforcements for the Loyalist side. ;)

Barn: Star Phantoms are looking good! Not so keen on the massive skull as a Crozius head but the rest are solid. :tu: Have you got any lore/fluff to accompany your Star Phantoms force? If you do, feel free to share it with us here. :)

A sneak peak of what I am working on, fair to say it's not yellow!

"From times of old nighte, the power to press able-bodied subjects into the navy for the defense of humanity laid with those who called themselves masters of ships.
With the passage of time, the power was abused and the press gang, invading ports and roaming the land became a truly feared 'tradition'.
No longer the need for press gangs exists, for dutiful citizens now volunteer in their droves to uphold and defend that which they hold most dear"

From a Lesser History of Naval Tradition M35.499 by Makena Ruane

The Navy's here lads. Now, who wants to 'volunteer'!?

gallery_60109_16124_43450.jpg

Cheers

LM

Alright, so this is using the Heralds of Ruin rules, as it's easier to organise the models I want to complete.

I, Calgar 2.0, do swear to complete a Kill Team consisting of a 2nd Lieutenant (Devestator Sergeant), 5 Tactical Marines,a Scout and Terminator, all members of the Mantis Warriors, who are committed to the Secessionist cause. The deadline for this will be July 4th, 2020 and I shall do the utmost best to not fail my brothers- and sisters-in-arms.

Reclusiarch Hypercrate Bellephron

'only in death does duty end'

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/922/0VRkYQ.jpg

Reclusiarch Bellephron is one of the oldest serving marines in the Star Phantoms chapter. It is said, he was already a Chaplain attached to the 4th Company when the current Chapter Master was just but a neophyte.

One of 4 Reclusiarch's in control of the spiritual sanctity of the chapter, Bellephron usually spends most his time in the chapter Reclusiam. He prefers a solitary life, tending to the many memorials to his fallen brothers, but is always available to chapter members seeking advice.

When the Star Phantoms became involved in the Badab War, Reclusiarch Hypercrate Bellephron was often seen inspiring troops forwards, into the thickest of action.

Nice work Barn - I love that model and you have really done him justice. Have you changed the Stormbolter? I like it :tu:

For my guys, another Minotaur enters the fray -

gallery_46632_15997_369649.jpeg

I still need to tidy up the knees and ‘veteran him up’ a bit - thinking some sort of tabard or loincloth. I also need to change his magazine for his ‘Bolter’ for a Sternguard style one (staying with the bolt rifles me thinks)

Cheers!

Edited by Midnightmare

Another little update, still WIP but mostly complete.

"The heavy bolter is not a weapon commonly issued to the ranks of naval armsmen. It's abillity to perforate the hull of void going craft in the hands of an over zealous operative makes it equally dangerous to foe and friend alike.

When a Press Gang is sent out it is not entirely uncommon for the officer in charge to see fit to make use of them. Naturally, the intention is not to use it on prospective volunteers and future crew mates. But on occassion it has been known for Landsmen to mis understand the well meant intentions of the Press.

The opportunity to see new worlds and the privilege of serving aboard the mighty ships of the fleet is not always enough to encourage enrollment. Where this fails or indiginous populations see fit to prevent their fellow citizens from joining the navy then the considerable fire power of a heavy bolter comes in handy.

Even if it does make a mess, those citizens merely winged by such a weapon should be considered for lobotomisation and induction into the servitor ranks so they may still be given the opportunity to serve."

From Naval Recruitement for Dummies circa M36.159 Author Unknown

gallery_60109_16124_1056475.jpg

Cheers

LM

Just seen this. If it's not too late I'd like to join in with the Howling Griffons.

In similar vein, I’d be pleased to join in with some Marines Errant

I think that then means it’s only the Exorcists who haven’t gained any love...

Edit: and Red Scorpions

Edited by Zebulon

Just seen this. If it's not too late I'd like to join in with the Howling Griffons.

In similar vein, I’d be pleased to join in with some Marines Errant

I think that then means it’s only the Exorcists who haven’t gained any love...

Edit: and Red Scorpions

Exorcists, you say ... 

I have 1x truescale Exorcists 1st Company marine who's been sitting on my shelf for ... far too long, now. Built [by my longstanding comrade, Umbral, in this instance], *mostly* painted, but never quite finished - because :cuss:  white rims on armour. Inter alia. 

Thanks to you people, he's been uplifted from the shelf-of-lost-enthusiasm/almost-completion, plonked back on the painting-table-of-aspiration, and I'm fulminating about consistent whites, all over again. 

Shall post pic once (mostly-more) complete ... and if it goes well, and/or I happen to come into possession of more of the Epistolary shoulder-pads that make for handy chapter insignia, I may be tempted to build a few fellows for him. 

Edited by Interrogator Stobz
++Swear dodge; use cuss emoji in future.++