The Defence of Ryza

Woah woah woah... I am feeling so happy. Some for Ryza. Cannot wait to have the suplement and maybe some transfers for Crucius!

BTW, Legio Magna scheme is so rad. Definetely if I ever had to betray the Throne, I will go with them. And I like how Legio Vulturum colors match those of house Malinax, their pals from Xana II.

Magna will be nasty with Ferrox and Mandatum maniples. We've only seen half their rules and they already have a lot of synergy.

I think it's worth noting that the Honorum buff activates regardless of which direction you moved in, despite the fluff description of advancing forward. It doesn't look worth going out of your way for unless you have a load of structural damage, but I guess it's nice to have when you do get there.

Fajita Fan is on it. Vulturum's Enigmatic trait is a clear winner among those traits until we know what the heck Cull the Weak does, but it's almost certainly a Legio-specific strat of theirs (long odds that it's a generic strat in the book?). A free redeploy on your Princeps Seniores is a mean trick. Experimental Vessel is nice but just not as reliable or powerful as Enigmatic or some of the rulebook traits like Dominant Strategist. These guys are looking like they'll have a bizarre rule set so far but at least it's interesting.

This is also our first taste of Osedax's rules! Blood Begets Blood looks like it could be a little difficult to trigger deliberately, and restricting to closest targets and taking 2 heat hurts a lot. But it applies to every Osedax Titan in your force and can be an out-of-combat-phase round of shooting depending on when you have a Titan go Catastrophic. I really like their heraldry so hopefully the rest turns out well.

Enigmatic is pretty neat, as are the rules for the other legions we have rules for now. Honoriam’s was weirdly worded and took me a second to understand but I like that it matches the Crusader aspect (battletech crusader clans anybody?).

I’d love to see the new maniples and strats, but this is a great start :)

Osedax has a beautiful scheme but sad to hear they are virtually extinct.

Vulturum’s scheme has the cool bone color tie into Malinax and Xana.

Magna has some cool rules with going aggressive for a turn while taking extra damage in return.

The Osedax one looks interesting as extra shooting is always good. It's arguably worse than the Fureans Offensive Surge stratagem, though it does apply to all your engines no matter what maniple they're in... except for the dead one.

It's an advantage that you fire out of sequence. It is fairly likely to go off late in a combat phase, when engines will have lost their shields. There's potential for it to do major damage. 

We'll have to see their other strats to tell whether they're powerful overall, but so far these Legios all look pretty interesting. It's shaping up to be a good book.

For me personally it's awkward that Taranis are getting rules. I play Taranis in 40k, so I feel quite a lot of loyalty towards them. But in AT they are kind of the same colour as my Astorum Titans, which could be a bit boring. I'd just made up my mind to do Hawkshroud and now this!

The Osedax one looks interesting as extra shooting is always good. It's arguably worse than the Fureans Offensive Surge stratagem, though it does apply to all your engines no matter what maniple they're in... except for the dead one.

It's an advantage that you fire out of sequence. It is fairly likely to go off late in a combat phase, when engines will have lost their shields. There's potential for it to do major damage. 

We'll have to see their other strats to tell whether they're powerful overall, but so far these Legios all look pretty interesting. It's shaping up to be a good book.

For me personally it's awkward that Taranis are getting rules. I play Taranis in 40k, so I feel quite a lot of loyalty towards them. But in AT they are kind of the same colour as my Astorum Titans, which could be a bit boring. I'd just made up my mind to do Hawkshroud and now this!

Yeah, it's hard not to compare their rule directly with Offensive Surge. I guess BBB could be triggered outside the combat phase, but it's probably not something to plan for in most cases. That's a great point on when it's most likely to be triggered, too.

anyway wait, hol' up. Taranis is getting rules in this book? I must have missed that, but that's rad. If you're worried about schemes looking too similar, have you considered a textural contrast? Like a metallic blue on the Knights vs a flat blue on the Titans?

Yeah they were posted on Facebook today. First proper image we've seen of Heresy Era Taranis.

113393793_3746439255373327_2972549085647

They're exactly the same colour as my Astorum! Or at least they're also dark blue. If I did them a slightly different dark blue they'd just clash. They have gold trim, interestingly. That's different to 40k. I think it could look good actually because it's going to be different to the metal of the bodies.

On the plus side, I'm reasonably comfortable painting dark blue at this point.

Yeah they were posted on Facebook today. First proper image we've seen of Heresy Era Taranis.

113393793_3746439255373327_2972549085647

They're exactly the same colour as my Astorum! Or at least they're also dark blue. If I did them a slightly different dark blue they'd just clash. They have gold trim, interestingly. That's different to 40k. I think it could look good actually because it's going to be different to the metal of the bodies.

On the plus side, I'm reasonably comfortable painting dark blue at this point.

You could do the first of Taranis in their post-heresy scheme, or something of a hybrid scheme that shows the bridge between the two?  

It'll be interesting to see the new maniples - I'm guessing we'll see one that pairs Warbringers with Warlords as they're the only Titan the former haven't yet been combo'd with - maybe we'll even get an all-Warlord maniple as there are already exclusively Reaver/ exclusively Warhound maniples (although having the starting cost be 3 Warlords might be too much for that one to be feasible).

I guess this confirms Mechanicus knights are on the horizon. I wouldn't be surprised to see new Acastus as well.

Just confirmrs they have the art for it, and they know its part of the setting. 

But yeah, its on the 'To make list' well before any Xenos stuff. 

I guess this confirms Mechanicus knights are on the horizon. I wouldn't be surprised to see new Acastus as well.

Just confirmrs they have the art for it, and they know its part of the setting. 

But yeah, its on the 'To make list' well before any Xenos stuff. 

I mean, there's been art for the Atropos since before Titanicus released, in FW's Retribution - but it's never made an appearance in an AT book, just like the Warbringer & Porphyrion hadn't until they had models available.

112296750_3752497634767489_5063174657001

Thrilled to see Morbidia finally get some art!

It's nice to see them getting some art, I agree. And I'm happy to see admech knights appear, though I'd be happier still to see more Titans.

But for crying out loud, that trait again! A Seneschal's banner can already reroll 1s any time it uses its WS or BS, so that does nothing at all. Bizarre that they'd do this again, having given out similar in other books. That's incredibly careless.