The Defence of Ryza

With the other two Knight Household allegiances being Traitoris and Oblivion, I suspect they  have Imperial and Traitor, with Mechanicum and Blackshields being counted as distinct. Alternatively Oblivion could mean just Dark Mechanicum, or heavily warp tainted Houses, though I'd say both of those are less likely.

Edited by Beren

Reviews drop on pre-order day, not release day. All of the previous supplements (Titandeath, Molech, S&I) received full look-throughs on the day they went up for sale. I hope today does not buck the trend.

The only new release that was sent out early to be reviewed was Indomitus. None of the post-covid Psychic Awakening books, or the Lumineth AoS book or anything were sent out early either. I assume it’s COVID related tbh but I guess we;ll see if things get back to normal or not. 

After squinting at the contents page up on the GW site, I'm pretty sure one of the Maniples included is the "Dominus Battleforce Maniple", a hybrid Titan/ Knight Maniple previously published in White Dwarf, so looks like they're using the new book to make WD-exclusive rules more widely available after the community's had some time to test balance (I wonder if we'll see any change to the Maniple's rules)?

Missed this post when I made my last one. 

Yeah, I dont think we will see much change to it. It was good but not great, and kinda self balancing as it kept knights from doing what you normaly want todo with them.

Also for those interested extergimus is a form of a Latin word which was commonly used by ancient historians to refer to scouring actions performed by Roman Legions (i.e. those occasions when all foes were killed or enslaved and their settlements were razed to the ground). Suitably grimdark name for a maniple and one which I have high hopes for based on the etymology alone :P

Also for those interested extergimus is a form of a Latin word which was commonly used by ancient historians to refer to scouring actions performed by Roman Legions (i.e. those occasions when all foes were killed or enslaved and their settlements were razed to the ground). Suitably grimdark name for a maniple and one which I have high hopes for based on the etymology alone :tongue.:

Fingers crossed for Warbringers and Warlords then

Also for those interested extergimus is a form of a Latin word which was commonly used by ancient historians to refer to scouring actions performed by Roman Legions (i.e. those occasions when all foes were killed or enslaved and their settlements were razed to the ground). Suitably grimdark name for a maniple and one which I have high hopes for based on the etymology alone :tongue.:

*Desire to enact Damnatio Memoriae protocols intensifies*

Got everything on pre-order this morning.

With the card and terminal packs, I no longer trust that stocks will last past a day or two of pre-orders. (Yes, I'm sure they will be available online, but I like physical cards.)

Goonhammer will probably have an article soon.

Maybe Wednesday? They may struggle with time however, if they plan on reviewing each new trait/strat/wargear option in detail that's a lot of work!

They don't do that for initial reviews anymore, instead offering a general summary highlighting what they think is interesting. See their S&I review as an example.

Not sure why the book, unless my eyes deceive me, describes Magna as a minor Titan Legion when we know from the black books that they were one of the largest in the Imperium...

That error aside, Magna's rules are fantastic. Absolutely thrilled. Also really pleased that each Legio gets at least 3 art pieces each - far superior to some of their lazier books, e.g. Molech & S&I. Cannot wait for my pre-order to get here.

Edited by Marshal Loss

For whatever reason I thought there was going to be 4 new maniples but it looks like Dominus is a copy of an earlier version. Extermigus is too many points for any match I’ve watched. Perpetua is nice, but could be canceled out by the oft seen Vox blackout or an aggressive Interfector player.

Firmus could be interesting but it’s disappointing you can’t normally take a warlord in it. Krytos players might rejoice. I feel like I’ve seen enough command checks failed regularly for it to work, but a little miffed that it hinges on a roll. Reavers might be able to soak up shots for your squishy warhounds, but won’t be able to transfer hits from strats like thermal mines and bombardments. A warlord (read Krytos) could be nasty as you could push aggressively with it and use warp displacement to keep it at the front of your lines. Durable enough to eat incoming fire without losing combat effectiveness.

Edit: Krytos can only take it for Myrmidon maniples...derp. Disregard. Fortidus can take it however and still reap the benefits, albeit slower.

Edited by depthcharge12

See, I was pretty sure I was gonna be happy with just a single Warlord for a decent amount of time given how much of a pain mine's been to paint, but that Extermigus maniple would be *extremely* characterful for my Legio (they think the sound of their guns firing is a literal manifestation of the Omnissiah's voice, so they're all about shooting, with zero melee). Be interesting how it actually plays in (large enough) games though, given it pretty much means you'll be heftily outnumbered.

Edit: okay, I was squinting at some of the pages for the Custom Legio rules from the review vid, and looks like one of the wargear options includes aping Legio Mordaxis' upgrading 3" blast templates to 5", think it cost about 20pts per weapon and you can't take any other weapon upgrades on the same Titan, but rather than decreasing the strength you increase the damage to the torso from a hit on the disabled weapon. Could be amazing on an Arcus Maniple Warbringer, potentially giving you three 5" blasts that only scatter D6 outside line of sight.

Edited by Iron Hands Fanatic