The Defence of Ryza

I hope they’re not resin from FW or I will be scratchbuilding it.

I thought about this the other day, and looking at the Questoris knights' main sprue, of 22 parts that build each Questoris knight, you'd have to replace 11 parts for them to match the 28mm versions (in reality, it'd likely also require extra parts to account for the siege claws' assembly & guns' power cabling), which I hope is enough to justify them being a full plastic kit instead, as they're significantly more complex than a couple of extra plates & weapons.

Edit: I also just had a look at the Cerastus sprue, with each Lancer requiring 23 parts to build (assuming you use the simplest head), and only 10 of them being the same for the Atropos, which again might well require more than 23 total parts, so hopefully it's the same for them.

Edited by Iron Hands Fanatic

I hope they’re not resin from FW or I will be scratchbuilding it.

They’re already having issues trying to stock things even newly released kits with COVID.

If they are it’s DOA and not getting released until Q1 next year more than likely.

Life is too short, and I have too many ongoing projects, to scratch build admech knights. Anyway the models and rules are likely to come out very closely together*, so there shouldn't be a need to.

*I mean, I hope so. Recently they've at least tried to release models and rules close together, though Covid has obviously made a mockery of everything.

There is also mention of Daemon Engines in that article.  Dare we hope there's actual rules?  Probably not, but darn it, I hope so!  Maybe they'll just be an upgrade sort of thing instead of actual new Titans?  Spend X points to upgrade to a Khorne Daemon Engine, Get Y ability.  Have fun converting until the real kits come out?

Fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.

There is also mention of Daemon Engines in that article.  Dare we hope there's actual rules?  Probably not, but darn it, I hope so!  Maybe they'll just be an upgrade sort of thing instead of actual new Titans?  Spend X points to upgrade to a Khorne Daemon Engine, Get Y ability.  Have fun converting until the real kits come out?

Fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.

I feel like if a system that substantive existed in the book, then they'd be hyping it up as one of the reasons to buy Ryza. More likely it's purely narrative like the daemonic engines we already saw in S&I

I agree. As much as I would love to see daemon engines appear in AT, I think it will take some more time before we see them.

Just speculating here but I wouldn't be surprised, at some point in time, to see a new battleforce box with the Questoris Magaera and Styrix, Cerastus Atrapos and Acastus Asterius. That if we are blessed with plastic versions of these knights of course.

My feeling as well regarding the Warbringer.

Edited by Mendi Warrior

I agree. As much as I would love to see daemon engines appear in AT, I think it will take some more time before we see them.

Just speculating here but I wouldn't be surprised, at some point in time, to see a new battleforce box with the Questoris Magaera and Styrix, Cerastus Atrapos and Acastus Asterius. That if we are blessed with plastic versions of these knights of course.

Someone on Facebook theorized it might be present in a lame "Stratagem" format in this book, so barely counting.

Well, just a few days to wait before we'll discover if they are in there and under which form.

At some point, I am expecting to see models for Daemon Engines, coming alongside a plastic banelord. But that is more hope/wishful thinking than anything concrete at the moment. Revisiting the old models could give some awesome stuff. Picturing the Khorne ones in particular. But I am digressing now.

THAT is a box I would buy. 

I am liking the Vulturum scheme, quite a bit. If they do transfers, might have to be a second Legio for me when I’ve finished my Fureans. 

Edited by fire golem

Check out that alternate head & tilt shields on the Warbringer. That might be on the B sprue if they have a plastic volcano cannon variant on the way? Very cool. I definitely prefer this version over the original so far.

I'm sure they've gotten "feedback" on the Warbringer head - I'd be surprised if an alternate isn't in the works.

I'd love to see an alternate head/weapon sprue.

The PSI titan rules do mention corrupted titans and IIRC, there's a mention that "corrupted titans will be covered in a future supplement."

I mean, yeah.  I have no doubt they will happen.  I just wonder when.

Had a look at the NZ site for a cheeky preview.

There are four new maniples in the Ryza book. I can't quite make out their names but it looks like two battleline, one light and one of what I think is "Battleforce". Dunno what that could be.

Here's the contents anyway:

– An overview of the Defence of Ryza

– Background and Legion-specific rules for six Titan Legions: Honorum, Osedax, Crucius, Magna, Vulturum and Mortis

– Four new maniples to use in your games

– Background and rules for six Knight Houses: Sidus, Taranis, Zavora, Morbidia, Ioeden and Oroborn

– Full colour examples of paint schemes and heraldry for Titans and Knights

– Six narrative missions based on the dramatic events of the story

– Three different allegiances for your Titan Legions, and four for your Knight Houses

– Rules for creating your own Titan Legions, including 16 Traits, 15 Stratagems, and 21 pieces of Wargear

– Battle Standards, Lance Standards and High Kings to expand your Knight Households

– New environments: Manufactoria, Plasmatic Infrastructure and Ryza Secundus

– 11 new Stratagems to use in your games

So as well as Titans getting to be Loyal, Traitor or Blackshield, knights get to be Imperial, Admech, and two others (traitor or blackshield?). 

It's nice to see the knight rules fleshed out a bit. Hopefully the Legio creation rules will be good.

The box for the new Cerastus has a terminal in it, which is nice. Ideally you'd want two of course, but it's a start.

Will Magna's stratagem(s) be included in that card pack? "15 Crusade Legio-specific Stratagem cards for use in creating your own Titan Legion" sounds like it's just the generic ones which is a disappointment if so

Edited by Marshal Loss

After squinting at the contents page up on the GW site, I'm pretty sure one of the Maniples included is the "Dominus Battleforce Maniple", a hybrid Titan/ Knight Maniple previously published in White Dwarf, so looks like they're using the new book to make WD-exclusive rules more widely available after the community's had some time to test balance (I wonder if we'll see any change to the Maniple's rules)?

With new knight rules I might actually get my knight household done.

I have 8 Cerastus Lancers and 2 Acastus Knights, and I don't know what to do with them. For an auxiliary detachment to my Titans this seems a lot, while for a Household it is obviously not enough... Maybe I will find some nice bits in this book, to kickstart these models into a full Knight army.