War of the Spider

I just hope that new FW indexes refrain from just using the points values and rules from last year's custodes rules. The nerfing on the Telemon really needs to be undone and was unnecessary from the get-go.

I just hope that new FW indexes refrain from just using the points values and rules from last year's custodes rules. The nerfing on the Telemon really needs to be undone and was unnecessary from the get-go.

Have you written to the rules team by any chance? I begged them to FAQ the sword for the galatus because golly gee is a str7 dread.

Have you written to the rules team by any chance? I begged them to FAQ the sword for the galatus because golly gee is a str7 dread.

No, I haven't. You got a point though, I really should. You are absolutely right, and again regarding the Galatus. The rules for it were always shoddy and I never understood what the writers were thinking when they released consecutively nonsensical rules for it. 

No, I haven't. You got a point though, I really should. You are absolutely right, and again regarding the Galatus. The rules for it were always shoddy and I never understood what the writers were thinking when they released consecutively nonsensical rules for it.

It's extra weird when you look at his apocalypse rules. It is amazing in apoc.

I am quietly hoping that we will see the Forgeworld models begin to appear in our supplements. Although I think it is unlikely as even though the GW team has taken over rules writing they tend to like to keep Forgeworld seperate as you can't buy it in their stores. I would argue that as you can order Forgeworld in store anyway it probably wouldn't hurt the main line in terms of sales that much.

Either way, still hoping to get the limited edition. Although I will be in a strange timezone when it happens so we shall see.

It would be awesome (and entirely unlikely) if they just folded the Forgeworld things into the codex. That would make it easier for everyone. But it's more than a little off topic.

That being said, I do hope we see War of the Spider this month, as the anticipation is killing me. I want some new tricks for my golden boys and girls!

I think Enginewar preorder is May 30.

That would mean WotS preorder June 27.

Pariah for July 25.

9th Edition preorder Aug 29.

Guesses, of course- nothing official. But 9th has to get sales time in before the fall Pandemic starts. If GW is smart, they will be rejigging their processes in order to fair better in the event of a second lockdown.

9th is coming late June- early July, Im hoping we see PAs weekly or fortnightly in the meantime to catch up the schedule!

Have GW said anything regarding the schedule? Maybe GW will release 9th before they finish Psychic Awakening, it will most likely be a bigger earner for them than the supplement books. And they do keep reinforcing that they will be compatible. I'm just speculating though.

Hopefully we'll see some Warhammer Community articles with some War of the Spider information soon now that Engine War has a date. From the pictures of Engine War's contents page I am slightly concerned that we might be an after thought outside of getting a 'Talons' keyword. The Knights don't seem to have received a lot of love judging from the pictures.

9th is fairly certainly in that window due to various hints, schedules and competitions. PA is anyones guess tbh but i would be deeply surprised if it carries on after as i suspect Pariah sets up the new edition status quo with the Necrons escalating, plus GW does not want to be sat on piles of books that apparently kept coming from China more of less on schedule even if the minis got delayed a bit, and tbh if they are confident to release the big Mechanicus wave the relatively smaller model releases for the next 2 books should be a piece of cake :) 

• 2 weeks later...

From saturday the 13th of June you can pre-order war of the spider! So that means it will be released the 27th of June.

Will it not be a one week pre-order? So a release on the 20th?

So great things: against many Facebook naysayers the double shot strat is amazing for us. Especially for those already running any Venatari or Aquilon with lastrum storm bolters.

Yay sister integration finally. And a decent shutdown strat I suppose. I wish Psychic buffs were actually removable. Maybe that will be a power.

Sad no word that the sisters move to a different force org and stay elite.

Thus far the so called sister integration is garbage. There's zero reason to bring them. They're T3 3+... they fall over to a stiff breeze. Good luck getting them in 18" of an enemy psyker. Assassins have barely changed, and because I'm assuming their rules are the same, what difference does adding them to Custodes make now as opposed to before?

Double shooting for custodes helps but does not fix our problems. Giving a HQ more wounds is nice but... Why? Sar far the shield host WL trait and relic are fairly :cusse too.

Overall not impressed. If this is the way our PA continues I'll be selling up Custodes and focusing on IG/Orks.

The SoS core rules previewed are in effect the exact same as they are now. The only new thing there is some strategem support.

Assassins also don't seem to have massive changes. If the Auxiliary support detachment you need to unlock to bring one in the first place costs any CP, the flexibility to pick and choose your assassin has actually become more expensive in CP.

Don't really know enough about Custodes, but not super-impressed by the Sisters and Assassin's stuff so far. :-/