30k Hobby Chat

11 hours ago, Xenith said:

Great work! Could you have stuck a magnet in the top of the wing and used the sponson sprue weapons on there to allow you to switch things up?

Thanks. I’m sure it would have been possible to magnetise but I haven’t. I don’t actually have anything with the new sponson sprues. These are a couple of old resin lascannons. 

4 hours ago, darkhorse0607 said:

Second of my Deathwing Companions, slow going on these

4.jpg

My one suggestion would be to use a different shade for the cape than deathwing bone white, becuase it kind of looks like his left thigh and his cloak are made of the same material. Otherwise, it looks excellent. I hope mine turn out half as good

Printed up some fast movers today.   The XIIIth legion grows ever larger!

The proteus will be done in the same classic yellow and blue as my jetbikes.  I was tempted to do the Javelins that way as well, but they just look too good in blue and white!

15943E49-3188-4CC1-88BC-566B4F162D8B.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cruor Vault said:

Printed up some fast movers today.   The XIIIth legion grows ever larger!

The proteus will be done in the same classic yellow and blue as my jetbikes.  I was tempted to do the Javelins that way as well, but they just look too good in blue and white!

15943E49-3188-4CC1-88BC-566B4F162D8B.jpeg

Some great prints!

I’ve made a start on a fire raptor conversion. It’s basically the front of a stormhawk interceptor rammed onto a Corvus Blackstar. The join (and other areas) is a bit of a mess but that can be tidied up with GS later. 

IMG_5776.thumb.jpeg.5ca2935abfb308a03a67087d43c0bc90.jpeg

A pair of punisher Gatlings arrived this morning and I’m playing around with where to stick them on. I’d considered under the wings or on the roof to hide the big =I= but I think the chin is the best option. Something very roughly like this. 

IMG_5769.thumb.jpeg.4df4f3c2b2fd6fa347af330cca9aa4e3.jpeg

I’ll then have scanners and other gubbins where the stormtalon’s turret would usually go, plus a landing skid and stuff. A big box of ammo will go under there somewhere too. 

thoights and C+C welcome. 

I decided to go with this position either side of the gunner. Just seemed like the best option to me. I cut up some bits of stormhawk engine to make the cowling, which is the last major structural work. Lots of filling and detail work to do next. 

IMG_5792.thumb.jpeg.861bd87882cc4c01db6b4915b6f61749.jpeg

I based it too. The Corvus is designed to be a bit low, with the stand going most of the way through it. adding a new, lower front makes it seem like it’s really cutting the grass. 

IMG_5795.thumb.jpeg.e56bf038917c1805177f2cf427901948.jpeg

11 hours ago, Mandragola said:

I decided to go with this position either side of the gunner. Just seemed like the best option to me. I cut up some bits of stormhawk engine to make the cowling, which is the last major structural work. Lots of filling and detail work to do next. 

IMG_5792.thumb.jpeg.861bd87882cc4c01db6b4915b6f61749.jpeg

I based it too. The Corvus is designed to be a bit low, with the stand going most of the way through it. adding a new, lower front makes it seem like it’s really cutting the grass. 

IMG_5795.thumb.jpeg.e56bf038917c1805177f2cf427901948.jpeg

Nice built overall but to be completely honest the gatling guns are way to big for me.

8 hours ago, Gorgoff said:

Nice built overall but to be completely honest the gatling guns are way to big for me.

Fair call but they're actually a fair bit smaller than the ones the Fire Raptor comes with. Do you mean they're sticking out too far?

Need some advice, I have been collecting horus heresy models but never played a game.

I am not looking to be competitive, but if I  ever played I do not want to get wiped out  in turn 2 either, s most of my collection is just stuff I like.

Actually, jut looking to make what I have actually relevant to the Vlka Fenryka, not wanting to chase the meta (considering I do not/ have not played)

Plus much of what I have I started working on before book 7, so was put together before knowing what the Wolves units would be.

So question 1, are tactical squads any good?

I have a 20 man squad, which I could split to be 2 x 10 man squads.

6ADR7KP.jpg

Is it worth keeping tacticals in a Wolves list would they be better as something else like stalkers or veterans?

JKcxA8F.jpg

mwIxsMh.jpg

This is one of 3 of my veteran squads, do I keep as is, or are stalkers a more viable option?

These were done around 4 years ago, so before stalkers were even a thing

Also can grey stalkers be armed the same as veterans, or would I be ripping arms off all over the show to change them?

I have 25 mark 6 marines in a box, , so would I be better making them up as stalkers?

vNaqOD3.jpg

fuDEAeR.jpg

These are 10 of my 20 man breacher unit that I made in 2016-2017.

Loved the idea of a shield wall for my viking marines and thought it would be cool.

Should I consider making them into a unit of grey slayers, maybe switch the spears for axes?