30k Hobby Chat

15 hours ago, Mandragola said:

Fair call but they're actually a fair bit smaller than the ones the Fire Raptor comes with. Do you mean they're sticking out too far?

I guess yes. That is the thing. The Fireraptor has them in the nose which looks more realistic than the 40k style where all weapons look like bolted on after the machine was build 

My first Triorii (SoH Inductii). 2 of 12. More are coming. I decided to use Mk IV because is very emblematic of this legion. I'm going to make a full squad of them. At last some good & cheap line infantry with chainaxes!

20230603_203310.jpg

-- || --

We do not build
We do not liberate
We are but ghosts
Memories of the Old Night

-- || --

Kill Team M29, Revenant Legion done! Let loose the angelic cannibals of the IX!

1168591-.jpg

The commander requires your attention, don't lose your head!

1168592-.jpg
1168593-.jpg
1168594-.jpg
1168595-.jpg
1168596-.jpg

Fire support requires occasional aiming.

1168597-.jpg
1168598-.jpg

Phosphex and assorted grenade-shaped treats for everyone!

1168599-.jpg
1168600-.jpg

Some proper dakka is needed even in the rad-wastes.

1168601-.jpg
1168602-.jpg

Sons of the Angel, knowingly or not, murderers one and all.

1168603-.jpg
1168604-.jpg
1168605-.jpg

With bolt and blade, no mutant shall threaten the nascent Imperium ever again.

1168606-.jpg
1168607-.jpg
1168608-.jpg

Well.. those are the coolest looking miniatures I have seen in some time @Sherrypie!

I'm reading the ADB Seige of Terra book at the moment and just got to the Revenant Legion description, think those look absolutely spot on. I like the prettier-looking head sculpts you have gone for, again matches the description, and contrasts really nicely with the dirt and grime, and barbarity of what they are doing!

Maybe just need some sort of diorama now of a cannibalistic ritual? :)

Awesome!

14 minutes ago, Pacific81 said:

Well.. those are the coolest looking miniatures I have seen in some time @Sherrypie!

I'm reading the ADB Seige of Terra book at the moment and just got to the Revenant Legion description, think those look absolutely spot on. I like the prettier-looking head sculpts you have gone for, again matches the description, and contrasts really nicely with the dirt and grime, and barbarity of what they are doing!

Maybe just need some sort of diorama now of a cannibalistic ritual? :)

Awesome!

Ha, thanks Paz :D

I guess I've got to read that book one day now, it's been mentioned in some other comments as well. I went into this project with only the descriptions found in Malevolence, ie. "storm-gray plate with charnel imagery" and one image to boot. Not too sure about dioramas for such a small project, but I'm thinking of supplementing this legionary crew with blood cultists and early applicants represented with various human team rules, as the IX's angelic killers always attracted a gaggle of misguided followers around them, hoping they too could be transformed from mutated waste-scum to such elevated beings.

Edited by Sherrypie

On 6/5/2023 at 11:21 PM, Sherrypie said:

1168591-.jpg

Real nice with a proper technobarbarian look to them. Not 100% sold on how much the greaves flare out, but it doesn't detract from them. 

Edited by Xenith

1 hour ago, Xenith said:

Real nice with a proper technobarbarian look to them. Not 100% sold on how much the greaves flare out, but it doesn't detract from them. 

Yeah, they are a bit disco :sweat:

Basically I just slapped some putty on the first guy without massively scraping off the existing legs and by the time I had done the second one the look was already kind of there. If this wasn't a small, expressive "TECHNOBARBARISM F YEAH!" project, I'd probably take more care to make them a tad slimmer in a sensible way. As things stand, "sensible" isn't exactly the operative keyword here :D

Trying to get some heresy mojo going.

Started painting up a squad of slayers veterans and recon marines 2 or 3 years ago then stopped.

Also started a 3rd Russ not. Too long ago.

Wondering if I should start the squads over again as I did a different paint recipe on Russ.

Both are nowhere near as dark grey as the first Wolves that I did.

What do you think?

h2dr4XN.jpeg

dAeHHjn.jpg

jezlrbB.jpeg

Not sure if I can get the 2 greys to match up.

My test model for the slayers etc from a few years back was this.

dbB2GS9.jpg