30k Hobby Chat

Breachers and Cataphactii terminators for my SoH!.

I finally assembled two squads of 10 Breachers using MK III marines and 3D printed shields. One with bolters and another with Volkites. Anyway, the weapons and shields are not glued, just blu-taced, to be easy to remove and use the units as Breachers, Tacticals or Support squads.

And I get a box of 10 Cataphactii for my birthday, so assembled some more for my boys. With volkites, power mauls, heavy weapons and thunder hammers.

20230514_181719.jpg

20230514_181632.jpg

20230514_181220.jpg

20230514_181057.jpg

20230514_180635.jpg

20230514_180604.jpg

Edited by AGRAMAR
Too soon...

Nooooooo!!!! I knew Siege of Cthonia was imminent but I still went and spent all my hobby budget. I wonder if my FLGS accepts "magic" beans as alternate currency?

Anyone else looking forward to seeing what 2nd Edition narrative books look like?

I am looking forward to a (hopefully) more comprehensive zone mortalis ruleset. I've never really been a gamer but zone mortalis really appeals to me.

Edited by Corswain

7 hours ago, Corswain said:

Anyone else looking forward to seeing what 2nd Edition narrative books look like?

Yes sure. 

And new fluff is always a nice thing to have. Plus this will show us if the new writers are as good as the old ones or if we get a massive drop in quality stories.

I've been building up some gunshields for some DiY Rapier platforms:

large.IMG_20230516_081422.jpg.d7fb85851cb4d134d99deb66643337aa.jpg

Anyone got any tips for getting clean cuts with plasticard? 

Those Seekers look cracking @2gud2bbad nice use of parts.

Very nice work on the Vanquishers @sarabando the turrets look great.

3 hours ago, Pearson73 said:

I've been building up some gunshields for some DiY Rapier platforms:

large.IMG_20230516_081422.jpg.d7fb85851cb4d134d99deb66643337aa.jpg

Anyone got any tips for getting clean cuts with plasticard? 

Those Seekers look cracking @2gud2bbad nice use of parts.

Very nice work on the Vanquishers @sarabando the turrets look great.

Nice.

Sorry, I don't have an idea how to make cutting more clean. I struggle with that myself.

@Pearson73 don't try to cut all the way through in one motion. Mark your line then score it neatly, then score a bit deeper, and again etc. Eventually you will cut to the bottom, or far enough that you can snap it apart by bending. If the first few cuts are accurate they will guide the blade in later cuts giving you a neat straight edge.

Gaming for a change while procrastinating some painting that ought to be done...

The Iron Hands attempt a surprise strike on the Death Guard, who are priming a nuclear silo to blow up the whole continent. Though the Tenth bravely trudge through the roiling hellscape of phosphex and chemical clouds, their push is ultimately thrown back by an unyielding wall of terminators. The XIV hold their post doggedly, raise their middle-fingers to the sky and disappear in the mushroom cloud alongside the Iron Hands' hopes of a larger campaign effort.

1167283-.png
1167284-.png
1167285-.png
1167286-.png
1167287-.png
1167288-.png

Some cool looking armies @Sherrypie.

Love how matte those guys are @Loquille,  real stealthy.

I've got to say that having seen the bare resin, my opinion on the new SoH character has really changed. What a cool model! Reading reviews of the new campaign book make it sound pretty interesting too.

46 minutes ago, Xenith said:

Anyone have any idea on the inductii rules? They seem to have different legion specific bonuses, which sounds cool, might have tried to preorder if I'd known!

Apparently GW mandated very sparse coverage of Inductii. I know both goonhammer and sprews and brews covered the DA Inductii who can take volkite. World eater ones get ravening mad men, and BA get fear when they kill a unit.