30k Hobby Chat

31 minutes ago, lokkorex said:

AGRAMAR: Nice! Could we get a side pic so we can get a better look at the sword and underslung volkite, pretty please?

Also, is he for the Sons of Horus?

Thanks! Here you have!

I don't know to leave that sword or try another model or even another type of weapon. But this one for is fine.

And is a Praetor for my SoH army, of course.

20230620_222518.jpg

20230620_222532.jpg

20230620_222547.jpg

20230620_222505.jpg

4 minutes ago, Cruor Vault said:

I wrapped up my Javelins yesterday.  I’ve been really happy with them so far.  Cheap and with the Ultramarines legion trait, they hit much harder than their profile suggests. 

EC7E22E8-2A4B-4EBE-B119-BB69430BFAD7.jpeg

A72B1D18-142A-457D-AEA5-1D26387B8B1E.jpeg

These rule super hard in general, but those yellow rocket pods are just about the greatest thing I’ve seen this month.

1 hour ago, bushman101 said:

Blurry pic but I got 10 Despoilers done

received_923877015363799.jpeg

Looking good. 

Your timing is perfect - I'm also painting some MKVI Blood Angels with yellow accents and wondering how it would look on the backpack to give some pop.

I'm definitely trying it now. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

This is based on the "starter set Praetor", right? Never thought I would see a version of it that I actually liked - but you managed to do so. Well done!

Yeah, AoD Praetor with power sword. Swapped out the sword with sword from the Dark Angels Upgrades kit, as well as the head and the belt buckle. The shoulder pads were 3d printed.

Sky Hunters will be back in stock in the U.S. as soon as those of us who clicked on the e-mail list get a crack at them.

Speaking of which, anyone have any suggestions regarding scimitar jetbike characters and command squads? I'm debating whether to use mine as basic squads or to try and build a command squad and praetor, and I'd welcome suggestions as to what can be done with the kit.