30k Hobby Chat

Finally the Terror Heads Arrived! They look great!

large.terrorHeads001.jpg.b0f679dbe422cb3c6aa79d1f7f7373c6.jpg

Ordered them the 13 of November, shipped 30 of November and arrived 15 of January. A month and a half to get to my country is actually good. Well, now I will start with the army proper. The plan is to use the heads with characters and sergeants.

In December I started designing my own decals but didn't finish, no excuses now, will post here when they become presentable.

Finally,I put together the pieces of this Vindicator. 3-4years ago, I got some pieces of a W40K Mars pattern Vindicator , and I decided to make one for my SoH army, but I forgot it for a long time. Finally, this week I found again the pieces and a Deimos Rhino. The sets aren't really compatible between, and was necessary to cut and so, but with some spare pieces, green stuff and lot of glue, is ready to paint.

Very satisfied with this model

20240208_175708.jpg

20240208_175726.jpg

20240208_175736.jpg

20240208_175752.jpg

20240208_175807.jpg

21 hours ago, Mana said:

Finally the Terror Heads Arrived! They look great!

large.terrorHeads001.jpg.b0f679dbe422cb3c6aa79d1f7f7373c6.jpg

Ordered them the 13 of November, shipped 30 of November and arrived 15 of January. A month and a half to get to my country is actually good. Well, now I will start with the army proper. The plan is to use the heads with characters and sergeants.

In December I started designing my own decals but didn't finish, no excuses now, will post here when they become presentable.

Where do you live, if can ask?

I'm from Argentina! Before Book depository was shut down I used to order various books (I like fantasy novels hahaha, Wheel of Time, Stormlight Archives, 40k etc), and sometimes they shipped from the UK (Like GW does for the sales of "the rest of the world" site). Most of the time they arrived a month later, so a month and a half from GW seems fine to me. The only thing was that they shipped without tracking, but everything arrived luckily fine. GW did take 3 weeks to ship the order, but maybe it was because I ordered in November, end of the year is complicated in retail.

Hombre! Doble alegria! Encontrar un argentino (Buena parte de la familia de mi madre es de allá) y que al final llegaran las piezas!:thumbsup:

Sometimes, getting some stuff, depending on your current location and specially if you ordered to UK, is really complicated nowadays.

6 hours ago, sarabando said:

man i really want to revist my Scars but im gonna hold out and wait for plastic mk2.  The real question is should i repaint all my dreads to match the new infantry when i get them? 

I like having a bit of difference between models for paint scheme in HH. I like the idea of various units and marines from different campaigns hastily regrouping with other armies during the outbreak of the heresy. I have some salamanders painted in the classic way, and others painted mostly black with some green to represent maybe some shattered legion oaths sworn.

11 hours ago, sarabando said:

man i really want to revist my Scars but im gonna hold out and wait for plastic mk2.  The real question is should i repaint all my dreads to match the new infantry when i get them? 

I hope they release those miniatures soon. I made an squad with the tank commanders bits, but I want a mk2 box  and a mk5 box.

Let's pray...

16 hours ago, arnesh88 said:

White scars infantry are coming along nicely. Close to home stretch for them, then the bikes need to be finished

IMG_2664.jpeg

IMG_2665.jpeg

IMG_2667.jpeg

IMG_2666.jpeg

IMG_2668.jpeg

IMG_2669.jpeg

Nice painting. A very clear white, indeed.

I see you have use Sky Hunters' chainswords. Aren't they very thin? I compared them with the models coming in the Assault squad box, and looks like toy weapons...

43 minutes ago, Agramar_The_Luna_Wolf said:

Nice painting. A very clear white, indeed.

I see you have use Sky Hunters' chainswords. Aren't they very thin? I compared them with the models coming in the Assault squad box, and looks like toy weapons...

They’re thinner, for sure. It doesn’t bother me. I just really wanted an inductii squad to have some legion-specific unit that I can slap together, and it feels right to have older armour with slapped together equipment, and I had enough bits to do it. After Adepticon, I definitely plan on getting a bit more, like Ebon Keshig and maybe their kyzagan.

9 hours ago, arnesh88 said:

They’re thinner, for sure. It doesn’t bother me. I just really wanted an inductii squad to have some legion-specific unit that I can slap together, and it feels right to have older armour with slapped together equipment, and I had enough bits to do it. After Adepticon, I definitely plan on getting a bit more, like Ebon Keshig and maybe their kyzagan.

If I was doing scars I’d get some of these:

IMG_3369.png

On 2/8/2024 at 6:06 PM, Agramar_The_Luna_Wolf said:

Finally,I put together the pieces of this Vindicator. 3-4years ago, I got some pieces of a W40K Mars pattern Vindicator , and I decided to make one for my SoH army, but I forgot it for a long time. Finally, this week I found again the pieces and a Deimos Rhino. The sets aren't really compatible between, and was necessary to cut and so, but with some spare pieces, green stuff and lot of glue, is ready to paint.

Very satisfied with this model

20240208_175708.jpg

20240208_175726.jpg

20240208_175736.jpg

20240208_175752.jpg

20240208_175807.jpg

That looks awesome, really nice work - I like the rear mounted cupola! 

5 hours ago, Xenith said:

That looks awesome, really nice work - I like the rear mounted cupola! 

Thanks! I made it with some spares from Land Raider Proteus. Usually ,in that area, are two big fans to take out the smoke when the Demolisher shots, but I didn't have the piece. And don't like the ventilation grill, so I put an extra cupola. I don't know if leave it like that, close it or change the commander for a havoc launcher... or just make it interchangeable.

On 2/13/2024 at 5:14 PM, arnesh88 said:

I like having a bit of difference between models for paint scheme in HH. I like the idea of various units and marines from different campaigns hastily regrouping with other armies during the outbreak of the heresy. I have some salamanders painted in the classic way, and others painted mostly black with some green to represent maybe some shattered legion oaths sworn.

oh yeah i love giving my line infantry individuality with different schemes and awards etc. What i meant was should i strip my old scars army and repaint them when i start the new one :D