30k Hobby Chat

8 hours ago, Aspecti said:

Here's my wip command squad standard bearer. Not sure about the boarding shield:confused:

standardWIP.jpg

I think the shield if fine, but the posing of it is what is throwing it off.  Can you put the shield on the ground and have his hand resting on the top of it?  That would match better with the static pose the other arm and legs are presenting.

2 hours ago, Loquille said:
Konrad Curze. The Night Haunter, and one very misunderstood boy.

Curze2_0d.thumb.jpg.9a96ba156df68d21eaf837d629aa022e.jpg

Curze2_0f.thumb.jpg.b17698ee111b9e3be439e1af263aa5a9.jpg

Nice work!

It's only just dawned on me how similar Curze and Corax are. Just been reading Deliverance Lost and Corax is wrestling with exactly this - if he and Curze had been born on each other's worlds and had the opposite upbringing, would their paths have been the same? Gav Thorpe isn't the best writer ever but that's a nice bit of character development.

On 2/23/2024 at 8:08 PM, Aspecti said:

Here's my wip command squad standard bearer. Not sure about the boarding shield:confused:

standardWIP.jpg

I can't find plain plastic banners anymore...sniff sniff.

It's fine, but maybe try a combat shield instead, if you are not convinced. Or even better, make them exchangeable.

This weekend I've been trying to box off all my part painted heresy stuff before I start anything else!

Finished my lightning claw Centurion and vintage Calth era contemptor.

Next up is finishing my Fulmentarus now they've been nerfed and I'm not ashamed to use them anymore!:facepalm::biggrin:IMG_20240224_202417001.thumb.jpg.3bcb221482d82e2fc27b54fcfb6d52ab.jpg

3 hours ago, AdamR said:

This weekend I've been trying to box off all my part painted heresy stuff before I start anything else!

Finished my lightning claw Centurion and vintage Calth era contemptor.

Next up is finishing my Fulmentarus now they've been nerfed and I'm not ashamed to use them anymore!:facepalm::biggrin:IMG_20240224_202417001.thumb.jpg.3bcb221482d82e2fc27b54fcfb6d52ab.jpg

I don’t normally give a “love” to Ultramarines but this guy is great and the Fulmentarius sentiment even better.

I have been kit-bashing between the old and new kits as a way of using up my spares. Except like a fool I was missing half a mk iv heavy bolter so it’s an expensive trip to the bits store, when I thought I was being frugal.IMG_3760.thumb.jpeg.041f9acc4022663a79414663bd5aa79e.jpeg

I’ve now pretty much decided I will play my World Eaters “wrong”: heavy bolter squad, recon squad, tactical squad - not a chain-axe in sight yet …

Edited by LameBeard

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I have a question. 

Has Forgeworld discontinued the Space Wolves upgrade sets?  Specifically the one with the axes and shields?  I can’t find them on the website.

1 hour ago, 40kFSU said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I have a question. 

Has Forgeworld discontinued the Space Wolves upgrade sets?  Specifically the one with the axes and shields?  I can’t find them on the website.

Depends where you are - the new website is bad and different things are just missing from different regions webstores. I can't see them on the Australian webstore but they might be on the UK one.

Best thing to do is email customer care and ask.

5 hours ago, LameBeard said:

I don’t normally give a “love” to Ultramarines but this guy is great and the Fulmentarius sentiment even better.

I have been kit-bashing between the old and new kits as a way of using up my spares. Except like a fool I was missing half a mk iv heavy bolter so it’s an expensive trip to the bits store, when I thought I was being frugal.IMG_3760.thumb.jpeg.041f9acc4022663a79414663bd5aa79e.jpeg

I’ve now pretty much decided I will play my World Eaters “wrong”: heavy bolter squad, recon squad, tactical squad - not a chain-axe in sight yet …

Are they new mk VI with old mk III heads?

Mk IV arms or mk VI?

Found time to bosh out this chap too, a delagatus made from the old Calth mk IV chaplain with a couple of weapon swaps.

IMG_20240225_225317092.thumb.jpg.8c17a86c8b8460bbb7702d5f3a7a9e94.jpg

Fulmentarus finally finished. I'm gonna try them in at least one game!

IMG_20240225_225059250.thumb.jpg.7d6974ba884b53c23a9ee2ecc3dbf430.jpg

22 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Are they new mk VI with old mk III heads?

Mk IV arms or mk VI?

I decided for this squad it would be ok to mix armour marks, so it’s:

New mk vi with old mk iv heads, arms and weapons

New mk iii with old mk iii heads, arms and weapons

It’s funny, I never liked the old mark iii heads much and tended to avoid them - until the new ones came and I found I sort of missed the old ones!

On 2/24/2024 at 6:56 AM, Cruor Vault said:

I think the shield if fine, but the posing of it is what is throwing it off.  Can you put the shield on the ground and have his hand resting on the top of it?  That would match better with the static pose the other arm and legs are presenting.

So something like... this. 

I do think he looks better like this, so thanks for the comment. Damn shield cracked while removing the hand sculpted behind it, but luckily I have spares :)

standardWIP2.jpg

standardWIP3.jpg

@Agramar_The_Luna_Wolf the banner is from the old 40k company command box, I was lucky to have an unopened box hidden in my pile of shame

Edited by Aspecti
typo

6 hours ago, Aspecti said:

So something like... this. 

I do think he looks better like this, so thanks for the comment. Damn shield cracked while removing the hand sculpted behind it, but luckily I have spares :)

standardWIP2.jpg

standardWIP3.jpg

@Agramar_The_Luna_Wolf the banner is from the old 40k company command box, I was lucky to have an unopened box hidden in my pile of shame

Ah, you lucky guy...

More wip stuff, mk3 heavy support squad sergeant in artificer armor with volkite culverin. Rest of the squad not pictured.

It took a little bit of cutting and carving to get the volkite culverins to fit the old plastic BoP mk3 arms and I still need to greenstuff the wrists on all the 10 squad members, but all in all I think they look great. 

hss_volkite.jpg

2 hours ago, arnesh88 said:

Bikes 95% done before Adepticon. Aiming for slightly better than tabletop ready, because I still have some other steps on them and the infantry, and 4 tanks to paint. Will revisit more at a later date.

IMG_2791.jpeg

IMG_2792.jpeg

IMG_2793.jpeg

IMG_2794.jpeg

Awesome. I want lots of these. Would be so cool if they were part of the proper 40K codex too.

I continued this afternoon the miniature recycling process, trying to fill gaps in my army at the same time I give use to several pieces and half assembled miniature. Behold, a Techmarine!

Not my best conversion, not my worst either (I hope...)

20240303_001504.thumb.jpg.d8a2b147197844a7c7cb51e772346cc3.jpg

20240303_001520.jpg

20240303_001539.jpg

I printed a Mastodon back in October and it’s been sitting in a pile on my dining room table ever since.   I finally got up the enthusiasm to put it together last night.   Opted not to leave the interior accessible since the printed resin is a bit more finicky than cast resin.   

now I just need to find room in my display cabinet lol.  

IMG_7273.jpeg

IMG_7272.jpeg

IMG_7274.jpeg