30k Hobby Chat

I got a message from my friend who did a big order with that the order has FINALLY started moving. It's now in the EU, so should be here within the next month.

Which is nice, because it had about 40 Mark II marines and a bunch of Dark Angels upgrade parts in it :laugh.:

Update: It's now in New York. Which means it'll be here this week

I have some Deimos and some mars pattern, not a big fan of the resin deimos.

For the mars pattern, I did some quick cutting and drilling on some extra phobos pattern boltguns. I then glued them to the mount with the side pins to get a twin linked boltgun.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Speaking of Rhinos...anyone have suggestions for bits/3rd party for converting a standard Rhino into a Damocles? It’s mainly the radar dish. I have some Rhino/Razorbacks I don’t use often that’d I’d like to put to use without having to blow a ton of cash.

Speaking of Rhinos...anyone have suggestions for bits/3rd party for converting a standard Rhino into a Damocles? It’s mainly the radar dish. I have some Rhino/Razorbacks I don’t use often that’d I’d like to put to use without having to blow a ton of cash.

Look at Kromlech. They got you covered with everything to convert Rhinos.

I think I'll go for a third deimos chassis and then two further mars chassis, splitting it 50/50. I DO really love the look of the deimos tank but man were the annoying to build

Are they that bad? I was thinking of getting a bunch for my Dark Angels.

Was going to get the Deimos Predators for the normal Autocannon versions, and using the Mars one for the Annihilator (in 40k). Was also thinking of the Deimos Vindicator and Deimos Rhinos....

They aren't really the worst, at least the ones I've done. They're not the best though, and did take a bit of work. The worst part about the kit is that the entire outside plate, including half of the track wheels, is resin while attempting to mate with the inside half, which is plastic.

The Deimos chassis, especially the Rhino, would definitely be on the list of 'really, really nice to have' update to plastic, along with a MK IV assault squad.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

I think I'll go for a third deimos chassis and then two further mars chassis, splitting it 50/50. I DO really love the look of the deimos tank but man were the annoying to build

Are they that bad? I was thinking of getting a bunch for my Dark Angels.

Was going to get the Deimos Predators for the normal Autocannon versions, and using the Mars one for the Annihilator (in 40k). Was also thinking of the Deimos Vindicator and Deimos Rhinos....

One made me buy the Kromlech bits for at least 3 Tanks.

I will use this

https://bitsofwar.com/home/838-legionary-assault-tank-bundle.html

bought different turrets for the different weapons.

with this Dozer Blades 

https://bitsofwar.com/home/909-legionary-assault-tank-dozer-blade-v-blade.html

I intend to not glue the Turret base, so i can switch to Rhinos when needed.

I bought Whirlwinds for the Tanks, so i can build a Whirlwind Artillery Squadron.

@ Indefragable

For the Damocles i used the Deimos as a base and it got this on top:

https://bitsofwar.com/home/1010-legionary-apc-command-vehicle-upgrade.html

https://bitsofwar.com/home/669-radar-dish.html

The dish doesnt fit the hole in the command upgrade but was easily fixed with a washer and a trio of magnets.

I still need to look how the Kromlech bits will work with the Vindicator Kit as want to have the same look at all my Rhino based tanks.

I got a message from my friend who did a big order with that the order has FINALLY started moving. It's now in the EU, so should be here within the next month.

Which is nice, because it had about 40 Mark II marines and a bunch of Dark Angels upgrade parts in it :laugh.:

Update: It's now in New York. Which means it'll be here this week

IT'S HERE!

vJsbe7J.jpg

The Caestus though... This is gonna be fun to fix

T8jHvSN.jpg

Just finished my Death Guard Arquitor Bombard! Took much longer than expected due to the damn heat wave we've been experiencing in Germany! 

50237601943_6e723c93bc_k.jpgArquitorHD8 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/185990286@N07/]/url], on Flickr

Full gallery of pics in the WIP forum if you like. 

So, lore question lads:

Was it ONLY Raven Guard and Alpha Legion who had Mark VI armour, or did every legion get a small amount? Asking because I was thinking of getting some of the Mor Deythan for a Legion Recon Squad for my Dark Angels. Because I love how they look.

So, lore question lads:

Was it ONLY Raven Guard and Alpha Legion who had Mark VI armour, or did every legion get a small amount? Asking because I was thinking of getting some of the Mor Deythan for a Legion Recon Squad for my Dark Angels. Because I love how they look.

The White Scars had some early production/test suits too as of the Chondax campaign.

When it comes to the DA, I can see their more limited relations with the Mechanicum working against them, but I can also see them leveraging influence to get some trial suits, but not on the scale of the RG or WS did. I'd say go for it. Your Dudes and all that.

Edited by Darkwrath121

I mean that kind of info is why the black books are cool.

I painted my first word bearer today, gave me a Fun excuse to play some more with the scale75 red set. Also dorns base is now almost done. Just washes left to do but I want to go to sleep now.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

It seems that Raven and Alpha were just PRIMARY users of MK6 in battle from what I've read. I would imagine you could extend availability to anyone who also had prototype gear. So maybe a couple squads in fists and same with BA but definitely SoH since they're likely to have had resources routed to them first.

Mind you, I personally have some in my own army but since Blood Angels are usually against sneaky tactics. But I have them running as normal assault marines to highlight the fact that they existed but were not utilized properly, unlike the Ravens using them properly.

Edited by Spagunk