Well, Stimms is almost certainly near wetting himself right now. You really managed to give me the chills there Mazer.

It's an appropriate ending for the scumbag he is. He gets his freedom, but at the cost of knowing that something or somone that he doesn't know and can't decieve is coming to probably take it away again, and probably do something worse. 

I mean seriously, did he have a run in with a Callidus assassin or something?

Nicely done MR, it was nice to pick this up and get a happy-ish ending for Scarlett, she'll be happy to give over the world and see it get pounded into the dirt.

Well, Stimms is almost certainly near wetting himself right now. You really managed to give me the chills there Mazer.

It's an appropriate ending for the scumbag he is. He gets his freedom, but at the cost of knowing that something or somone that he doesn't know and can't decieve is coming to probably take it away again, and probably do something worse. 

Thank you both for your kind comments, I'm glad I could deliver an engaging experience.  Sometimes it's difficult to find the right balance of what the players can do and what they expect and what the adventure needs, so as long as either of you had good moments, that's good enough for me.

Thanks as well for posting and playing to great characters and themes, it has really given me my GM confidence back, and I couldn't have asked for better cast members :smile.:

@Steel - it's not that happy an ending...Halbast could have asked you to marry him :biggrin.:

@Beren - I didn't want to do anything too obvious - I think it worked better with show don't tell/less is more?  You obviously saw something dangerously different...so I'll leave you to decide... :wink:

Shoutout to Mol for putting it altogether, his permission to run it, and the great job of getting it all rolling and giving me some insight to pick up.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Nicely done MR, it was nice to pick this up and get a happy-ish ending for Scarlett, she'll be happy to give over the world and see it get pounded into the dirt.

Thank you both for your kind comments, I'm glad I could deliver an engaging experience.  Sometimes it's difficult to find the right balance of what the players can do and what they expect and what the adventure needs, so as long as either of you had good moments, that's good enough for me.

Thanks as well for posting and playing to great characters and themes, it has really given me my GM confidence back, and I couldn't have asked for better cast members :smile.:

@Steel - it's not that happy an ending...Halbast could have asked you to marry him :biggrin.:

@Beren - I didn't want to do anything too obvious - I think it worked better with show don't tell/less is more?  You obviously saw something dangerously different...so I'll leave you to decide... :wink:

Henstly, thanks for the experience.

Show not tell was definately what made it work, it doesn't really matter what it was, only that they beat Stimms at his own game and he didn't even realise it untl they let him.

Heh, I was going to save that for the epilog and his collection of knuckle sandwich before she considers it.

I'm having a moment - a glimpse into your future...

Name: Katherine

Nickname: Scarlett

Crime: Assaulting a Naval Officer

Psychological Profile: Habitual Aberrant

Sentence: Penal Legion Service in the 113th Explosive Reconnaissance Corps.

Henstly, thanks for the experience.

Show not tell was definately what made it work, it doesn't really matter what it was, only that they beat Stimms at his own game and he didn't even realise it untl they let him.

Magic.  You're most welcome, any time. :thumbsup: