Thank you!

Here are the other armigers i've been working on, including the wip photos.

FsSIjISaAAIlg49?format=jpg&name=large

I've really really really wanted to make this tri-barrelled melta gun for a while. the dual one is pretty cool, but it feels slightly flat. The thermal spear already has some neat triangular profiles going on from certain angles, so I thought that this would balance it out nicely.

FtbmIHzakAAPkWK?format=jpg&name=large

image.thumb.jpeg.3e52fb1fd62f7c394fcffbda42f10de5.jpeg

I used the claw things from the charadonite ogryns. I wanted it to look like a spear, so I filled in the end with greenstuff. Since my partner has a bunch of chaos knight stuff, i got to use some of the spare chainsaw things for my conversions, which was super nice. I like to think that the pneumatic stuff just opens up a bit after the spear has initially gone in, preventing vehicles and other mechs from just pulling away.

Painting was kind of slow, but it's been very nice

image.thumb.jpeg.4f5282a23278f926b717fccf8458a7a4.jpeg

And the finished armiger

image.thumb.jpeg.105a1a62ec5c5488d9f0c4394e9e97b2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ac4d65731fbf096bcd81c912ae57724b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b0eaac05b46c4785e0c5bf082ef0b7a0.jpeg

The head is from Taro Modelmaker. I kinda love it for this model. I also used the waist extender, which I'm not super sold on in all circumstances (I love the really bent over gait of the standard armigers) but i think it works really well for this model. Using streaking grime and ak mud effects is really really fun. I have a bit of a problem where it does give things a bit of a yellow tinge (not as much as the white-balance on my camera, but still) and so I have to be really careful to preserve the blue colours of the model, including the fact that the white is all highlighted up from fenrisian grey.

It's a bit the result of the camera white balance (and upping the contrast, saturation a bit), but it is funny just how clean and bright it all looks before the streaking grime goes on

F0Vzh0haEAIn_Vd?format=jpg&name=large

I also made these nice shoulderpad conversions, which I think work well for this model. I like the big shoulderpads on the rest of the armigers, I think it gives them a nice profile, but, like with my other large knight, it's nice to mix it up a lot.

uCGX0Ou.jpg

Finally, here's also another one. I've actually now also done the streaking grime for this one, but I'm still trying to get my hands on a certain type of plastic (like, just clear plastic that you'd use for cover sheets to booklets) so I can pour the resin for the fountain feature. My partner has a 3d printer, so we actually worked on making that little fountain together so it would fit perfectly on the base, and we also have another piece that will help hold the plastic in place as I make the dam.

F1o65HNagAAbAoZ?format=jpg&name=large

F1o65g4aEAEW3p7?format=jpg&name=large

F1o66mpaYAECepY?format=jpg&name=large

The volkite arm can move between the two positions. I've got some magnets holding it in each position, altho at this stage it's not so clear if it's the magnets or just the friction.

Finally, i've been working on one last helverin to round my armigers out to 6 (although looking at points amounts, I reckon that I'd go 2 knights 7 armigers for a 2k list) (altho i have pre-ordered a cerastus lancer, and going 3 knights, 3 armigers also sounds neat). I've painted it a lot more since this photo, and it's actually nearly done if i can figure out how i wanna paint all the freehand on the main carapace, but this is a nice photo of all of them.

Fz_uUe_aMAAAcWL?format=jpg&name=large

Also, it's probably going to take me a couple months to put together (i do want to see what parts Taro makes for it) but god damn the cerastus lancer is one of the most well designed kits i've ever seen.

i'm kind of in awe just looking at the sprue

still gotta figure out what sort of pose i want to do for it. I'm thinking charging with the shield up in front, sort of like this pose. but i'll have to play around with the kit and dry fit things a lot before i get to it.

It's also cool bc my partner also picked up a lancer for her chaos knights, so it'll be fun to work on them together.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I've finally finished my 6 armigers. I'd previously planned out a 2k list that used 7 armigers, but the 10 points increase that just came out means that the 7th no longer fits, unfortunately. I might still make some more, because i like making them so much.

I'm going to take some better photos using the ring light later, but for now i'm pretty happy with these ones.

20230906_164644.thumb.jpg.1f65ed32f594d63bccef9cd8852e7bf8.jpg

20230906_164742.thumb.jpg.1a2c392818f5034e72caf26f5266220a.jpg

20230906_164756.thumb.jpg.368740805e79cccef234b7d4eec9e337.jpg

The resin pour went pretty well, but despite getting to play around with my partner's dremel i couldnt manage to polish it clean.

But yeah, I feel like i have a pretty cool force of armigers now

20230909_103625.thumb.jpg.69c96dfb34962b6f94f8d8bc48561ba3.jpg

20230909_103807.thumb.jpg.ce0b429ea8e50e9ad4399f5cf6163b23.jpg

Also, yeah this cerastus is bloody huge. I am once again somewhat stuck with not being able to get my hands on some basing material. Unfortunately, the store that used to sell the 2mm thick mdf is currently out of business, and i can't quite find anywhere selling the same hex pattern that i used for some of the other tiling.

I'm still also waiting to see if taro or another maker makes some new shields, since i'm not incredibly sold on the base energy shield.

But anyway, this thing is the size of a barbie.

20230827_103812.thumb.jpg.90ffb2bfe6e6bad72971d646264871cc.jpg