An Ancient Evil Awakens

NTaW

I certainly wouldnt want szeres to be a combat monster, he seems ok for what he is. I just think most people would have appreciated an invulnerable save and a re-do on his primary gimmick. It wasnt that great before, and his new rule just makes it feel worse. Assuming his rules stay the same for 9th, I still feel like the "kill a unit in combat, get a free roll" is a terrible one. But ultimately I will wait until the codex for final judgement. I am totally ok with all his new changed, stat changes, staff changes, new anti-psyker rule, it's all good. But I would like his primary gimmick to stand out and be more useful.

That certainly would be more useful. My main issue with it is unless you are running MSU of immortals and worriors, by the time you make it to combat and kill a whole unit, you've most likely already upgraded all your units already. Making the new rule very unlikely.

Lots of leaks coming now.

Kanoptech Reanimator

M8" WS4+ BS4+ S5 T5 W6 A4 LD10 SV3+
Atomiser (he got those 2x) 12" Assault 3 S6 AP-2 D1
Melee S user AP-2 D1

living metal
in your command phase, select a friendly dynasty unit within 9" of this model, add 1 to reanimation protocoll rolls for that unit

last is necron warriors and scarabs, profiles havent changed, warriors only got that one new weapon that was allready leaked.

Destroyer lord & Overlord stuff:

he got a trachionarrow 120" assault 1 S12 Ap-5 D D6 one use only and
Hyperphase Scythe S+2 AP-3 D D3

Skorpekh Lord
M8" WS2+ BS2+ S6 T6 W6 A4 LD10 SV3+

Anihilator: 19" Assault 2d3 S6 Ap-1 D1 Explosive (the new auto hit mechanic vs hordes)
Claws: S user Ap-1 D1 can do 2 attack rolls instead of 1 for each attack
Scythe S+2 AP-4 D3 -1 to hit

living metal
friendly destructor cult units within 6" gain reroll 1 on wound rolls
4+ invul
he can reroll hit rolls of 1

Royal Warden:

Kingsguard:
M5" WS3+ BS3+ S5 T5 W4 A3 LD10 SV3+

Reqlic Gaus Blaster 24" Rapidfire2 S5 AP-2 D2

living metall
in the movement phase, can select a friendly dynasty unit within 9" that unit can fall back and still shoot & attack

Plasmancer:

Plasmamancer: (got cryptek keyword)
M5" WS3+ BS3+ S4 T4 W4 A1 LD10 SV4+

Plasmalance: 18" AssaultD3 S7 AP-3 D2
Plasmalance (melee) Suser AP-3 D2

living metal
at the end of the movement phase, can select a enemy unit within 18" and visible to him. on a 4+ it takes a MW

at the start of the close combat phase roll a d6 for every enemy unit in 6" on a 4+ it suffers a MW

Destroyers:

skorpekh destructors
M8" WS3+ BS3+ S5 T5 W3 A3 LD10 SV3+
Plasmacyte:
M8" WS4+ BS4+ S4 T5 W1 A1 LD10 SV4+
Their Twin CC weapons: Suser AP-3 D2 the user can make 1 additional attack with that weapon
Their big CC weapon S+2 AP-4 D3
Plasmacyte: Suser AP-1 D1

reanimation protocolls (see codex necrons)
weapon infusion. if a unit has a plasmacite it can roll a d6 at the start of the close combat phase. if a 1 is rolled, 1 destructor gets removed. in any case the whole unit gains +1S and +1A

they all can reroll hit rolls of 1

Edited by Marshal Loss

Skorpekhs and Warriors I imagine will be in all of my lists for the foreseeable future.  Even if they cost too much, I just love the look of them, and the rules for Skorpekhs look good.  I hope they have some kind of movement boosting rule or stratagem, though.  

Overall looks like Novokh Dynasty could actually work cohesively now, which I will enthusiastically put to the test 

Skorpekhs and Warriors I imagine will be in all of my lists for the foreseeable future. Even if they cost too much, I just love the look of them, and the rules for Skorpekhs look good. I hope they have some kind of movement boosting rule or stratagem, though.

Overall looks like Novokh Dynasty could actually work cohesively now, which I will enthusiastically put to the test

I see a destroyer cult in my future. =D

OOO Scarabs are unit size 3-6 now but if you roll a 6 to hit the attack auto-wounds. If there's still a 'rule of three' stipulation my friends will invariably keep with it so I don't need to make any more Scarab bases that's for sure.

I added up the alleged points values for the Indomitus box and it came out to barely shy of 1k points. I get the feeling my new army will be that box, a Monolith, maybe a couple of Doomstalkers, and then those glorious new Heavy Destroyers until I hit 2k.

Wait so the scorpeck lord gets -1 to hit with the big blade but he also rerolls 1 to hit not unmodified. So does that mean he rerolls on 1 and 2 with the big blade?

Right now it's re-rolls then modifiers, so re-roll the 1's then subtract 1 from dice.

That's my new go-to HQ right there.

Something else I’ve seen pointed out there’s nothing that says the cryptek +1 to reanimate can’t stack with the Canoptek Reanimators +1. So unless it’s going to be capped, as it has in the past, we can stack these buffs on a key unit.

MWBD no longer being locked to infantry is nice. Unfortunately as is he’s still an almost 100 point tax that stands around and passes out okay buffs.

Obligatory grumble that SM sergeant gets more attacks then our top HQ choice.

Just a thought, but the rule leak for our new necron units may not be the final. This may be some unfinished hybrid 8th ed/starter set. I say this because I thought gw previewed the "skittering advance rule for skorpek destroyers and the rule is not in the leaked profile with the other abilities. So whatever we get in indomintis might be missing a few things.

In fact, I'm willing to bet it still uses the current necron codex. So no new reanimation rules....yet.

Edited by Ahzek451

OOO Scarabs are unit size 3-6 now but if you roll a 6 to hit the attack auto-wounds. If there's still a 'rule of three' stipulation my friends will invariably keep with it so I don't need to make any more Scarab bases that's for sure.

I added up the alleged points values for the Indomitus box and it came out to barely shy of 1k points. I get the feeling my new army will be that box, a Monolith, maybe a couple of Doomstalkers, and then those glorious new Heavy Destroyers until I hit 2k.

That's my thinking :D

Classic cron force well updated :D

I like that the movement bonus has been removed from MWBD and just made into an aura. So an Overlord has value beyond one unit per turn.

I'm slightly peeved that the SM ancient has a +1 to hit aura but at least it only affects Bladeguard.

Skorpekhs and Warriors I imagine will be in all of my lists for the foreseeable future.  Even if they cost too much, I just love the look of them, and the rules for Skorpekhs look good.  I hope they have some kind of movement boosting rule or stratagem, though.  

:wub:  Did someone say NOVOKH :biggrin.:...

All that painting wasn't in vain :sweat:

Mithril

++EDIT++

So if you had 2 Skorpekh lords in a game and both were within 6" of each other you could potentialy get reroll's on 1's for hits & wounds...?...

Edited by mithrilforge

I have to say I am very disappointed by our new model rules.

These rules would be just Ok in the current setup but when comparing to what seems to be the new rules for astartes our units looks like joke.

The new destroyers sounds good but then you realize they are just 3 wounds, with nothing more than 3+ save.

A simple squad of intercessor troops takes them down 100% even with cover.

A good example to evaluate things is just try to make a mental game with what we know of the rules for each unit in indomitus box set

with what is in the box and no more.

Marines will win the game 100% of the time without any strategy.

They clearly outperform necrons in every aspect.

More firepower, more impact in melee, more durable if they can deny our reanimation by killing unit.

even charging them in melee is guaranteed death as you will strike after everyone else.

I am not even talking of the BS aura that allow you to shoot again when a model die.

Don't get me wrong I am also a space marine player and I have 2 armies.

But these new rules for them makes me feel dirty.

The biggest and most central fixes to the Necron dex are going to be changes to things like living metal, reanimation protocols, auras and abilities, not special rules our units get.

Changes to My Will Be Done seen in the Overlord datasheet leak hint at a shakeup. As do all the ways to get +1 reanimation. Why have so many overlapping sources of that? The Cryptothralls having living metal AND reanimation in their profile. There are hints of structural changes that we really needed, but sadly these leaks don't cover that aspect.

Our units don't need heaps of special rules or Uber profiles if they just keep getting up...

The problem is, whatever is the changes to reanimation protocol or the stratagems that we have available

I don't see games workshop allowing us having reanimation after the entire unit is destroyed that's is 100% sure

and that is the problem with our army rule. (It cannot be fixed).

If it stays the same, regardless of the bonus rolls our opponents will always be able to deny us using it entirely.

but if we get the after entire destruction reanimation rolls then it immediately becomes a broken rule.

So my only hope for this edition for crons was that our arsenal or stateline would be slightly better so that we can keep up turn after turn

instead of entirely relying on our reanimation for attrition.

It does not seem to be the case and our weapons and rules screams "Run forward and get in combat" when really our stateline and attack numbers

are screaming "Don't even think getting in combat".

Looking at the rules leaks, I'm not really over or underwhelmed. These units look useful and usable. I know there are a lot of grumbles about the lack of invul saves/damage mitigation, but keep in mind that RP has been reworked. In one of the hobby hangouts they did state that the usefulness of RP in 8th was pretty much zero, so the rule has been reworked entirely. If the new changes to RP actually make it useful, then I don't think the lack of stat line survivability is going to be an issue for us. There's supposed to be a big comparison article between SMs and Crons this Saturday, so fingers crossed the new RP rules will be previewed then ^_^ What I'm most excited to see are the new rules for the Monolith and hopefully a reworked resurrection orb. Those two things are classic to the Necron identity, so my shiny metal overlord butt is sitting on pins and needles waiting to see what we get!