Ctan

Monolith

I'd also speculate we'll be getting multi part kits for:

Warriors

Skorpekh Destroyers

Lokhust Heavy Destroyers

Canoptek big walker thing

Exciting times!

Don't forget the spider eyed dude peaking from behind the Monolith in the teaser picture.

He's so stealthy I forgot him!

Someone on facebook asked if the new locust destroyer replaces old destroyers or if it's a new unit. And GW said it was a new unit. Now..dunno how the rest of you feel but I don't think this means we get to keep the old destroyers like everyone seems to think based on this reply. I kinda feel it was answered in a cheeky way or misunderstood. Just have a hard time believing the old destroyers are sticking around with green rods. Could be wrong though. Edited by Ahzek451

Though GW did clarify during the Necron army picture reveal, that our current Destroyers were Locust. Not sure what happened there.

Also, anyone notice one of the Skorpheks rocking two Glaives? It heavily resembles the weapon held by the Overlord except they are attached to his hands)

Edited by Get Thokt

Someone on facebook asked if the new locust destroyer replaces old destroyers or if it's a new unit. And GW said it was a new unit. Now..dunno how the rest of you feel but I don't think this means we get to keep the old destroyers like everyone seems to think based on this reply. I kinda feel it was answered in a cheeky way or misunderstood. Just have a hard time believing the old destroyers are sticking around with green rods. Could be wrong though.

I think our current destroyers will all become 'Locust Destroyers' but I don't see this new on replacing the existing unless there are more models we haven't seen. The new weapons are different than the Gauss and Heavy Gauss Cannons which we know are going to stay weapon options because they exist on other platforms. GW isn't going to invalidate an old model with a different weapon by dropping a new model with a different weapon. At most it's going to be a long term obsolescence like mini Marines. Still supported but never to be updated.

Great news all of them!

If you arm new warriors with new gauss weapons then you get the spare flayer new rods to exchange for the old onesif you're up to that.

The new Locust destroyers do not replace old destroyers but are a new weapon version of them.

The reanimator gets a (possibly shorter range) doomsday cannon.

The thing is that nothing gets outdated and we get a wealth of new toys. Enjoy!

Perhaps someone could take a clearer screenshot, but here's more of what I'm calling proof that the walkers come from separate kits.

50005100272_5f8187e55f_z.jpg

At first glance I thought that the undercarriage and top of legs could just be alternate options and some posing could explain the height difference but on second look I think that the lowest leg segments are a fair bit larger on the Doomstalker. They also come on different scenic bases, and given those are typically terrain bits on-sprue I'm wondering how big of a kit it would have to be to fit both options together.

For comparison:

o5UrH0f4PcG8bS7h.jpg

Jj4o5C3oRL6i3Yce.jpg

EDIT: I updated my list of the upcoming releases, turquoise for what we've been shown individual pics of by GW:

1. Skorpekh Lord

2. Skorpekh Destroyers with Canoptek Plasmacyte

3. Overlord

4. Plasmancer with Cryptothralls

5. Royal Warden

6. Warriors with Scarabs (10:3, 20 Heads damaged and not, 10 of each weapon)

7. Canoptek Doomstalker 

8. Canoptek Reanimator

9. Szeras

10. Monolith

11. C'Tan

12. Silent King

13. Lokhust Heavy Destroyers (2 weapon options)

14. Sneaky bot behind the Monolith with orb and gun arm

15. Terrain piece with three phases: clad in rock, rock breaking off showing tech, fully tech

Edited by NTaW

@NTaW I think you are correct, the tall Canoptek walkers are 2 separate kits. The Reanimator is the snap fit/ETB out of the previewed boxset and the Doomstalker is built from the multipart kit.

I think they’ll both be built out of the multipart kit once it’s released though.

We already know the canoptek walkers are two separate kits...

There's the reanimator Indomitus one and the etb Doomstalker. the one in Indomitus is mixed with other models too.

As already stated there will invariably be a full kit at some point (or not?)

Also the only things we've not seen properly are the silent king, ctan, monolith and stealthy dude hiding behind the monolith in the big reveal.

I can only assume there's still a ton of multi part kits to come?

Edited by NTaW
Merged posts.

What I'm saying is that I don't think they will be two options from the same box later on but that there will be two kits regardless of snap-fit. One with a taller larger base walker that's more weaponized and one with a shorter smaller base walker that's more a support unit.

I may very likely be wrong but I'll keep my tinfoil hat on until we know for sure, hoping that we don't just get a walker version of the Ark kit without the transport capacity.

What I'm saying is that I don't think they will be two options from the same box later on but that there will be two kits regardless of snap-fit. One with a taller larger base walker that's more weaponized and one with a shorter smaller base walker that's more a support unit.

I may very likely be wrong but I'll keep my tinfoil hat on until we know for sure, hoping that we don't just get a walker version of the Ark kit without the transport capacity.

The Canoptek walkers are the same size...

They are not the same size.

The biggest clue shows us they will be the seperate models is how the legs are connected.

The Canoptek Reanimater legs are connected as an X-axis, where as the Canoptek Doomstalker has a dog-like frame.

The bases are most likely different sizes.

Also, the wires that run under each leg have a different curvature.

Edited by Get Thokt

So with all the spare heads and weapons from the new Warriors, I could potentially upgrade a box or two of old Warriors......

I am severely tempted to get some extra Warriors and jump in with a Severed dynasty for 9th.

Just to mention, there is a slight difference with the new Warrior models. They no longer hold their weapon under the barrel, there is a handle attached to the inner side. Meaning that you'll need to use the new left arm parts to equip the new weapons.

They are not the same size.

The biggest clue shows us they will be the seperate models is how the legs are connected.

The Canoptek Reanimater legs are connected as an X-axis, where as the Canoptek Doomstalker has a dog-like frame.

The bases are most likely different sizes.

Also, the wires that run under each leg have a different curvature.

Apologies I think I'm wrong :)

Different curvature I don't think explains it. However, base size and the leg segments will. There's also differences in the carapace too

I'd love to know how much stuff is coming?!

Perhaps someone could take a clearer screenshot, but here's more of what I'm calling proof that the walkers come from separate kits.

50005100272_5f8187e55f_z.jpg

At first glance I thought that the undercarriage and top of legs could just be alternate options and some posing could explain the height difference but on second look I think that the lowest leg segments are a fair bit larger on the Doomstalker. They also come on different scenic bases, and given those are typically terrain bits on-sprue I'm wondering how big of a kit it would have to be to fit both options together.

For comparison:

o5UrH0f4PcG8bS7h.jpg

Jj4o5C3oRL6i3Yce.jpg

EDIT: I updated my list of the upcoming releases, turquoise for what we've been shown individual pics of by GW:

1. Skorpekh Lord

2. Skorpekh Destroyers with Canoptek Plasmacyte

3. Overlord

4. Plasmancer with Cryptothralls

5. Royal Warden

6. Warriors with Scarabs (10:3, 20 Heads damaged and not, 10 of each weapon)

7. Canoptek Doomstalker 

8. Canoptek Reanimator

9. Szeras

10. Monolith

11. C'Tan

12. Silent King

13. Lokhust Heavy Destroyers (2 weapon options)

14. Sneaky bot behind the Monolith with orb and gun arm

15. Terrain piece with three phases: clad in rock, rock breaking off showing tech, fully tech

It's possible it's still the same kit (eventually) but you're right there is a fair bit of difference. Not only is the pelvis different, and the cables, but the bit connecting the toes to the leg is segmented on one, but not the other. So it could be one kit with the cables only attached to that one bit, then two pelvic bits and two carapaces up top. The base bits I'm guessing will be just from the ETB kit and the launch box, if there is a multipart kit down the road I expect it won't have any scenic basing or just a few random bits.

But the Chaos stuff released with Shadowspear still has some stuff only available in monopose kits so we could be facing the same thing. We might never see multipart kits or might not see them for years down the line. I hope that's not the case, though.

There is no way they can be together as a duel kit. Looking closely there are zero matching bits. Even the shoulder plates are slightly different. If it was a duel kit, there would at least be a few of the same parts. But even though they resemble each other a lot, none of the bits match at all.

Which ones? The picture you posted was positioned perfectly to scroll quickly back and forth between the two making it super easy to pick out all the subtle differences. I can see where some see the legs the same but look closely. The cables are the biggest clue, but upon further inspection, the upper section of the legs are different sizes, one has a piston, the middle leg sections have a bar across the middle. The lower legs are different sizes and have different cable connection points that would not translate the same back and forth. The body cores have a ton of differences despite having the same glowing orb. Even they look different. None of the bits are the same. Edited by Ahzek451

The legs could easily be the same. The phalanges are the same, the tarsals are the same. The metatarsal is not, and the cables could easily be attached only to the metatarsal. The pistons could also easily be separate pieces from the pelvis and tarsals (and GW seems to like having pistons be separate for some reason). The top carapace also could be the same. It might not be, but it's hard to say it's definitely different from the pictures they've shown. As I said before, I won't be surprised either way.

So we can all agree that this guy (The Reanimator...or mobile res orb) is a push fit Walker right?...

o5UrH0f4PcG8bS7h.jpg

So the other "Larger" one is hopefully the Multi part Kit that can make more than one type of walker...of this we hope :ermm: 
 and no matter if peeps buy the boxset they will more than likely want to get the New kit that will possibly give more options and especially that Huge weapon on top :wub:

Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

The legs could easily be the same. The phalanges are the same, the tarsals are the same. The metatarsal is not, and the cables could easily be attached only to the metatarsal. The pistons could also easily be separate pieces from the pelvis and tarsals (and GW seems to like having pistons be separate for some reason). The top carapace also could be the same. It might not be, but it's hard to say it's definitely different from the pictures they've shown. As I said before, I won't be surprised either way.

I won't say anymore after this, but I cannot agree they share that much. The metatarsals share ever so slightly different lengths and thickness. And the piston is very much fused as a single bit instead of being glued on. I can tell the difference between that and really good green stuff application. The connection point on the claws for the wire are more elongated on the gun walker and in general bigger and longer. But you could tear apart the legs all day. The clear defining tell tail sign is the main body. Not even the armor on the carapace is the same. They look close at first, but just look at the distance between the ridge on the top to the edge of the lip across from it. There is a clear difference in length. Not to mention that after that, none, of the core bits and armor are the same at all.  And even if there was a chance that one part of the leg was the same, GW is not going to make a duel kit based around 1-2 small parts on a model. The bases are clearly different sizes as well. There are just too many differences to warrant being part of the same kit. 

IMHO the repair bot that we see is a new push fit, and the gunner bot is a new separate bigger model. I might go further to say the repair bot is push fit like the initial bloat drone for death guard(that featured in dark imperium) and will later down the line receive it's own kit. 

Edited by Ahzek451

Speaking of the repair bot....

Today’s Warhammer article focuses on the Canoptek Reanimator.

[link]https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/15/indomitus-focus-the-canoptek-reanimatorgw-homepage-post-3/[/link]

To wit, it apparently gives +1 to all RP rolls to a SINGLE friendly Necron unit within 9” at the start of the command phase, til the next command phase, unless and until the next command phase begins or the unit moves out of 9” range.

Wishlisting: we get to roll RP at the end of every phase, making it more important to stay within 9”

Realistically: you get plus 1 to your roll, and if you want it next turn the reanimator has to follow your unit around.

Apparently it also has guns, which the article doesn’t elaborate on, and “ It’s capable of skewering any unfortunate Space Marines that mistake your support units for a vulnerable spot in your line” which to me means it probably has two or three S6 AP-2 D3 damage attacks, though hopefully at a decent weapon skill.

Very barebones article. Normally I don’t get too frustrated with GW’s drip feed but this is less of a drip and more of a very slow leaky faucet.