BA and 9th Ed

That, and it would make them quite literally into Reivers Litetm. I am pretty confident that they'll be troops choices. As a friend pointed out to me, it'd be kinda nonsensical for GW to release a starter box without troops.

I feel like BA have enough elite slots and they’d want to incentivize sales by not forcing them into a field of crowded choices.

They don’t care about BA I’m that sense; only what makes most sense for UM.

As a friend pointed out to me, it'd be kinda nonsensical for GW to release a starter box without troops.

I think this is the strongest predictor that they're troops rather then anything else so far, and it has me excited.

The way they say they want things to feel in game the way they do in images gives me hope that the chainsword may get elevated above a combat blade. They specifically mentioned how you imagine a chainsword tearing things to shreds and their cinematic shows it ripping through armour so I would love to see a stat boost on them.

Sounds like this is happening :) Eager to see what the boost is to Astartes chainswords. Maybe just -1 or -2 AP?

My initial thought would be that Astartes Chainswords get +1 to wound against infantry, useful against flesh but not armour, as they should be.

Kind of gives everyone the BA chapter tactic for free, but at least our base chainsaw dudes are wounding other meq on a 2+. Might make assault marines relevant.

Yeh it’s looking like +/-1 cap on modifiers. Assault intessesors can become DC going by the question in the twitch stream.

Which question?

Also.....AP on the chainswords....omg.....

Looking at how chainaxes are statted right now, I'd imagine marine chainswords will simply get -1 AP and keep their attack bonus. I'd be pretty content with that, how about you guys?

Its literally all I'd want.  

That being said though, BA will be hella owie with this.  

Mort, I have a feeling we are going to be in a really good place in 9th. Tau and Eldar have reigned supreme for far too long - so have parking lots of vanilla SM. I think our tactical play style is finally going to be rewarded and reinforced.

I agree with the first part of that.  Not sure what Eldar was reigning supreme though- I thought they had been in a horrid spot ever since marines 2.0 hit.   Tau also seemed to be a mono-build.  

That being said, what you pointed out will likely hold true- our tactical play style seems to be looking more viable

Hmmm, will 'modifiers cap at +1/-1' means that '+2 to charge range' litany will become irrelevant for us?

EDIT: from Q&A, question 33:

Q:Are Astartes Intercessor chainswords better than other chainswords?

A: All Astartes chainswords are better than regular chainswords. They're bigger. HAS MORE AP athan a Guardsman being flung around. DIFFERENT STALINE

Edited by Majkhel

Hmmm, will 'modifiers cap at +1/-1' means that '+2 to charge range' litany will become irrelevant for us?

EDIT: from Q&A, question 33:

Q:Are Astartes Intercessor chainswords better than other chainswords?

A: All Astartes chainswords are better than regular chainswords. They're bigger. HAS MORE AP athan a Guardsman being flung around. DIFFERENT STALINE

I *think* the +/- 1 is more specifically on to-hit modifiers and possibly to-wound modifiers, if its on other things, then lots of rules will need to change.

Yeh it’s looking like +/-1 cap on modifiers. Assault intessesors can become DC going by the question in the twitch stream.

Which question?

Also.....AP on the chainswords....omg.....

Looking at how chainaxes are statted right now, I'd imagine marine chainswords will simply get -1 AP and keep their attack bonus. I'd be pretty content with that, how about you guys?

Its literally all I'd want.

That being said though, BA will be hella owie with this.

Someone asked if assault intessesors could be DC and they replied “wouldn’t that be good” “we got you”. Some thing along those lines from what I remember. Edited by Unbreakable

Wonder if Assault Intercessors can get the Veteran Intercessors Stratagem upgrade for an additional attack. Rules as they are now, they should be able to :D

Oh snap! That would be quite nasty actually, but I bet they’ll get around that with an FAQ.

I would like to think that the cap on +1/-1 modifiers has to do with buffs and debuffs and there’s still a certain amount of logic involved.

As someone else mentioned somewhere, there needs to be otherwise guys who moved with Heavy Weapons are perfect for shooting at Hard To Hit Flyers since their penalty is capped at -1. I think it would be that moving w/ Heavy weapons is an intrinsic -1 as is Hard To Hit type rules and then you can get a single buff/debuff to make it -3. That’s still pretty tough but for RG or Eldar flyers, I think that’s within the realm of ok since that’s their shtick. The -6 To Hit was what was the problem.

Everyone apparently hits on 6’s all the time now so that is an additional counterpoint to the ridiculous stacking stuff as well.