BA and 9th Ed

In the initial Twitch stream they did hint that reserves might be deployed differently from now as well as costing CP. I can't remember the exact words but I got the impression it might be something like early on they can arrive in your deployment zone, maybe a turn later the flanks are added as an option and the turn after that they can arrive anywhere the way they currently can.

The comment was something about the table opening up more for reserves the longer the game goes on, with more options for arrival.

Edited by Thoridon

I am literally stunned that points are going up because every version since 3rd has seen the points go down and models/game go up, up, up, way up, up, way up.  Also I wonder if wargear is going back down in points to even that out, it seems weird that the company would create games that require fewer models when that's what they're selling.

That's relative. If something is overcosted it means other things are undercosted. It all depends on how you approach these things.

Let's hope that GW sticks with the "smaller armies for quicker games" plan and actually considers increasing points of stuff more often than reducing points.

It would probably help if they'd pick one unit as baseline and balance everything around that instead of having everything in flux. Intercessors would be ideal since they are the most basic model of the new modelline of the best selling army in 40k. Means their points should never be touched and everything else should either get increased or decreased depending on whether it's too strong or too weak compared to Intercessors.

Back at the start of 3rd edition they slashed the points of all infantry/squads and most vehicles I think by about half. Characters were about the same points by the time you gave them wargear. And still, hero-hammer is probably worse now than it was then. The most op unit then was a squad of wolf-guard terminators with cyclone missile launchers and assault cannons (both weapons on all of them) which would cover an entire deployment zone in krak missile explosions on turn 1. Then anything that survived had to deal with 6-7 assault cannons putting out up to 9 shots each... Edited by Leonaides

any idea what this art is?

2WF8LmV.jpg

to me it kind of looks like baal is being evacuated

That would practically cut-out all the fluff from our PA book, where BA and Successors begin purging the Red Scar region, not to mention some of the DoB. Not saying that's impossible, just not likely.

This could be any planet anywhere in the galaxy - from a demon-world, to any world in the Red Scar region, where every star shines a shade of crimson.

EDIT: I'm glad to see banners on the Redemptors though :D

Edited by Majkhel

Only 3 HQs though. Fortunately Ancient is Elite, and we can always take Sanguinary Initiate instead of the full Priest if we need healing, but don't need the +1S.

From the 8th perspective, HQ would most likely be Astorath and 2 from the following: Mephiston/Libby Dread, Sanguinor, Captain (only one flavour though and we have at least 3 good options here) or Priest. Hard choice. I would almost surely be adding more detachments for additional character or 2.

Yeah the hq slots are stacked

Captain smash

Mephiston

Astrorath

Lemartes

Sanguinor

Priest wit jump pack

Hard to pick just 3

If previous rules are any indication a supreme command detachment shouldn't be as expensive as a second battalion. 8 HQs, 7 elites and the rest of the free battalion should be enough.