the BIG 9th edition room

We should wait for primaris EC :wink:. Basically same role. I want to believe it should not be long now.

You think? So far we've seen generic SM models and I'd think they'll start with Ultras characters first and then a pretty slow trickle down the line, not to mention all of the chapter specific transports and such which is also a big unknown...will they keep the whole line generic apart from characters?

Still not buying primaris myself, just got a Redemptor as it doesn't really disrupt the army scale but should they keep a generic look I'll look into something else as it's not grim dark enough for a BT side imo.

I my opinion, while their lore roles are different, the Judiciar (think that's his name) if effectively a char hunter like the EC. I do not believe that Gee Dubs will allow BT acess to 2 powerfull Char Hunters like that. Since we cannot take a chapter Champion and EC, I think this might happen again.

Ultras already have 3 named chars, I would like to think they will give them a break for a bit.

call me crazy but i will be testing multimelta attack bikes again.

no more -1 to hit on the move. excellent "can openers", can pop from behind terrain and do good damage while being an annoying t5 screen. 165 points gets you three of these guys in the new edition. they don't even compete with the new primaris bikes, as their roles as vastly different. i think 6 x Aggressors and 3 x multimelta bikes will be my primary firepower units (you cant play ONLY cc). awaiting anxiously on vehicle points...

Edited by MarshalMittermeier

Just read PA 9, not much to dig into, but 2 BT Marshall's were named Ghehart and Kurtz.

just mentioned? short mentioned or talked they about where they fighting?

How is it about the rest of the factions, which factions have a bigger rule outside from Necrons and Ultramarines?

no more -1 to hit on the move. excellent "can openers", can pop from behind terrain and do good damage while being an annoying t5 screen. 165 points gets you three of these guys in the new edition. they don't even compete with the new primaris bikes, as their roles as vastly different. i think 6 x Aggressors and 3 x multimelta bikes will be my primary firepower units (you cant play ONLY cc). awaiting anxiously on vehicle points...

I think the Eradicators are much better in it but its an interesting option.

Medjugorje Has asked me to jump from the Chaplin thread to here.....somebody posted that Chaplins get a nerf because we can’t recite before opponents first turn....which I don’t understand because the command phase is before movement and the core rules says both players participate in the command phase....so that means you pop off your litanies still before your opponent even moves.....im unclear as to how that was a nerf?

Just read PA 9, not much to dig into, but 2 BT Marshall's were named Ghehart and Kurtz.

just mentioned? short mentioned or talked they about where they fighting?

How is it about the rest of the factions, which factions have a bigger rule outside from Necrons and Ultramarines?

Dont expect much from PA.

Ghehart led a brutal counter attack while the Imperial forces where getting wrecked by necrons.

Kurtz led a force for a diversion attack on the Necrons.

BT had some exposition all things considered. The fluff is not that deep but I feel like they were mentioned more than in faith and fury, or maybe same amount. Not worth buying tho.

Edited by Sete

This is a hypothesis and even then i might have the wrong idea about the rules for the strat or how GW will release the kit, but can it be assumed that when the new codex drops and the multi part kits come out that Outrider bikes squad sergeants will be able to take power weapons? I wondered if this would be the case given how intercessors got a similar treatment with their seregeant equipment.

If this turns out to be true, would there be a case to be made for using Crusader Relics for Sword of Judgment on an Outrider sergeant given the number of attacks the model will be able to output?

This is a hypothesis and even then i might have the wrong idea about the rules for the strat or how GW will release the kit, but can it be assumed that when the new codex drops and the multi part kits come out that Outrider bikes squad sergeants will be able to take power weapons? I wondered if this would be the case given how intercessors got a similar treatment with their seregeant equipment.

If this turns out to be true, would there be a case to be made for using Crusader Relics for Sword of Judgment on an Outrider sergeant given the number of attacks the model will be able to output?

but a thunder hammer have the same effect with the additinal attacks. Maybe thats why a outrider seargent wont get that option.

A power sword on the seargent would be really nice. REALLY nice. 6 attacks Str. 5 with dmg3 is equal to any smash captain. 

Medjugorje Has asked me to jump from the Chaplin thread to here.....somebody posted that Chaplins get a nerf because we can’t recite before opponents first turn....which I don’t understand because the command phase is before movement and the core rules says both players participate in the command phase....so that means you pop off your litanies still before your opponent even moves.....im unclear as to how that was a nerf?

The new Chaplain datasheet doesn't say to do it in the command phase, it says to do it in your command phase. Both players can participate in the command phase just like they both participate in the fight phase, but there's still unambiguously "your fight phase" and "opponent's fight phase".

Otherwise, we'd be using litanies twice per battle round, which seems unlikely.

Sure, could be good. A thunder hammer is as good or better on almost all targets though, and I'd rather spend 16 points on a hammer (or maybe 20 after point changes?) than 1CP for the relic. If they only get a sword option but no hammer option, it's definitely in the running.

I think there's a fair chance that Outrider sergeants won't get power weapon options though. Intercessor sergeants are the only Primaris sergeants to get it so far.

I think you are crazy ;)  Unfortunately MM are just not worth the points right now. 20 something points for 1 shot doesn't cut it. The Eradicators actually have decent damage output because they able to fix one of melta's problems, low volume of shots. 6 shots a turn on a durable platform is what is making them good. 

Back to the Chaplain on a bike discussion: what Litanies (either Templar or generic Space Marine) do people think will be good to support bikes? I will have 6 Outriders from the Indominus set coming and plan on getting the Chap when he is available.

Canticle of Hate has become a bit more valuable to me, before it was a litany that didnt offer much and was kind of wonky to set up but now that the Chaplain can keep up with fast units it does seem like a good buff to give out, +2" to their charge rolls and +3" consolidation will probably make sure the bike or whatever unit is being buffed WILL reach combat. +1A seems ok for something like Terminators or Vanguard Vets but for Outriders I think giving them 5+FNP will be ace, so many wounds and enough toughness to weather small arms fire and at worst soak up most enemy fire and a 3 man unit is not expensive (not cheap either) so being a distraction can be useful.

I think you are crazy :wink:  Unfortunately MM are just not worth the points right now. 20 something points for 1 shot doesn't cut it. The Eradicators actually have decent damage output because they able to fix one of melta's problems, low volume of shots. 6 shots a turn on a durable platform is what is making them good. 

I was Looking for the Points. I was surprised that 3 Melta Trikes were cheaper as 3 Eradicators. (we know that they will shoot 6 times all the way) but dont Forget that Trikes have 4 shots bolter + more movement and 1W more.

The only Point in my mind is that i will Play them as Salamanders in Tournaments i think (at least a successor chapter with Master Artisan) if i wont find a competitive BT list.

@redmapa - the Terminators will come from reserve most times - one more attack wont work there but canticle of hate.

5+++ for the bikes is boss !!!

Edited by Medjugorje

While I'm not all that happy about the changes that are coming, aside from the increase of Cover on gaming fields, I'm fairly mollified by the Indominatus box, as a bit of a side project, I'd made ten Intercessors with tabards and CC equipment some months ago. Despite the on-going sidelining of the Classicals, I'm still pretty happy that I can now field those dudes and not just have them sitting pretty on my shelf. 

And also super stoked about Chaplains on Bikes being a legal thing again, even if it's Primaris Chaplains. I do love my priests on wheels. 

Edited by Palmu

@Hymnblade The part of YOUR command phase is the same as YOUR fight/morale phase which is taken at the same time as your opponent

Process of battle round

1.COMMAND PHASE

BOTH players muster strategic resources and use tactical abilities p.9 of CRB

This to me shows that every player turn we both take a command phase step

My belief is you’ll get your litanies each player turn...if I go second I can pop a protection....and then when it’s my turn I can just pop something suited to my needs

Once you and your opponent have resolved all of these rules (if any), progress to your Movement phase (this is the last paragraph to confirm the top that both players go simultaneously)

If those two parts of the rules don’t clarify the “your” command phase......then I apologize because I feel like I’m seeing something that must only be clear to me

@Hymnblade The part of YOUR command phase is the same as YOUR fight/morale phase which is taken at the same time as your opponent

Process of battle round

1.COMMAND PHASE

BOTH players muster strategic resources and use tactical abilities p.9 of CRB

This to me shows that every player turn we both take a command phase step

Compare to the wording for the command phase itself:

"If your army is Battle-forged, then at the start of your Command phase, before doing anything else, you gain 1 Command point (CP). This is called the Battle-forged CP bonus. You can find out more about Battle-forged armies and Command points in the Warhammer 40,000 Core Book. Some abilities found on datasheets and some Stratagems are used in

your Command phase. In addition, some missions have rules that take place in the Command phase. Once you and your opponent have resolved all of these rules (if any), progress to your Movement phase."

So, the game draws a distinction between "the command phase" and "your command phase". Also, the 1CP per turn is gained in "your command phase", and we've had GW commentary say things like "in a 5-turn game, you'll get 12CP base plus 1CP per turn, for 17 total", so "your command phase" is a thing that occurs only once per battle round, not twice.

The only Point in my mind is that i will Play them as Salamanders in Tournaments i think (at least a successor chapter with Master Artisan) if i wont find a competitive BT list.

What kind of heresy is this?  Doubt is a sign of weakness brother. Drive it from your heart

my Goal is the ETC-Team Germany so I have to Show results. That doesnt change anything what I feel for my army.

But my biggest hope are into GW and a better ruleset for us - so I could be the best BT Player in my Country.

Edited by Medjugorje

What kind of heresy is this? Doubt is a sign of weakness brother. Drive it from your heart

At moments like these I miss Firepower and his paddlings.

Im liking the changes in this edition, and I might get back into playing in my area.

But for now working on my custodes, if the whispers in the wind are true gonna wait for the codex to hit end of summer with the multipart kits.

Edited by Sete