the BIG 9th edition room

So GW have tried to stop conga lines with new coherency rules. Units of six or more models must have coherency with two other models in the unit.

But what is to stop this:

X                                   X

X   X   X   X   X   X   X

?

I think the new rules have more meaning. I believe it will be harder for a larger squad to wrap now.

Also the idea of stretching to multiple objectives, or an aura and an objective is now a little less possible.

However, for bases under 1" (IE: Cultists, Scouts, etc) can you not still simply make a slightly less shorter line?:  XXX    X    XXX 

I guess it still helps prevent it.

and you cannot charge if your unit disembarked from a destroyed transport model. Thats massive stupid.

Where is this from? Is this literally the rule? Is it battle round or turn?  

This would be horrid. It reminds me of the disasterous 4th edition "Entanglement rule" which I often named my Rhino's after: "Entanglement 1" and "Entanglement 2". 

So GW have tried to stop conga lines with new coherency rules. Units of six or more models must have coherency with two other models in the unit.

But what is to stop this:

X   X   X   X   X   X   X

?

I think the new rules have more meaning. I believe it will be harder for a larger squad to wrap now.

Also the idea of stretching to multiple objectives, or an aura and an objective is now a little less possible.

However, for bases under 1" (IE: Cultists, Scouts, etc) can you not still simply make a slightly less shorter line?:  XXX    X    XXX 

I guess it still helps prevent it.

and you cannot charge if your unit disembarked from a destroyed transport model. Thats massive stupid.

This would be horrid. It reminds me of the disasterous 4th edition "Entanglement rule" which I often named my Rhino's after: "Entanglement 1" and "Entanglement 2". 

I already deleated that because i didnt read exactly. It was just mentioned TURN. which means you could not charge after your transport is gone like before and no heroic intervention (what I find a bit sad).

The new Eradicator squad is 5 PL, so maybe on par with Aggressors points-wise. 

I reckon these are going to be an even bigger target than Hellblasters are already for any opponent with armour they want to keep safe. And they can only fit in a Repulsor - very expensive investment!

The new coherency rules also give another way to get out of tri-pointing: pull a model to break coherency, then pull any wrapped models. That's rough for any CC army, but like Desperate Escape, not as bad for us thanks to Tenacious Assault.

That's from the rulebook FAQ, page 2. It's turn, not battle round. The issue was that you could pull stupid tricks, like having a Rhino declare charges on everything in range so it would die to overwatch, and then the unit inside would get out and charge.

If your transport is shot down in their turn, you can still charge in your next turn.

I reckon these are going to be an even bigger target than Hellblasters are already for any opponent with armour they want to keep safe. And they can only fit in a Repulsor - very expensive investment!

They make a really good candidate for Strategic Reserves though, and at 5PL you can do two squads for 1CP. 6" from the board edge plus 24" range means they can shoot just about anything on the board when they come in.

I've been thinking about lists built around 3x6 Bladeguard in Impulsors, and trying to figure out how to handle fliers. "A couple squads of Eradicators" might be the answer.

but they already said you have to be in corherency in the next movement phase.

Yeah, but any model not in coherency in the morale phase dies.

I read it  already. So all in all its a bit harder to surround enemies but we can still with 2x pile ins and 6"

They make a really good candidate for Strategic Reserves though, and at 5PL you can do two squads for 1CP. 6" from the board edge plus 24" range means they can shoot just about anything on the board when they come in.

I've been thinking about lists built around 3x6 Bladeguard in Impulsors, and trying to figure out how to handle fliers. "A couple squads of Eradicators" might be the answer.

Yes they would make good outflanking candidates. If you've got two of those in reserve, suddenly your opponent cannot place any vehicle within 18" of any board edge. Or even 30" of any board edge (but less effective). 

I'm thinking seizing the centre and forcing your opponent inwards toward you to avoid dangerous reserves sounds fun. 

Edited by Brother Kraskor

Game length is now 5 rounds:

From the Genestealer Cults Faction Focus: "This, combined with the extra Command point per turn, means that over the standard* new edition game length of 5 battle rounds, you’ll have at least 17 in a game.".

new rumors from Natfka :

Tactical: 15

Scout: 14

Assault Intercessor: 19

Intercessor: 20

THF Cannon: 130

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2020/06/9th-edition-rumors.html

and a lot of ohter interesting things. 

For myself I have the feeling there are much things which is bad flor close combat armies like reroll for the charge is not allowed by reroll stratagem or surround the enemy because of corherency and because of fall back stratagem but we dont care because we have stratagems or our chapter tactic which goes around the problem. Now I hope that our crusader squad is a bit cheaper then tactical / scout.

Edited by Medjugorje

Courage and faith brother! Let the xenos have their MSU - meet it with big fat Crusader squads!

that MSU will be strong is said by the official play tester ( frontline gaming  podcast )... 

I played one game with everything we know already and finished just half an hour ago.

I was wiped out by Death guard but won the game by 69:53. I dont like the ITC-Style missions. I really prefer playing with cards (even in our tournaments).

Dreads are really good. Sword Brethren stratagem for 2 CP is still not worth it but 5+++ in close combat is if you play that many bodyguards like i do (and they gonna really important.

Frontline also said Grey Knights would break the meta when they got their codex and said the Stompa was good.

Reece is bad at predicting the meta.

haha - thats correct. he predicted that Imperial fists would be the main Space Marine army that is played (before any Supplement was released) and Iron Hands is the "secret" winner. Then everybody played Iron hands.

But all rules we can see for now I think he is correct. characters are cost too much because there are not enough slots  (2-3 for a battallion/patrole detachment), so we will maybe see more armies they can fight without characters who help them out like master artisans ... because it will be important that your flanking units will perform well. 

Frontline also said Grey Knights would break the meta when they got their codex and said the Stompa was good.

Reece is bad at predicting the meta.

haha - thats correct. he predicted that Imperial fists would be the main Space Marine army that is played (before any Supplement was released) and Iron Hands is the "secret" winner. Then everybody played Iron hands.

But all rules we can see for now I think he is correct. characters are cost too much because there are not enough slots  (2-3 for a battallion/patrole detachment), so we will maybe see more armies they can fight without characters who help them out like master artisans ... because it will be important that your flanking units will perform well. 

I feel like it's the obvious choice, but obvious isn't always best.

I mean I did the math yesterday over on Dakka and a Battlecannon hitting a mob of Orks only did 1.05 extra wounds to an unbuffed squad. And yet blasts are "obviously" going to wreck hordes, yet everyone is saying Hordes are dead, so people aren't looking to take blasts which makes hordes the skew list now.

Honestly I feel there will be reasons to take large units, we just need to run stuff on the table and get a real feel for the game. It's easy to say "X is better than Y" when you can't see everything, but we won't know until we actually try X and Y and see which is better for us as individual players.