the BIG 9th edition room

Hey what's that Valerian and Aleya?

Got better pics of those?

And primaris chaplain on bike!

Valerian and Aleya are the Custodes/Sister of Silence duo.

And no better pictures of these points costs, found them on Reddit.

Bladeguard and Outriders are fixed 3 per squad? Ew. I hope that's not forever.

Maybe. GW locked Eliminators to 3 to a squad, but Inceptors have 3-6 now.

Eliminators need to be limited because of the sergeant buff.

I expect those limits to be relaxed once the kits come out separately.

Wonder where the chapter specific units are.

Bladeguard ended up quite different than I expected, but at 35 points per model, I'm still pretty okay with that. 3 wounds, 2+/4++, S5 D2 power swords.

It's deeply annoying that the Indomitus captain's relic shield is less useful to us than to any other chapter.

Between the techmarine emplacement and this new Drop Turret I can see a lot of Astartes using those to cover an area and use their infantry to push forward and screen them through offense, at least to me it fits perfectly with more offensive armies like us or Blood Angels.

We got points and some rules so its time to build some lists!

3W Bladeguard! And they are just crying out to be made S6 by Helbrecht.

I also like the way they've gone with the storm shield. 2+/4++, and accompanied by an Ancient hitting on 2s...!

Now just need to convert some!

Edit: Judicar + Devout Push from an Impulsor will work it seems! The Judicar won't get to fight but he can make sure the Pushing unit strikes first!

Edited by Brother Kraskor

It's still one better than we have natively, so I don't see how that's less useful?

It's less useful in the sense that it's a very large improvement for any other chapter, and only a marginal improvement for us (no improvement at all, if you're near Cenobytes).

I know this isn't a big deal, it just annoys me.

It's deeply annoying that the Indomitus captain's relic shield is less useful to us than to any other chapter.

typical GW. So annoying. Again I hate GW.

and +1 is exactly what I want from that Banner. But not for a unit with just 3 models. Why not on every unit.

Edited by Medjugorje

maybe i am too negative about that rule. All in all it would be better if it could be a normal 5+++ instead . Better then 5+++ against Mowo anyway (that would piss me really off because we had absolutely no advantage)..

All in all the rules are  okay but I hope we can get them in larger squads and maybe there are ways for more keywords for each unit.

Astartes chainswords a little underwhelming perhaps. -2AP in assault doctrine though, not terrible!

EDIT: See the mission secondary objectives. Abhor the Witch looks very tasty! Witchseeker rounds could win you the game against a psyker-heavy list!

Edited by Brother Kraskor

the Transport rules wont help us in this edition. They are nerfet a small tiny bit because now you have to be wholly within 3" what takes us 1,5" for each time disembarking.

I dont think we have a huge advantage in our rules yet. And i am not sure how the new rules for terrain will help us because walls are not to climb as it looks so far ( dont read the full rules for terrain yet but in general its not possible - i hope it will stay the same for Infantry like it is in 8th) If not we have a big problem

I also like the way they've gone with the storm shield. 2+/4++, and accompanied by an Ancient hitting on 2s...!

Edit: Judicar + Devout Push from an Impulsor will work it seems! The Judicar won't get to fight but he can make sure the Pushing unit strikes first!

Toss in a Captain with oathkeeper and you can ensure one enemy unit’s total destruction and then consolidate into another.

Astartes chainswords are exactly what I expected, effectively the bolt rifle of melee weapons and I’m fine with that. As for terrain we can still climb over walls and infantry can freely move through looser terrain (trees, chains, gantries. Etc.). Plus some terrain will breachable allowing infantry to move through walls. They also changed the cp reroll so it affects the whole roll instead of a single die, meaning we have more control over our charge rerolls than anyone else.

Toss in a Captain with oathkeeper and you can ensure one enemy unit’s total destruction and then consolidate into another.

? how do you mean that? 3 Bladeguards can pile in the fighting phase after embarking from a (already moved) Impulsor.

And with a Judicar you will hit first what you need because without Judicar you just second 

Assuming you got a Captain with Oathkeeper in the Impulsor you can get him within 6” of the enemy unit and heroically intervene into the same enemy you devout pushed your bladeguard into. Pop the Judiciary ability and watch your captain and vets gear the target unit apart.

Assuming you got a Captain with Oathkeeper in the Impulsor you can get him within 6” of the enemy unit and heroically intervene into the same enemy you devout pushed your bladeguard into. Pop the Judiciary ability and watch your captain and vets gear the target unit apart.

heroic interventions just allowed in the enemy fight phase.

... So, i already finished the whole 9th edition leaks. Everything already known so far ... thats it. All things I´ve hoped for were not complemented. No better transport / disembarking rules and we cannot speak litanies on embarked untis.

In addition our stromshields are not that good anymore. Melee didnt get that push. Just the terrain thing is really a big difference but that depends how the TO´s or you give up the keywords to it.

I dont see BT are good compared to all other chapters. The only exception is the raven guard, I think they lost more then they had won. Dont understand me wrong - its not that we getting worse (or maybe just because of the lack of storm shield rule changes) - but we dont get a big bonus as I can see.