the BIG 9th edition room

No he has a 12" aura which give us rerolls of 1 and +1 to charge, advance and morale.

In addition +3 Command Points!

We would loose our superdoctrine (which is useless) and his aurabuff and WL-Trait + we must take Helbrecht as Hero of the chapter.

What has changed to allow us to take him? We can already take a Super-Heavy Auxiliary detachment.

I mean the new detachment just for Primarchs and the core rules. In 8th edition we had so much disadvantages because his detachement were expensive and we used to collect CPs for own detachements. 350 points used to an additional battallion (90 + 75 for a chaplain and EC + 3x scouts) for 5CP instead of 2CP as bonus. meant it cost us that much. 

Now we gain 3 CPs instead. And Gully + a BT Battallion fits 1500 - 2000 points for this editon I think.

So many leaks lol. Bladegaurd are simply awesome, now it's just a matter of choosing the right support to go with them. We are handicapped now by having to pay CP to get extra HQ, something that I enjoyed taking several of. So choosing correctly will be important. 

Regarding the 2++ SS thing. We know this will be FAQ'd extremely fast by GW, so there is no sense in continuing to talk about it. RAI is clear and I don't forsee this going past day 1

I ´ve seen a few youtube unboxing videos. I searched to see the artworks and storyline.. but nothing special about BT so far (but it wasnt that much content until yet.)

EDIT: the secound colorscheme are the Black Templars (the page where you can see each chapter paint scheme with all known chapters + a few more) .But no real artwork until yet.

Edited by Medjugorje

There is an assumption around that a new SM codex will drop end of summer.

Maybe if we are lucky we could get a supplement. But I would not keep my hopes high.

Just to add and this is entirely my opinion, with the melee release, its the perfect chance to give focus to the melee chapter of CSM.

Edited by Sete

The confusion around Stormshields right now is a little bit silly to me. I don't understand how these conclusions are being drawn, but it's pretty straight forward how this works.

If you have a 3+ save, a stormshield gives you a 2+ and a 4++.

If you have a 2+ save, a stormshield gives you a 1+ and a 4++. However, rolling a 1 on a saving throw always counts as a fail, and though you can not have a number modified to below 1, you calculate it, then increase to 1 in the math steps.

So, An AP 0 weapon is blocked on a 2+, AP -1 blocked on a 2+, AP -2 blocked on a 3+, and AP -4 takes you to your invuln. Very simple. It doesn't need an FAQ. The only rule in the core that might is Look Out Sir when it comes to double Daemon Princes.

As for taking Girlyman? The biggest down side to that is I have to field an Ultra Marine in my army, and that is not a BT or Imperial Fist. So I won't.

Because they are only for the codex and not for the supplements.

Which book is it from?

Never mind got it, last book I have was the 1st 8th codex and was all together.

So until they redo the recent supplement or faq we still use Faith and Fury right?

Edited by Gendo

If you have a 2+ save, a stormshield gives you a 1+ and a 4++. However, rolling a 1 on a saving throw always counts as a fail, and though you can not have a number modified to below 1, you calculate it, then increase to 1 in the math steps.

There is no rule that says a roll of 1 always fails. That's precisely the issue. An UNMODIFIED 1 always fails, but if you roll a 2 with a -1, that rule doesn't apply.

It's intuitive that a 1+ save should fail if you roll a 2 against AP2, because 2-2 = 0 < 1. But the issue is that, in 40k math, 2-2 isn't zero! According to the rules, a roll of 2 with a -2 modifier is counted as a 1. That isn't below the save stat, and it isn't an unmodified 1, so why would it fail?

Bit of a win-win then - new supplement means new stuff, no supplement means cheaper marines!

Or an FAQ to bring the Crusader Squad cost into conformity with the rest of the SM units.

I hope they planned it the way it is and meant to give us cheaper marines because with the point increase was going to be rough to include Crusade squads in a list.

Bit of a win-win then - new supplement means new stuff, no supplement means cheaper marines!

Or an FAQ to bring the Crusader Squad cost into conformity with the rest of the SM units.

I hope they planned it the way it is and meant to give us cheaper marines because with the point increase was going to be rough to include Crusade squads in a list.

There’s no way they planned to give crusader squads a 2 points per model discount.

Also. “Planned” and “Games Workshop”. Lol.

There is no rule that says a roll of 1 always fails. That's precisely the issue. An UNMODIFIED 1 always fails, but if you roll a 2 with a -1, that rule doesn't apply.

It's intuitive that a 1+ save should fail if you roll a 2 against AP2, because 2-2 = 0 < 1. But the issue is that, in 40k math, 2-2 isn't zero! According to the rules, a roll of 2 with a -2 modifier is counted as a 1. That isn't below the save stat, and it isn't an unmodified 1, so why would it fail?

It's intuitive. The answer to your question is in your own statement. And if they want the math to work without changing the rule, they just need the storm shield to read 'add +1 to non-invulnerable saving throws.' But the intent is so obvious it hurts.

I'm seeing an abnormal amount classic BT armies for sale on FB groups.

With assault intercessors it seems some are throwing in the towel.

I'm hoping we get a points cost leak for BT soon.

I'm seeing an abnormal amount classic BT armies for sale on FB groups.

With assault intercessors it seems some are throwing in the towel.

I'm hoping we get a points cost leak for BT soon.

Knee jerk reactions to an edition that they haven't played? Color me unsurprised.