the BIG 9th edition room

I'm anxious to see if we get a legitimate supplement a la the first founding chapters. We have just as much fluff as some of them and got rolled into faith and fury for whatever reason. I hope the templars get retconned to their old fluff, not the emperor worshiping wackos we are now. That never really sat too well with me. Edited by JimVandy85

Fluff retcon is quite unlikely tho.

I cannot have a neutral opinion on the Supplement.

We definitely have material for one, lets see if GW is gonna do us dirty again.

But for now im happy that we will have units that support our playstyle. Lets wait to see if BT keep the Crusader Squads in the primaris age.

But for now im happy that we will have units that support our playstyle. Lets wait to see if BT keep the Crusader Squads in the primaris age.

I know the retcon is unlikely but its nice to dream. Primaris characters and primaris crusader squad would be nice.

We should wait for primaris EC :wink:. Basically same role. I want to believe it should not be long now.

You think? So far we've seen generic SM models and I'd think they'll start with Ultras characters first and then a pretty slow trickle down the line, not to mention all of the chapter specific transports and such which is also a big unknown...will they keep the whole line generic apart from characters?

Still not buying primaris myself, just got a Redemptor as it doesn't really disrupt the army scale but should they keep a generic look I'll look into something else as it's not grim dark enough for a BT side imo.

I my opinion, while their lore roles are different, the Judiciar (think that's his name) if effectively a char hunter like the EC. I do not believe that Gee Dubs will allow BT acess to 2 powerfull Char Hunters like that. Since we cannot take a chapter Champion and EC, I think this might happen again.

Ultras already have 3 named chars, I would like to think they will give them a break for a bit.

I've seen people point out that he's also a strong counter-charge unit since he can make the charging unit fight last.

I don't see GW locking us out of this one to be honest.

I'm anxious to see if we get a legitimate supplement a la the first founding chapters. We have just as much fluff as some of them and got rolled into faith and fury for whatever reason. I hope the templars get retconned to their old fluff, not the emperor worshiping wackos we are now. That never really sat too well with me.

Honestly I prefer them worshipping the Emperor. It sets them apart from the other 995 or so chapters that don't. Now if the default was worship of the Emperor (something I feel would make more sense due to most of recruit populations being raised under the doctrine of the Ecclesiarchy) I'd be with you, but GW seems to think that's off so here we are.

As far as I am aware, GW don't lock any space marine units away from chapters beyond the unique units. The Judiciar is a main codex unit with a full datasheet., so we will get him. He's also a chaplain, and we love chaplains, so he fits right in.

The chapter champion is different because he doesn't have a datasheet, he is just a stratagem.

I know the retcon is unlikely but its nice to dream. Primaris characters and primaris crusader squad would be nice.

Yes to both! iIf GW does this I will start work on converting Repulsor Crusaders.

our litany which allow us to always fight first is really strong. In the enemy phase the oppotnent cant charge a monster unit like a vanguard veteran squad or Assault Centurions with this abiltiy because we choose the first unit to fiht with.

I'll be honest, all the Marine stuff (and the inevitable codex coming with it) has stalled my excitement just a bit. Too many unknowns on what GW will be doing with the faction, much less the Templars, to go completely nuts with list building right now.

our litany which allow us to always fight first is really strong. In the enemy phase the oppotnent cant charge a monster unit like a vanguard veteran squad or Assault Centurions with this abiltiy because we choose the first unit to fiht with.

I'm actually not sure if this is how it will work. The core rules just say "charging units fight first" and don't mention fight-first abilities, and abilities like Oath of Glory say "If the enemy has units that have charged, or that have a similar ability, then alternate choosing units to fight with, starting with the player whose turn is taking place." So unless there's an FAQ, fight-first won't be any better than it is now, sadly. They might FAQ it though.

Judiciars might be more effective for blunting charges, especially if you run more than one. Three Judiciars surrounded by your favorite CC unit would be absurdly difficult to displace with a counter-charge.