the BIG 9th edition room

After you upgrade a Company  Ancient to  Chapter Ancient it gets an ability called "Chapter Banner" which lets you choose a CORE unit within 6" of it and it gets +1 to hit in melee. Terminators will love that and so will Bladeguard that also get +1 Attack from their banner, its a pretty tasty buff and something I have always wanted banners to do.

Currently Bladeguard get +1 to hit from their banner if memory serves

Yeah you are right, I mesed up but still now you can buff your Bladeguard and the same ancient can choose another unit to get +1 to hit, like say Terminators with thunder hammers.

So I just listened to Guerilla Miniature Games 9th edition codex review.

He went through each Chapter Tactic pretty quick, but he seemed to indicate that BT now get a FnP on 5+.  He did not specify that it was only against mortal wounds, but he may have been going over it too fast.  He later compared it to Iron Hands 6+ FnP wherein he referred to the IH was as "slightly worse than BT".

Anyone know anything about this? Are BT's getting a full-time 5+ FnP?

https://youtu.be/g58TztbCiHw?t=824

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum

The chapter trait page was seen back when the codex was announced. As far as I can recall, it's still just MWs.

Goonhammer concurs: https://www.goonhammer.com/the-goonhammer-review-codex-space-marines-9th-edition/#Chapter_Tactics

In other news, have I heard correctly that there is now a way for a chaplain, or maybe just a MoS to recite a litany outside of the command phase?

If so, and it also includes the opponent's turn, that's good news for us as it means we can increase Devout Push range in our opponent's turn. That extra 3" in my opponent's first turn was really crucial in a recent game.

the most important thing is that company veterans going to be very good so that we can protect our characters which are way more important for our strenght then any other chapter I think.

btw --- i was on a tournament with my Black Templars and (sadly) just achieved 4th of 18.

Lost against Necrons (2++ Wraith are brutal)... and won against Nids, Tau and Nids.

Did I hear correct on Gorrilla Wargaming that there is a stratagem which allow us to have our litany in the first phase for a command point? Or is he just lazy by reading and its just in the command phase? 

that stratagem would be PERFECT for us.

There was something with the MoS I think to recite a litany outside of the command phase. Could see a lot of use with that, especially combined with some deepstrike. Definitely for us DA with Deathwing looking good with that as well, I know my eyes lit up seeing it. I'm hoping this could be a good edition for Deathwing, going to do quite a bit some knightly heraldry now that I've got my hands on book 9.

I'm hoping neophytes stay at 14 ppm, currently we are the only chapter who can use them as part of a troops choice.

Also space marine codex also has a stratagem named shock and awe, hopefully our version doesn't get axed

Edited by SirJyo

company veterans are core and have 2 wounds and everything stays the same as before.... what is really nice now but do anybody know the point costs now?

Company veterans costs 20pts per model and they are in squad of 2-5 models

company veterans are core and have 2 wounds and everything stays the same as before.... what is really nice now but do anybody know the point costs now?

Company veterans costs 20pts per model and they are in squad of 2-5 models

I was about to ask why would they start at two models and them remembered that the box they are intended to be built from is the command squad box.

but they lost their ability to take wounds from characters (which was so special because we ignored this mortal wounds) which makes me very disappointed but 20 points for them is great and they still good for their job because of their new rules. How much is a Stormshield for them is the next question. 

So i am very sure that my list will change into:

Hlebrecht, MoS with Ancient Breviary, Indomitus Lieutenant with Aurelian shroud

? Troops, i am not sure, but I think Assault Intercessors, Intercessors and a crusadersquad

2x6 Bladeguard ( if there are no blast weapons on the enemy then I will play them as 2x3 and 1x6, in any other case 4x3)

2x5 Company Veterans with 1xhammer, 4 chainswords, 5 stormshields

1x1 Judiciar with Honor Vehement

1x1 Redemptor

1x5 Grav Devas (if they are still powerful)

2x3 Eradicators 

1 Drop Pod

1 Impulsor

I think grav Devs are for the chop if you're thinking of using them against vehicles.

It's not the damage which is the issue, it's the wound rerolls. Without them, the weapon starts to misfire too often.

They may be worth a game or two to tell, as they are still pretty cheap. And they rinse things like heavy troops.

I think grav Devs are for the chop if you're thinking of using them against vehicles.

It's not the damage which is the issue, it's the wound rerolls. Without them, the weapon starts to misfire too often.

They may be worth a game or two to tell, as they are still pretty cheap. And they rinse things like heavy troops.

there is one stratagem which makes them count as  stationary and one stratagem for a +1 to hit  ( litany stratagem) so they hit on 2+ and the bubble of Helbrecht is still rerolls one to hit. So there are hitting 15.5 of them. makes 5 wounds against a vehicle -->10 damage is not as good as before but not bad.

I think I will look how Plasmacannon will work. Or maybe my list will be just eradicators instead.