the BIG 9th edition room

GW using it on their new what is 40k website is still a good chance to use the image to once more churn the pot and stoke fires of the flawed hope that a new set of Templar rules are coming soon. We have to keep you lot busy or you might end up crazy like those Grey Knights kids across the street.

Here's the quote from Max in full:

"One thing that I thought was really fun was when i was painting the Black Templar we were talking about should this be a Sword Brother or not, with the red trim and the red icons, and because we were just doing one, we wanted one we thought it would be good it if it was like really iconic black on white like the normal... we haven't seen a Templar for a minute right, also I just really liked the idea that, all of these Bladeguard veterans are in all this regalia or cool kinda crusade relics and all that stuff and they feel like theyre out on crusade because they've been crusading for like 50 years or something, and this Black Templar's like, 'that's just a Tuesday for me, I'm not even that special, I'm not even a Sword Brother, I'm the same level as you guys, you top crusade veterans are the same as an initiate for me.' That's the way the Black Templars kinda look at it. I thought that was really funny. That tipped the scales for me, I'll just do it as a normal initiate templar."

thats old. It were already posted here somewhere... the question I ask myself: Why they painted just one???

Because only Ultramarines get a fully painted range for generic space marine releases and everyone else gets a couple of models as a "Oh we suppose you could also do this if you dont like blue".

thats old. It were already posted here somewhere... the question I ask myself: Why they painted just one???

Because only Ultramarines get a fully painted range for generic space marine releases and everyone else gets a couple of models as a "Oh we suppose you could also do this if you dont like blue".

you mean every first founding chapter...  but no Flesh Tearers, no Crimson Fists and ONE Black Templar.

I plan to paint primaris models with black-white schemes, no matter sergeant or not. And keep classic veteran units in red-black scheme.

I've done something similar, given (despite being a Templars, Sororitas, Custodes and Inquisition collector) I don't particularly like the colour red. It works really well, provided you find some other way to distinguish sergeants, veterans etc.

Personally, I've used white maltese crosses over the faceplate for those who would normally wear Sword Brethren markings - https://www.instagram.com/p/CG9gXb5HGwZ/

you mean every first founding chapter...  but no Flesh Tearers, no Crimson Fists and ONE Black Templar.

On the full unit front in the latest codex the only chapters that had any of the new indomitus models on show were the Ultramarines, the 2nd founding chapter GW were hyping for the crusade rules and the Blood and Dark Angels who had their supplements made at the same time as the core codex and so had fully done armies ready to used in images. All the other images are of much older stuff or the units done to show off the primaris upgrade kits for each chapter that were done when the supplements first came out.

As annoying as it is, from a product development and release point of view doing it this way makes sense even if it does over saturate the material with :cusss in blue

I plan to paint primaris models with black-white schemes, no matter sergeant or not. And keep classic veteran units in red-black scheme.

I've done something similar, given (despite being a Templars, Sororitas, Custodes and Inquisition collector) I don't particularly like the colour red. It works really well, provided you find some other way to distinguish sergeants, veterans etc.

Personally, I've used white maltese crosses over the faceplate for those who would normally wear Sword Brethren markings - https://www.instagram.com/p/CG9gXb5HGwZ/

Love your Instagram.

I plan to also stick to white shoulder pads.

I honestly do a mix of shoulders. My head cannon Templars mix and match what suite each Templar best. Generally confirming to Templar standards but I can’t imagine someone :censored: talking Sword Brother because he likes white shoulders or gold trim.

me too.

I often have a cross on one shoulder and on the other soulder pad there are some writings or knightly looking heraldry

• 2 weeks later...

CM9QpUKIoi97PMoe.png

GW actually went a painted a primaris marine in Templar colours.

For those in the never ending war of "What is the right shoulder pad colours?" it seems black and red for veterans is no longer in favour.

It is still red cross on black shoulder. The guy responsible of painting minis for the codex space marine had one model to represent Black Templar. So even if he knew that the schema wasn't right, it is the unique Primaris Black Templar painted for the occasion.

Information came from a GW podcast but I don't remember which one

I think most long-time Black Templar models collectors follow the colouring instruction which printed in 4th codex.

However, too many years has passed, and too many things were invented. There are no "official" answer to many questions. For example, I don't know how would a Templars primaris lieutenant look like.

How ever you like them to look! Personally I think the white and black shoulders are hard to beat, look wise, regardless of rank. They are just Iconic and it's the look most had in the beginning. A few special ones in red or with a checker pattern or the like is nice too though, as the individuality of the Templars is one of the draws for me, personally. I do try and limit my palette to black, reds, whites, and a little yellow, in addition to the leather colors.

I think most long-time Black Templar models collectors follow the colouring instruction which printed in 4th codex. However, too many years has passed, and too many things were invented. There are no "official" answer to many questions. For example, I don't know how would a Templars primaris lieutenant look like.

There is actually an officially painted (and converted) example for that - https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/6pzfma/black_templar_lieutenant/

but again not in Red although he is a sword brother. For me its not a problem because my Knights are painted in the same colors as this example.

Another thing we have to discuss on our roundtable my Knights. Our enemy we fought back then when we were released the first time, the Dark Eldar will have a stratagem to hurt our devot push a lot. Vects Agents changed their intrigues behaviour. "Vect" has changed from denying one stratagem to make it pricier for the whole game --> means that Devot push, Transhuman physiology or Will of the emperor will cost 2CP instead of one the entire game

but again not in Red although he is a sword brother. For me its not a problem because my Knights are painted in the same colors as this example.

Another thing we have to discuss on our roundtable my Knights. Our enemy we fought back then when we were released the first time, the Dark Eldar will have a stratagem to hurt our devot push a lot. Vects Agents changed their intrigues behaviour. "Vect" has changed from denying one stratagem to make it pricier for the whole game --> means that Devot push, Transhuman physiology or Will of the emperor will cost 2CP instead of one the entire game

DED already has tons of weapons which always wound on 4+, so you maybe not active transhuman as often as usual when fight against DED. Combat revival may be the most often taxed strategem.

The Stratagem I mosten often use is in order:

advance and charge

devot push / Transhuman

a few others like prevent falling back and guerilla tactics

because they are the best by far

Edited by Medjugorje

Thinking of another use for Devout Push. 

For melta weaponry, "within half range", does that include half range exactly? So 6" for meltas, combi-meltas etc.

Because then you could deep strike some firstborn melta in (however you like, drop pod, jump pack, even strategic reserves?), set up 9" away, pop Devout Push and get to 6". Can you now use the enhanced damage on the melta?