the BIG 9th edition room

https://d1w82usnq70pt2.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Win_Pct_Chapter_5-13-21.png Recent data shows that Templars have a ... good position in competetive 40K.

this is natural, but only half-truth.

1. marines, as a whole, are already starting to lack behind other armies. way before DE, sororitas and harlequins ruled the day, closely followed by death guard. marines are now just average, and lots of other codexes are to come out and make them obsolete.

as the meta changes, marines are hindered by their vehicles being terribly bad/overcosted, and their best units having been nerfed before we saw other codexes would be even more broken.

2. IF, however, you wish to play marines, BT are an excellent choice for a heavy infantry army. just spam vanguard veterans and assault terminators, buff them with litany of divine protection, and propel them across the battlefield via emperor's will and devout push. it is natural to do well in tournaments.

Edited by MarshalMittermeier

buts that is like it ever was.

the competitive setting depends often on very few special rules / concepts / psychic powers and nowadays stratagems. But thats okay.

I like the fact that we are in a very good spot but the only chapter which didnt received their special treatment yet.

Marines have the biggest players base, and sell the most models. Which means, many players own marine models, when marine is not competitive they play other armies, and when marine is top competitive they switch to marine in one week. Remember the crazy 2019 winter? I think after that, GW won't design marine as top competitive in many future years.

His source has a proven track record. I forget how far ahead it was, but the event that stuck out to me was when posted a "three-legged destroyer lord" for necrons well in advance of indomitus. 

Who's saying there's not more behind Valrak's "predictions" in that video, beyond him just being optimistic?

His source has a proven track record. I forget how far ahead it was, but the event that stuck out to me was when posted a "three-legged destroyer lord" for necrons well in advance of indomitus.

Who's saying there's not more behind Valrak's "predictions" in that video, beyond him just being optimistic?

Black Blow Fly appears to have a pretty visceral reaction to Valrak for some reason.

I used to be the same, but valrak has become less of a gw fanboy in recent years and in my opinion more grounded.

He has good sources but will only let off a safe amount of rumors.

Also if it weren't for him, BT would not have done as well during the last survey so we have him to thank.

Here he has only regurgitated what Sete said.

Sure. And I'm certain if we managed to catch Laeroth and hang him by his feet upside a tree, he'd have something similiar to say. 

Now it could be that they all have the same single source and they're all being played by said source... or they're saying these things because there's something to it. Ergo it might be that we can actually expect not only our characters, but crusaders and swordbrethren too to be brought into the Era Indomitus? Food for thought anyway.

Dont dismiss Valrak. He knows what hes talking about. He is very well informed, and might know more than he shares.

I'm always interested on what he has to say.

BT vs EC was Kirioth.

We just need to wait boyos. Its gonna be fine.

Edited by Sete

Dont dismiss Valrak. He knows what hes talking about. He is very well informed, and might know more than he shares.

I'm always interested on what he has to say.

BT vs EC was Kirioth.

We just need to wait boyos. Its gonna be fine.

ahhh... okay. Kirioth - did he used to be often correct with his rumors? Could still be a thing.  We havent seen any Chaos things except Belakor and Death Guard ( and Chaos Space Marines used to be released always before any other Chaos subfaction in each other edition)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Kirioth ever had a trusted source that confided in him, in the way we know that Valrak has one. Kirioth essentially knew what we knew, he was just loudspeakering it across the interwebs. Valrak does the same thing, but difference is he's attracted what seems to be a really legit source. Not all rumors that reaches Valrak is from this 1 trusted source, but he's up front when something he mentions is from the trusted source.

Rumors that didn’t come trie: Angron and codex Worldeaters, Fulgrim and codex Emperor’s Children… amongst others. Here he has only regurgitated what Sete said.

I know you don't like what I have to say, honestly I really don't care, but on the note of regurgutating what Sete says, that's funny as Sete talks to me a lot :laugh.:

Moving on, I stand by what I said last year, Helbrect is coming, he looks fantastic on his rock (every SM needs a rock, right? :biggrin.:), with the Templars finally getting love you will blown away, it just a matter of when not if now.

The reason I don't share more with the upcoming Templars or other releases is because I don't want anyone to get in trouble, once I get the thumbs up from Alpharius I will talk about it freely.

Edited by Chapter Master Valrak

And here I was trying to keep our relationship a secret :P

But, just to let you guys know, despite my talks with Valrak, I got a good friend that shared some whispers with me, so it's still another party confirming the info already shared.

But I will stress again, listen to what Valrak has to say. His Alpharius is the real deal.

I'll leave the talks and reveals to you my dude. I have my Vampires to sort out xD

Dunno about Kirioth, only saw a couple of videos from him.

Edited by Sete