the BIG 9th edition room

Just a little PSA: the Sword Brethren/Primaris Crusader boxes do contain the same transfer sheet found in the army box, despite not having it listed in their description on GW's website, so there's no need to pay inflated prices for them. :thumbsup: 

Honestly Ijust want some sheets for shoulder pads, though I have been getting better at applying these boys to shoulder pads I think

https://popgoesthemonkey.com/collections/insignia/products/60x-maltese-cross-shoulder-insignia-pack

My crusade is basically sponsored by pop goes the monkey at this point, from the shoulder pads, to the shields and arms I need...

Honestly Ijust want some sheets for shoulder pads, though I have been getting better at applying these boys to shoulder pads I think

https://popgoesthemonkey.com/collections/insignia/products/60x-maltese-cross-shoulder-insignia-pack

My crusade is basically sponsored by pop goes the monkey at this point, from the shoulder pads, to the shields and arms I need...

I've definitely been a big fan of the transfers from the army box and was concerned that the upgrade pack had such a limited selection. After getting the knack of gloss varnish, micro...whichever is in the blue bottle, transfer, more of the blue bottle and try and even out the edges. Way faster than freehanding or even painting the raised pads.

I've definitely been a big fan of the transfers from the army box and was concerned that the upgrade pack had such a limited selection. After getting the knack of gloss varnish, micro...whichever is in the blue bottle, transfer, more of the blue bottle and try and even out the edges. Way faster than freehanding or even painting the raised pads.

my only question is how do you make the transfers less shiny? The only way I found out is nuln oil shade but I don't want my shoulder pads to be too dark

my only question is how do you make the transfers less shiny? The only way I found out is nuln oil shade but I don't want my shoulder pads to be too dark

Matt varnish like bbf mentioned. Transfers are actually more of an advanced part of the hobby despite coming with every kit. So the best results tend to have all the aspects of scale modelling.

Harpster is THE most experienced 9th BA expert in the world. Himself once recommend only playing BA on GW patroned events or other tables with similar density of terrains.

We all know that on LGS or RTT tables BA have trash tier performances.

So I finally am starting on my vanguard veteran squad and I must say magnetizing is a pain. Nothing to do with getting the polarities right because that is easy, but with actually getting the holes down properly for the magnet to sit right! I am magnetizing backpacks and jump packs and heavens above one guy has a gap between the back of his armor and his power back, it bugs me a little, but I am liking the results so far!

speaking of, I barely have enough bits for x7 lightning claws, but I have x2 hammers just fine! With the champion of the feast with fist, I hope that is powerful enough

Less than surprising that the new FAQ takes away Devout Push's embarkation ability. One reason why I was skeptical of using it for that to begin with :P Still can dodge behind terrain cover, of course, without the cost of having that transport sitting around there just for that.

Now that the reference section no longer calls out light and heavy, the phrase 'benefits of cover' is defined as per the rulebook, where it included Dense.

I don't like that rule, I don't think Dense is a 'benefit' of cover it's just a feature of cover that it makes things harder to see. But that's what it says.