the BIG 9th edition room

For reference:

Malleus

Adeptus Astartes - Incursion - Grand Tournament ( 4CP - 995PT - 5PT )

Adeptus Astartes Patrol Detachment ( 2CP - 995PT )

SUB-FACTION: Black Templars

HQ

WARLORD: Primaris Chaplain (85)

TRAITS: Champion of Humanity

LITANIES: Mantra of Strength

RELICS: Ancient Breviary

STRATAGEMS: Master of Sanctity

TROOPS

Assault Intercessor Squad (100)

1x Assault Intercessor Sergeant: Power sword

4x Assault Intercessor

ELITES

Aggressor Squad (220)

1x Aggressor Sergeant: 2x Auto boltstorm gauntlet, Fragstorm grenade launcher

4x Aggressor: 2x Auto boltstorm gauntlet, Fragstorm grenade launcher

RELIC BEARERS UPGRADE: Sigismund’s Seal

Redemptor Dreadnought (185) Icarus rocket pod, Macro plasma incinerator, Onslaught gatling cannon

HEAVY SUPPORT

Repulsor (295) Icarus rocket pod, Ironhail heavy stubber

DEDICATED TRANSPORT

Impulsor (110)

STRATAGEMS

Champion of the Feast (1CP)

Master of Sanctity (1CP)

Total Command Points: 4/8

Reinforcement Points: 5

Total Points: 995/1000

Not mentioned - giving Sword of Judgement to assault intercessor sword brother

Edited by CrystalSeer

Basic plan is move forward and own mid-board. When enemy moves to counter, use aggressors and intercessors buffed by chaplain to counter assault. Afterwards, units move forward to enemy deployment zone while armor holds center.

- Banking on enemy not having sufficient AT at 1k to counter 3 armored targets with 5++

- Aggressors with Seal pick the enemy center of gravity and smash it

Individual units aren't bad but I'm not seeing synergy. Everything wants to run off and do its own thing.

fair enough! I like your list a lot, but I am far from being able to run it myself, but I see your points

my strategy is to have intercessors with autobolters sit on the objective in back field to lay down covering fire or do actions as needed, with the dread in back to either push midfield or provide anti-tank. the chaplain will move up with the rhino so that when it either dies or the unit disembarks, he will be providing a litany of hate to the unit for re-rolls, or burn a CP for divine protection or persecution. Captain will support the company vets and crusader squad in charges, either attacking heroes or chaff and being protected with a 2+/4++ 5+FNP. assault intercessors would move up and advance as needed, and either score objectives with an attack bike support or sell their lives dearly.

but I agree, I am very much lacking anti-tank, but so far he is the only realy good model for it outside of assaulting with power fists

What do you guys think about a terminator sergeant with champion of the feast, fist of balthus and maybe master crafted weapon ?

For a sergeant with only 2+ to hit, S8, AP-3 and 4 dmg for 4/5 attacks.

Maybe master crafted weapon is a bit too much. (Could be maybe a squad of relics terminator ? With other who got some claws)

Edited by Sword Brethren Durion

I don’t think you can master craft the relic powerfist but if you run Relic Terminators you can master craft the plasma blaster.

Not clear yet I don't think. They're not Relics with a capital 'R' like the Sword of Judgement, Teeth of Terra etc as they do not take up any Relic slots. But they are still a cut above normal wargear so it's not clear what GW intended. 

The bearers are named "Relic bearers" but it's not specified directly as relic in the rules.

Since we can't wear two relics on the same guy. If it's not writed that we can't wear for example the sword of judgement and the bones of mordred in same time, I guess we can upgrade the powerfist.

(Sadly games only answer to few question on the FAQ)

You can convert some sweet bladeguard with the Sword Bros.

Imma buying some kits this weekend.

I'm thinking about adding some kreuz pattern shields from kromlech to a sword bro squad but don't know if they will fit size wise - anyone tried?

Will probably mount the shields on their backs so I can multi prupose if need fit.

Just thinking about Sword Brethren. If you go full-size squad with just chainswords, backed up by the usual Helbrecht, Grimaldus funfair:

Defense-wise, they can use cover (eh), have 5++ (Uphold), and 6+++ (Grimaldus). 

Attack-wise:

10x SB with chainswords, meaning 5 attacks each on the charge.

Chaplain puts Fires of Devotion for another attack each. 

Chaplain puts Fervent Acclamation to activate Suffer Not (auto-wound on 6s)

Helbrecht puts re-roll hits and +1S

60 attacks, hitting on 3s = 40 hits, of which 10 auto-wound

Re-roll the 20 misses, 13 hits, of which 3 auto-wound

13 auto-wounds and 40 hits at S5, AP-2. Only D1 but with the proliferation of damage-reducing, this could actually be more efficient in a lot of cases!

They also move very fast. Re-rolling Advances, and Advancing D3+3 so pretty reliably Moving 11" a turn. And provided Helbrecht has made his charge, they get +1 to theirs too.

Could fit into 1k:

Helbrecht (160) - Warlord

Grimaldus (140) - Fires of Devotion, Fervent Acclamation

Primaris Crusader Squad (188) - 1x SB Sword of Judgement & Champion of the Feast, 4x ABR Initiates, 5x Carbine Neos

10 Sword Brethren (220) - 10x Chainswords & pistols

Redemptor (185) - Macro Plasma, OCG, SBs, Rocket Pod

3 Suppressors (100)

993pts, 4CP

Edited by Brother Kraskor

I would upgrade 2 bros to lightning claws for sure. 12 points is worth it for the reroll to wounds, 2 extra attacks and innate ap 2. Also gives them more flexibility and more mileage after taking casualties.

Another fun tactics is to throw abhor the witch on them on turn 1 for an additional 3'' move of your enemy has a psyker. Can really speed them up and might catch an opponent off guard.

I dunno how worthwhile the points/CP would be, but I like the amount of buffs a bladeguard chapter ancient brings to the table.

Can only justify so many characters, but obsec aura warlord trait is nice, +1 to hit for a core unit, +1 to hit bladeguard aura, and the regular banner rule to allow attacks on death.

If only he came with a weapon. Such a huge miss that he doesn’t, but so be it.

I would upgrade 2 bros to lightning claws for sure. 12 points is worth it for the reroll to wounds, 2 extra attacks and innate ap 2. Also gives them more flexibility and more mileage after taking casualties.

Another fun tactics is to throw abhor the witch on them on turn 1 for an additional 3'' move of your enemy has a psyker. Can really speed them up and might catch an opponent off guard.

Yeah I was thinking about Abhor! No reason not to if the enemy has psykers, get some free movement turn 1. And also makes them very tasty for fighting Thousand Sons or the like.