the BIG 9th edition room

Really nice Battle Report, certainly an interesting way to run the templars.

Wish I knew how they made their rock terrain, it looks great.

Edited by SirJyo

So I am going to be trying something soon… but what is more valuable for a 2k list? A venerable dread or a vindicator? I only ran venerabls and they didn’t survive past turn 1 in my 1k games,  and they are the same number of points. Just something I always loved running.

Finally got my box of SB (FLGS didn't get any on release day due to some oddity by GW). And I'm immediately cursing these stupid split hands again. Why ruin a basically perfect kit with such unnecessary anti-magnet nonsense? Argh. There are a few extra melee arms for options, but that's of limited help. Like with the two-handed weapon pose.

Finally got my box of SB (FLGS didn't get any on release day due to some oddity by GW). And I'm immediately cursing these stupid split hands again. Why ruin a basically perfect kit with such unnecessary anti-magnet nonsense? Argh. There are a few extra melee arms for options, but that's of limited help. Like with the two-handed weapon pose.

Yeah i thought that was a weird thing to do. But if you really wanna magnetize them its still pretty easy. Just a little Green stuff should do the trick. Its only a little flat surface you have to do.

Yeah i thought that was a weird thing to do. But if you really wanna magnetize them its still pretty easy. Just a little Green stuff should do the trick. Its only a little flat surface you have to do.

Sculpting mediums are not my friends, as it were. And when half the hand is green stuff or similar and half is plastic, making the magnet hole there is an extra pain in the butt. And then there's the hands where the chains become the problem (I mean without them could just get different hands to put in instead, but having the chains is kinda the point). And/or the hands where the palm side is on the arm rather than the weapon meaning you'd need to do fingers too.

Edited by tvih

speaking of modeling, I just had the insane idea for the combat patrol box. Is there a way to make a suppressor squad out of them? Pop goes the monkey makes jump packs for them, and the only other thing missing is the autocannons, which FW may be able to give us.

Thoughts?

If you took Black Tide to its final conclusion. I wonder what would an opponent do about it? It wouldn't be too much fun to play I'd have thought (lots of dice) but how can you stop a list like this, with 100 Primaris Crusaders:

Primaris Captain (95) - Relic & WL traits to taste

Emperor's Champion (100)

20 Primaris Crusaders (361) - 1x SB, 11x Initiates with Chainswords, 8x Neos with Chainswords

20 Primaris Crusaders (361) - 1x SB, 11x Initiates with Chainswords, 8x Neos with Chainswords

2000pts

After you buy all those extra bits, you’ve potentially spent more than just buying suppressors on eBay would cost.

okay, that is fair.

How about kitbashing sword brothers and blade guard? cause the more I think about it the more I want to at least try it!

If you took Black Tide to its final conclusion. I wonder what would an opponent do about it? It wouldn't be too much fun to play I'd have thought (lots of dice) but how can you stop a list like this, with 100 Primaris Crusaders:

Emperor's Champion (100)

2000pts

While impressive... what is anti-tank going to be? throwing neophytes under the treads?!

also, I think a list like this would benefit from grimaldus and a smaller chaplain or apothecary. still... that many crusaders would be fun to see!

After you buy all those extra bits, you’ve potentially spent more than just buying suppressors on eBay would cost.

okay, that is fair.

How about kitbashing sword brothers and blade guard? cause the more I think about it the more I want to at least try it!

I am doing the SB to BGV conversion and it looks great imo.

Emperor's Champion (100)

2000pts

here is a list just got #3 in a 300 players super GT:

++ Vanguard Detachment -3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Dark Angels) [97 PL, 12CP, 2,000pts] ++

+ Configuration [12CP] +

*Chapter Selector*: Dark Angels

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) [12CP]

Deathwing Vanguard Detachment [3CP]

Detachment Command Cost [-3CP]

+ Stratagems [-1CP] +

Stratagem: Relics of the Chapter [-1CP]: Number of Extra Relics [-1CP]

+ HQ [15 PL, 2CP, 295pts] +

Azrael [8 PL, 2CP, 170pts]: 1. Brilliant Strategist, Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Sword of Secrets, Warlord

. Lion's Wrath: Lion's Wrath - Master-crafted boltgun, Lion's Wrath - Master-crafted Plasma gun

Ezekiel [7 PL, 125pts]: 1) Mind Worm, 5) Engulfing Fear, 6) Mind Wipe, Frag & Krak grenades, The Deliverer, Traitor's Bane

+ Elites [82 PL, -1CP, 1,705pts] +

Bladeguard Ancient [5 PL, -1CP, 85pts]: 5. Decisive Tactician (Aura), Frag & Krak grenades, Heavy Bolt Pistol, Pennant of Remembrance, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter [-1CP]

Deathwing Terminator Squad [18 PL, 380pts]: Watcher in the Dark [5pts]

. Deathwing Sergeant [33pts]

. . Storm Bolter & Power Sword: Power sword, Storm bolter

. Deathwing Terminator [38pts]

. . Storm Bolter & Chainfist [5pts]: Chainfist [5pts], Storm bolter

Deathwing Terminator Squad [18 PL, 380pts]: Watcher in the Dark [5pts]

Deathwing Terminator Squad [18 PL, 375pts]

Ravenwing Apothecary [5 PL, 100pts]: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, The Honor Vehement

. Black Knight Bike: Astartes grenade launcher

Terminator Squad [18 PL, 385pts]: Teleport Homer [5pts]

. Terminator Sergeant [38pts]: Power sword, Storm bolter

. 9x Terminator w/ Chainfist [342pts]: 9x Chainfist, 9x Storm bolter

++ Total: [97 PL, 12CP, 2,000pts] ++

his concept will eat your concept like breakfast.