A small Astra Militarum army.

Inso

No... I would not consider any 3d printing shenanigans with my work... I'm a sculptor, not a graphic designer. I can also sculpt a miniature anywhere, with minimal tools and equipment and have been doing so for over 35 years... and as much as people are in love with the 3d printing revolution, that's their choice but it certainly isn't mine. I enjoy putty pushing and that is the way it will stay. 

If people want to buy my miniatures, they'll have to buy physical models that have been cast... and I hope it never changes.

Just as an aside, some more of the Squats that I have sculpted have just gone up on Kickstarter (I get nothing from the sale or promotion of these)... so if you want to get hold of them, they can be found here :smile.: :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2076383099/sci-fi-dwarves-high-command?fbclid=IwAR3W9He1ekz3NdqMiB8kh8tX89bzLz1-0PvjyLUmnqcGXLQd2kTyI5Xwi8g

Edited by Inso

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So... we now have the "League of Voltann" arriving in the near future...

... rest assured, my little Astra Militarum force of Space Dwarfs will continue to be just that... a proxy Astra Militarum force :) .

Still... it will be nice to have a shiny new Codex to read :) .

• 2 weeks later...
The close combat squad has stalled... as has most of the hobby... but I suddenly had an idea about an Ordnance Officer as an advisor. A little conversion later and I had exactly what I wanted :) :

eJDfluo.jpg

There is a myth about archers showing two fingers to prove they had them... I thought that pushing a button only takes one finger so that's what I went for. It's a one off (not going for casting), mostly because it's a bit offensive... but it is, what it is :) .

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I decided to sculpt the close combat troopers individually... and have now finished the first one of five :) :

HF3MKCI.jpg

I was failing dismally; trying to sculpt them all together so it just made sense to cut things down a bit. I've started on the second one and hope to have him finished by the end of the week :) .

• 2 weeks later...