On 7/12/2022 at 7:36 AM, Mostwanted said:

Stunning work. Well done on your Terminators. You've done well combining the Space Hulk, Dark Angel and blood angel terminator kits to make them look like they all belong together.

I really like your Spartan doors and BA icon as well. I get what you mean about the Demios Rhino doors. But for these I see it as the central blood drop is only attached to one side of the door, so when it closes the Blood drop covers over the join.

Thanks Mostwanted! Yeah was on a terminator binge awhile back and built many of them using all the various bits. Very happy with how they turned out. 

I see what you men about the demios doors though still looks a bit weird. I'll have to take a crack at making something up in Blender as well and see how it goes. :)

9 hours ago, Majkhel said:

Fantastic work on the Chaplain Dread and Terminators!
Loving the stark black-white contrast toned down with browns. And I can't wait to see how you tackle the Kratos :)

Thanks Majkhel! Yes, loving the new HH releases and the plastic kits are a godsend compared to working with resin. Hoping to start on the painting soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Progress report for July! Got some free time this week to work on and finish off the old sternguard veteran squad plastic kit that was put out many years ago. Had these built up and sitting around waiting for paint for years. These definitely took longer than usual given the amount of iconography and flourish bits all over their armor but I'm quite pleased with how it all turned out:

Squad 1:
uVeCzz9.jpg
i8Zwaua.jpg

Squad 2:
TXDwoX8.jpg
LR77GEn.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

With all the HH models coming out, it's renewed my interest in painting up what I have built up in my collection. Switched gears from infantry to walkers was definitely a good change as I found these more enjoyable and "faster" for painting. Just finished up the deredero and contemptor dreads:

c7XXcON.jpg
kxTZPZ6.jpg

• 7 months later...

It's been awhile! Ran out of steam for painting after Aug 2022 but did start up again this year. Just got around to taking some batch photos and here they are in order of completion:

Jan '23

Relic Contemptor Dreadnought - Converted from Emperor's Children dread with BA plastic dread talons. 
Z8xK1pr.jpg

Feb '23

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought - This is the old FW resin kit. Still have a newer plastic kit in my backlog. 
zIPyezK.jpg

Relic Contemptor Dreadnought - This guy I actually bought from Warhammer World during my last visit back in 2018
5yEUcIs.jpg

Captain Thassarius - This is the last model from my Space Marines Heroes Season 1 collection that I had purchased and shipped over from Japan. 
IBd4K5B.jpg

Death Company Contemptor Dreadnought - Converted from the Iron Warriors contemptor. 
5oZthJO.jpg

Terminator Chaplain Tarentus
mEb8gzG.jpg

Terminator Chaplain Bephael
CNx3eGQ.jpg

March '23

Vintage Metal SM Captain
SRhnWOy.jpg

Captain Leonatos - this is actually a very rare model from Black Library. Managed to snag this from ebay though it was missing the head and backpack which I had to kitbash from other bits in my collection. Tried to match the original as close as possible though still keeping my eye out for a complete set for the future. 
3B1nnTN.jpg

Death Company Leviathan Dreadnought - My other FW resin leviathan. Wanted to do a different colour scheme for this one and even though I don't think Death Company wasn't a thing in the heresy, will just have to assume this guy is still around for 40k. Also spent quite a bit of time on this guy doing a skull face painted helm which turned out better than I had anticipated. 
yy8bB2t.jpg

That's all for now. Current painted collection is sitting at 506 models and ~38k points. Depending on when I hit 40k points, I might spend a day getting everything out of storage cases/display cases for another army shot soon!

21 hours ago, Pearson73 said:

Gorgeous work, as per. I particularly like those Contemptors, the IIIrd legion sculpts suit the Blood Angels so well.

Thanks Pearson!

18 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

Lovely work, @eggroll :biggrin: 

The "2nd Ed box art" captain is a nostalgia trip! :smile: 

Thanks Firedrake! Yes I really enjoy doing the older metal models with their original colour schemes. Definitely fits them well and a homage to the past!

On 3/26/2023 at 1:16 PM, Valkia the Bloody said:

Oh wow.

All of them stunning.

I also like what you have done with that old metal marine and great use of a Iron Warriors contemptor.

Thanks Valkia! Yes I'm always amazed at how much "character" the old models still have even if they're not as crisp and detailed as the newer plastics. Definitely hits the nostalgia bone. 

On 3/27/2023 at 1:10 AM, One-eye said:

Good to see you back ! Your Blood angels have so much character to them.

The dreads are especially amazing.

Thanks One-eye!

• 8 months later...

It's been awhile since my last post and I figured it would be good to do an update before the year ends. 

New models painted since my last pictures posted in March:

Captain Verono (Limited Edition Web Exclusive model)
SMhUlDq.png

Captain Acrion
BdadcXD.png

Captain Tobius
mGTltql.png

Captain Olus
uiQO3kl.png

Captain Lorenz
bapbBtK.png

Retro Combat Squad
iCvuDuI.png

Retro Assault Squad
Uh10djK.png

Space Marine Heroes Series 2 Terminator Squad
Pqndvmk.png

BtAa15s.png

Captain Donato (Space Marine Heroes Series 2)
uL5KO1p.png

Death Company
4jzePLZ.png

Mk3 Squad
jVS5OrY.png
JaLQJ6n.png

Mk4 Squad
ds2FbD3.png

Mk6 Squad
amPCNLR.png

Cataphractii Terminator Squad
liuehYX.png

And finally the last model completed of the year...a new in box Rogue Trader era Mk1 Rhino I found on FB marketplace:
A9OdbFl.png

This is somewhat of a year in review post as 2023 turned out to be a good year in terms of painting progress. Did manage to stay busy throughout and finished painting 80 models in total (approx. 3500 pts)! Based on this, my painted collection of models now sits just above 40k points - 40,213 pts based on 8th ed point calcs as I've been too lazy to update my Notion database for tracking the collection. Still have plenty to go and am hoping the SM releases slows down a bit next year for me to catch up from my backlog. 

Anyhow, hope everyone has a happy holidays and New Year!

On 12/26/2023 at 10:38 AM, Firedrake Cordova said:

Absolutely gorgeous :biggrin: 

The extreme highlights on the armour (e.g. on the Verono's power fist), and the way you've rendered the plasma pistol coils is lovely. The power effect on the power weapons isn't bad, either :wink: :thumbsup:

Thanks Cordova!