Heavy Intercessors

L30n1d4s

I really don't know in what world marines needed T5 W3 troops given the rest of the codex as well. If Eradicators are anything to go by, they won't be particularly expensive points-wise either.

As far as I've been able to tell, and as the pattern has shown, GW wants to basically allow players to run entire Primaris armies using the same Mk X variant in each FoC slot.

With Phobos we have:

• 3 HQs (4 if you count the Reiver LT as different from the other one)
  • 2 Troops (infil/incur)
  • 1 Elites (reivers)
  • 1 Heavy Support (elims)
  • 1 dude hanging out in the Impulsors Cupola

For Tacticus:

• Yes HQs
  • 2 Troops (Inter, Assault Inter)
  • 2 Elites (Bladeguard and Vet Intercessors)
  • 1 Fast Attack (Outriders)
  • 1 Heavy Support (Hellblasters)

For Gravis we will have:

• 1 HQ (2 if you count DI)
  • 1 Troops (Heavy Inter)
  • 1 Elites (Aggressors)
  • 1 Fast Attack (Inceptors)
  • 1 Heavy Support (Eradicators)

We also have Suppressors wearing "Omni" who are basically a midway point between a few suit sub-types

Edited by Slips

And the Dreadnoughts and tanks seem to fit with the light/medium/heavy theme.

Looking forward to the heavy Gravis aligned Dreadnought

A heavy Mortis style Redemptor would be amazing! Dual HOGC’s? Las-Talons?

And the Dreadnoughts and tanks seem to fit with the light/medium/heavy theme.

Looking forward to the heavy Gravis aligned Dreadnought

A heavy Mortis style Redemptor would be amazing! Dual HOGC’s? Las-Talons?

Pssst, How small you think! Heavy Laser Destructor on one arm, Redemptor Fist with Twin-Heavy Flamer on the other, 2x chest mounted Heavy Onslought Gatling Canons, 2x shoulder mounted Lastalons, and back mounted Bellicatus Missile Array.

Remember it’s Primaris, you need to mount guns on your guns!!!

........if that monstrosity actually happens I’ll have blown all my luck.

Not so amusing part is the noticeable rise of D2 weapons though. As far as 3W, I can’t imagine what the premium on that is going to cost and with GW, FLG, etc pushing this is going to be the tank and monster meta we are bound to see a rise in the kind of weapons that scoff at 3W models.

It won’t change my play style but certainly looks like a Firstborn Horde could make some hay unit the meta shifts to handling hordes again.

Off the top of my head I can’t think of a ton of 3W weapons. For range the predator and helverin autocannons and for melee thunder hammers and dreadnought/invictor fists.

A sharp rise in Custodes players may add even more preference for 3D weapons. Maybe they’re more common amongst some Xenos factions and doubtlessly there’s some I’m missing but I’m not sure they’ll be able to be fielded in the numbers 2D can.

In any case 3W models are highly inefficient for 2D guns so it’s nice to be able to present profiles that make us less efficient to enemy shooting. Plus if heavy intercessors can come in large squads you’ll be able to buff more wounds with any durability buffs you have access to. Staying alive feels a lot more valuable than killing your opponent in 9th.

Guard has flat D3 relic cannon for the Russ.

Lasfusiles.

The Phobos Captain's sniper rifle.

Master Crafted Stalker Bolt Rifles.

The Saggitarum Custodes gun

The Wit Stealer Sword and Claws on the KoS.

Daemon Axes.

Technically the Heavy Laser Destroyer and Neutron Laser.

That's just off the top of my head, I doubt very much that there aren't others I'm not aware of.

Hmm, those are a few solid ones, but most are relics or character weapons. The HLD and Neutron are highly dedicated AT so if they’re shooting at troops, that’s probably ok if heavy intercessors are decently priced.

I definitely think there will be value to skew lists that are all toughness 5 or higher and 3W with heavy intercessors as gravis troops. I imagine it’d play like shooty custodes with more bodies/wounds but worse saves.

I’m excited to see these heavy Intercessors. I’ve been planning on building small primaris armies for chapters with different color schemes than my Templars and it’ll be nice to have such a flavorful troop choice for an Imperial Fists army.

In theory all a Heavy Intercessor unit really is is just MK 3 armor with proper rules in proper use of boarding armor.

Yes well good luck talking people into counts-as for that- and believe me, I've tried. Also, they should probably have more shields for that.

Gravis is one of the worst visual designs to come out of Primaris and that's saying something so I'm really hoping we can get back to real Space Marines after GW gets the Gravis fixation out of its system.

Or at least jump pack intercessors or something.

Edited by Lucerne

In theory all a Heavy Intercessor unit really is is just MK 3 armor with proper rules in proper use of boarding armor.

Yes well good luck talking people into counts-as for that- and believe me, I've tried. Also, they should probably have more shields for that.

Gravis is one of the worst visual designs to come out of Primaris and that's saying something so I'm really hoping we can get back to real Space Marines after GW gets the Gravis fixation out of its system.

I'd say Gravis looks well enough, the issue is that Aggressors look like complete ass and they're in no way a TEQ replacement. But removing the silly powerfists and ammo belts, and getting rid of the stupid Librarian style cowl does a lot to improve their profile.

https://i.redd.it/xdq4eyye58oz.jpg

I'd say Gravis looks well enough, the issue is that Aggressors look like complete ass and they're in no way a TEQ replacement. But removing the silly powerfists and ammo belts, and getting rid of the stupid Librarian style cowl does a lot to improve their profile.

I mean the question at that point is if you've more or less reinvented the Intercessor, why they need the platform shoes in the first place.

I mean the question at that point is if you've more or less reinvented the Intercessor, why they need the platform shoes in the first place.

So the wolves have heels to dig into the stirrups for their wolf cavalry because they're too primitive to understand bikes. :teehee:

Don't forget the actual belt. I personally found that to improve Gravis a lot in my eyes.

Don't forget the actual belt. I personally found that to improve Gravis a lot in my eyes.

Yeah I don't get the phallic imagery with literal bones hanging off the codpiece considering that marines are mentally gelded and have zero sexual desires to speak of. Statement of power perhaps, but I'd expect marines to leverage that through the more common imagery of musculata than ha ha I've got a bone. Even if just to make them look 'gothic', it's a weird place to stick a reliquary.