Spagunk's HH painting thread

I’m very jealous of your forgeworld legion Dreadnought- have you been saving that in a cupboard for a rainy day?

Beautiful paint job, don’t think I’ve seen one of these in red before.

I have a whole box of stuff that I've been holding on to for painting eventually. It's not a big box mind you but it exists.

I’m very jealous of your forgeworld legion Dreadnought- have you been saving that in a cupboard for a rainy day?

Beautiful paint job, don’t think I’ve seen one of these in red before.

What he said!  I've been scouring eBay for one of those since last summer, to no avail. Well, there was one, but some maniac bid $250 on it after my initial $60.

In the same vein, looks REALLY good!  I love this red and how it comes out every time. Muted so as to not be ostentatious, yet vibrant with enough fanfare, like the legion was known to be. A fantastic duality.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very nice blend of Destroyers/Angel's Tears bits! I like that you used the basic Destroyers bodies and that single mask-helmet makes them much more sinister and in line with the Destroyers' lore in general :thumbsup: 
I also really like the addition of green on their jump-packs.

Are those bases with big chunks of rockrete (especially the one still standing) ready-made or did you make them yourself?

Very nice blend of Destroyers/Angel's Tears bits! I like that you used the basic Destroyers bodies and that single mask-helmet makes them much more sinister and in line with the Destroyers' lore in general :thumbsup: 

I also really like the addition of green on their jump-packs.

Are those bases with big chunks of rockrete (especially the one still standing) ready-made or did you make them yourself?

It's just cork sheets I managed to acquire from somewhere along the years (I have a fair number of sheets). For the rebar stuff, I just superglue used guitar string and try to rough snip them off and bend them while doing so.

The I-Beam is plastic sprue that I sanded/filed down. The ground bricks are from a small spool of what I believe is craft hobby brick for Christmas dioramas.

Edited by Spagunk

Very nice - You've got the 30k BA look just right in my opinion, not just 40k Blood Angels in older armour :smile.:

Thanks, I appreciate the comment. I really latched on to the bit in fluff about HH BA being essentially a lost child/feral before Sanguinius so I wanted to reflect that as much as possible. Makes for a bit more interesting situation than the "extreme loyalty" aspect we've had for years.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...