Spagunk's HH painting thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent Contemptor!
Your color schemes continue to be a fantastic source of inspiration for me :wub: 

Have you been been building highlights with stippling on that big boi? Progressive highlights on the plates look great.

Excellent Contemptor!

Your color schemes continue to be a fantastic source of inspiration for me :wub: 

Have you been been building highlights with stippling on that big boi? Progressive highlights on the plates look great.

Building highlights using drybrushing via makeup brushes. The problem being that unless I heavily invest in the right line of paints, it can be tricky to get the right hue on it. So sometimes it's a bit too light depending on how much I overdo the layer.

Right now, my current paint mix is approximately layer one being 1:3 Vallejo wolf gray to P3 thamar black then layer two being 2:3 wolf gray to black. I certainly could have gone more subtle but I kind of like this level of highlight for whatever reason.

Also, quick shout out to Paturabo for using all his daily likes on my thread :thumbsup: .

In that case you did a reeeeally good job in terms of smoothness of application :thumbsup:  Great drybrushing skills.

If it ever goes too light for your liking, you can always tone it down with thinned-down black contrast/speed paint. Just saying.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...