The Flying 15th - Raptors - [Terminators]

On 4/28/2023 at 8:55 PM, Boc said:

Great looking dynamic pose with a crisp paint job 

I may recommend using a finer brush for the battle damage, the colors for it all are very well done

Thanks allot! I do have fine tipped brushes, but my eye sights not so good, also sometimes I get to into it and rush more than I should haha. I'll just have to practice more.

On another note I finished an older project of mine that's been sitting on my shelf.

Originally an IFV Razorback conversion, I cannibalize the gun to another model so needed something else to put on it. Q getting ahold of a predator turret and so I made this. If I ever find another rouge twin heavy bolter I may modify it to fit this so it's dule purpose.

G6d0OCg.jpeg

QdDs71F.jpeg

Nice work. :smile: I like the mud splatter and weathers on the hazard stripe. One suggestion, if I may - the stripe is weathered, but the chevron and "ordinatus" transfer over the top aren't, which looks a little odd - maybe just lightly encroaching the edge of the chevron with some of the green base where it meets the hazard stripe edge and sits in the green might help pull it all together?

Yeah, it's definitely a case of less is more but it's also so easy to go overboard. :sad: I'd have thought that you could probably leave the chevron alone where it's on the yellow of the stripe, and just add a couple of dings into the outline where it's against the green background. It's probably a case of adding a couple of chips, assessing what you've done, and stopping as early as possible. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Brother-Chaplain Kage said:

Is that decal on the chest from a World of Tanks scale model decal sheet?

I think it's from the 3 ed vehicle transfer sheet.

I have a couple of them around somewehere as well.

22 hours ago, Brother-Chaplain Kage said:

Is that decal on the chest from a World of Tanks scale model decal sheet?

It's from the Astea Militarum Tank transfer sheet. 

Thanks Brothers! I appreciate the kind words.

I always love inspiring others to do conversions of their own. If you ever need advice on how I did something or a conversion idea I'd be glad to help.

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, ZeroWolf said:

Those drop pods look really nice! What payload they carrying? 

It will likely have a squad of Incenerators in one and maybe a squad of Sternguard in the other.

@Shovellovin Thanks allot, it's been the main goal and passion of my models to make them have that personal touch.

The Impulsor looks great - the camo net above the troop compartment is great, and the weathering around the benches is really nice. :smile: 

Converting the hover tank to a wheeled vehicle is an interesting touch, and it works well :smile: (I always thought grav tanks were a bit "Eldary" for Space Marines :laugh:)

• 2 weeks later...