One Last Blade - Icosiel's Grey Knights Videos

Icosiel

• 3 weeks later...

Epic intro, and your video quality has definitely improved from the first time I watched your bat-rep. Hopefully when our codex drops, you'll be able to give the guy a rematch and strike the fear of the Sons of Titan back into him! I have a bit of a question though.. why didn't you deep-strike your Ancient in? 

Epic intro, and your video quality has definitely improved from the first time I watched your bat-rep. Hopefully when our codex drops, you'll be able to give the guy a rematch and strike the fear of the Sons of Titan back into him! I have a bit of a question though.. why didn't you deep-strike your Ancient in? 

Genuinely? I wanted a character in the Storm Raven, and that's it. Thought maybe he'd help out my Terminators some.

Hey Icosiel. That showdown with Draigo and Mortarion was fantastic. Having caught up on most of the One Last Blade videos over the last week, you've continued to improve as a host and as an editor. It's also great seeing someone with a focus on narrative, while still having a strong grasp of the rules. My only question is about special characters: have you ever thought about just using them as 'counts-as' models instead? I've seen many players rename their special character models and come up with their own interesting stories for them. After all, 7E gave names to the chapter's current GMs and BCs. Yet you've done a great job recreating those belonging to the 7th Brotherhood and fleshing them out. Anyway, keep up the top work!

Edited by Oiad

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly Grey Knights material:no: ....... but, I'll allow it, made me laugh:biggrin.:

Nicely played, but I beat you on the Morkanaut:woot:

You did good:thumbsup: but your wife did great. She's a very good sport..... better keep her:yes:

Painted up a Prognosticar!

Wonderfully done! I do have a suggestion though.. I have the same idea, but with a brotherhood champion (using the same sculpt), although with GK terminator pads. I used the Bladeguard underpads (or whatever they are called), and the GK terminator pauldrons went on top of those, pretty snugly. Perhaps that could be worth looking into for a future idea?

Edited by Skywrath

Wonderfully done! I do have a suggestion though.. I have the same idea, but with a brotherhood champion (using the same sculpt), although with GK terminator pads. I used the Bladeguard underpads (or whatever they are called), and the GK terminator pauldrons went on top of those, pretty snugly. Perhaps that could be worth looking into for a future idea?

I think that's a fantastic idea. I'm really excited to see how the Brotherhood Champion is updated with the new Codex, because it's such a great idea for a unit.

This week, I played against the Emperor's Spears! It was an all Primaris force with (thanfully) no Eradicators. But Bladeguard are such a pain to deal with. How have you been handling them in your games?

Just watched the video. Yeesh, Samaris went into full-on beast mode near the end. Considering the trouble Bladeguard have caused you in the past, I wasn't expecting it to end as close as it did. It'll be interesting to see what your win-rate is like once the new codex finally drops.

EDIT: Apologies. Simandus, not Samaris.

Edited by Oiad

Just watched the video. Yeesh, Samaris went into full-on beast mode near the end. Considering the trouble Bladeguard have caused you in the past, I wasn't expecting it to end as close as it did. It'll be interesting to see what your win-rate is like once the new codex finally drops.

I am so excited, you have no idea.

• 2 weeks later...

[/url]
Purgation team with psilencers, chaplain buff, tide of convergence, and if you can ethereal manipulation, albeit you would need to be within 12”. So that is the following.

24 str 6 -2, 1d3+1 damage. Re-rolling hits within 12”…..

You should be able to get them down to there 4 up invulnerable save. If they are in cover throw astral aim on the team and bye bye cover save. I would use some psycannons as a distraction on another primaris unit to draw out transhuman but if if that doesn’t work you should be able to kill at least three which will neuter the unit.

Edited by Grimlock

Another good video, Icosiel, hopefully when our dex drops, a lot of good changes will be in store for us. However, for the love of god man, please invest in some new dice! These dice constantly betray you it seems :wink: I even got a few GK specific dice from a website, which roll pretty damn well, if you are interested haha

Edited by Skywrath

Looking forward to your thoughts on the new codex. I think you're coming at this with the right balance of optimism and clear thought:yes: I'm also looking forward to your Hexfire scenarios...... You just might convince me to pick it up after all:wink:

• 2 weeks later...