Warhammer Imperium Issue List

Black Knight

I would think that if you buy all from Darksphere you won't get a single one until the last one in the order is available to be sent, so you would be better ordering multiple issues in batches so that they come at intervals.

They mentioned on their fb that they expect people to make bulk purchases and then, when they make other orders, they will be transferred to the new orders. 

I just found an absolute bundle of issue 1 in the wild. I picked up 2 for the boy and his friend to entertain them over the weekend. 

Edited by MrSpoon

Do we know what the street day for each issue will be yet? As in, will it release every Monday etc?

It's Wednesday each week, and Issue 1 is already out. What I'm not clear on is if next Wednesday (1 Sep) will see Issue 2, because as far as I remember for Conquest and Mortal Realms the first issue was out for two weeks before the second one arrived.

• 2 weeks later...

So one thing I’m still unclear on, and apologies if it’s been AAA already, but do you need to pay up front for everything? Can you pick and choose what issues you do buy? If you don’t buy every issue, do you miss out on the additional army bonuses or supply bonuses?

I’m waiting for the US version to drop; I’m assuming it will be run the same way as our UK brethren?

I'm going to answer based purely on how it's worked in the past in the UK;

There are 80 issues which release to stores on a weekly basis; subscribers receive these issues by mail grouped into small batches. There's an initial batch of 2 issues, then 19 batches of 4 issues each, then a final batch of 2 issues. You get billed for each batch in sequence, so you get billed for issues 1&2 which then ship out, then four weeks later billed for issues 3,4,5,6, then four weeks after that billed for issues 7,8,9,10 and so on.

If you subscribe you don't get to choose which issues you receive, you get them all and you get charged for them all. I presume you have the option to return any issues you don't want for a full refund (you can do this in the UK but I'm not sure on the laws in the US), but you can't preemptively stop them from being sent and avoid being billed for them. (You can however just cancel your subscription at any point so you don't pay for or receive anything further).

The benefit of subscribing is that you are guaranteed a copy of every issue, and you get a number of gift packs along the way (this typically includes some GW brushes, glue, modeling clippers, paint handle, stuff like that). The downside is that you can't choose to skip issues that you aren't interested in or don't represent as good value.

If you don't subscribe and you want to try to just target specific issues, you have to go into the melee to try and get a copy when it becomes available it's street date. As with any other GW product, some issues will be highly sought after and heavily scalped (watch out for Issue 5 with the exclusive Captain, and whatever the issue is which will have Necron Royal Court on for a fraction of it's GW retail price)

Finally, if you do subscribe, watch the small print. Subscribing has a few non-optional extra charges like ring-binders to keep the magazines in, and they will occasionally "automatically reserve" optional items at extra cost for you, that you have to opt out of receiving and being charged for.

EDIT - On an unrelated note to the above, I've been dropping in to my local WHSmith this week and they keep replenishing copies of Issue 1 so there's plenty of them flying around. I picked up a couple of extra copies as I thought I'd use the Royal Wardens as the basis for a few kitbashed characters.

Edited by Halandaar

So one thing I’m still unclear on, and apologies if it’s been AAA already, but do you need to pay up front for everything? Can you pick and choose what issues you do buy? If you don’t buy every issue, do you miss out on the additional army bonuses or supply bonuses?

I’m waiting for the US version to drop; I’m assuming it will be run the same way as our UK brethren?

I'm going to answer based purely on how it's worked in the past in the UK;

There are 80 issues which release to stores on a weekly basis; subscribers receive these issues by mail grouped into small batches. There's an initial batch of 2 issues, then 19 batches of 4 issues each, then a final batch of 2 issues. You get billed for each batch in sequence, so you get billed for issues 1&2 which then ship out, then four weeks later billed for issues 3,4,5,6, then four weeks after that billed for issues 7,8,9,10 and so on.

If you subscribe you don't get to choose which issues you receive, you get them all and you get charged for them all. I presume you have the option to return any issues you don't want for a full refund (you can do this in the UK but I'm not sure on the laws in the US), but you can't preemptively stop them from being sent and avoid being billed for them. (You can however just cancel your subscription at any point so you don't pay for or receive anything further).

The benefit of subscribing is that you are guaranteed a copy of every issue, and you get a number of gift packs along the way (this typically includes some GW brushes, glue, modeling clippers, paint handle, stuff like that). The downside is that you can't choose to skip issues that you aren't interested in or don't represent as good value.

If you don't subscribe and you want to try to just target specific issues, you have to go into the melee to try and get a copy when it becomes available it's street date. As with any other GW product, some issues will be highly sought after and heavily scalped (watch out for Issue 5 with the exclusive Captain, and whatever the issue is which will have Necron Royal Court on for a fraction of it's GW retail price)

Finally, if you do subscribe, watch the small print. Subscribing has a few non-optional extra charges like ring-binders to keep the magazines in, and they will occasionally "automatically reserve" optional items at extra cost for you, that you have to opt out of receiving and being charged for.

EDIT - On an unrelated note to the above, I've been dropping in to my local WHSmith this week and they keep replenishing copies of Issue 1 so there's plenty of them flying around. I picked up a couple of extra copies as I thought I'd use the Royal Wardens as the basis for a few kitbashed characters.

Thanks so much for taking the time for the write up and info Halandaar. Very much appreciated, and very helpful.

Unsure on the UK / US, but in Oz, you're only charged after they've actually been delivered.

The only thing I can say is when you get the invoice in the delivery make sure that you look at the amount needed to pay and that the subscription number matches. When I first started the Conquest Subscription they made a mistake changing my sub from normal to premium and I had two subs running. One was a ghost in the system and I started to get letters about needing to pay even though I had. Even when I rang them they couldn't see the ghost sub at all. They threatened to send the debt collectors after me until I rang Head office and someone who is paid a lot more than me had to apologise and sort it out. Thing is I know exactly how that ghost sub was created in the database and I cringe that it was possible.

So if you just sub normally everything should be golden but if you change your sub from normal to premium or vise versa keep an eye on your mail from them. I already have had problems with Imperium where I was told I was downgraded to normal only to find my sub was cancelled.

After that little problem the Direct Debit was fine and they took the money a few days after it was dispatched.

Edited by Black_Knight

Updated the OP with the newly released Front covers of 5, 6, 7 and 8.

Forbidden Planet seems to have all but the 5th issue in stock again if anyone is interested.

I've purcashed a couple of issues from Forbidden Planet on pre-order. One being the Necron Lord Issue 8, but was lucky to be quick enough to get an issue 5 captain! That was back on 19th August, and if I remember correctly that issue sold out a day or so later. 

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for upcoming issues as well as FP to pick up any issues I would like and hope to get some of the 'special' issues! 

Random idea. There seem to be hundreds of Royal Wardens about, maybe we could use them as particularly ornate Immortals since they are armed with Gauss Blasters. I know it would be a monopose squad but Necrons are one of those armies where monopose doesn't look too bad as they are robots acting in sync.

Random idea. There seem to be hundreds of Royal Wardens about, maybe we could use them as particularly ornate Immortals since they are armed with Gauss Blasters. I know it would be a monopose squad but Necrons are one of those armies where monopose doesn't look too bad as they are robots acting in sync.

I don't see why not if you've picked up enough of them!

My plan is to use their slightly larger frame and tactical-rock-commander-pose as the basis for plastic versions of some of the named characters; I wouldn't be running more than one of them at the same time anyway so them having the same underlying body wouldn't be too much of an issue.

I picked up two spare copies of issue 1 in Middlesbrough last week for me and a relative's coworker, and two copies of issue 2 (planning on running two fifteen-strong Warrior squads) from the WH Smith there, and one of the staff members said that unlike Conquest, where they just sold out, they've ended up sending a lot of issue 1 back to their warehouse because people aren't buying. Wouldn't take it as gospel, but interesting in the contrast to Conquest.

I grabbed ten with the idea of using the Lts as conversion fodder (DA!) and plan on getting two of the Immortal sets with the intention of using the spare Warden bodies to make two 10-man squads of each build.

to be fair, I think everyone forgets how good Issue 1 of Conquest and Mortal Realms, MR in particular was an exceptionally strong issue 1. Conquest not only had models (3x Intercessors) but also had a starter brush and 3 paints that get used quite a bit (Abaddon Black, Retributor Armour, and Macragge Blue). For Imperium, unless you have an interest in both Marines and Necrons, you only get a single model. They're sweet models, don't get me wrong, but the perceived value when compared to other Issue 1's isn't as great. I think a lot of us are waiting on later issues; 4 for the Destroyers, 5 for the Primaris Captain, 6 for the Aggressors.

I picked up two spare copies of issue 1 in Middlesbrough last week for me and a relative's coworker, and two copies of issue 2 (planning on running two fifteen-strong Warrior squads) from the WH Smith there, and one of the staff members said that unlike Conquest, where they just sold out, they've ended up sending a lot of issue 1 back to their warehouse because people aren't buying. Wouldn't take it as gospel, but interesting in the contrast to Conquest.

The difference between a HQ you can only do so much with and some Intercessors that can make up an entire part of an army. Those three intercessors, if you had some arms could make 3-4 10man groups if you squinted a little.

The reivers were similar in that you could make up quite a few poses with them.

Edited by Black_Knight

Yeah there were a few anecdotal claims of people buying as many as 10 copies of Conquest #1 because 30 Intercessors for that little money was outrageous. Same with Mortal Realms wherrw you were getting a unit you want to run in big quantities for about 10% of its normal retail price.

Imperium is good value in its own way, but not so much so that it appeals in mass quantities (imo).

If it isn't selling as well as Conquest or MR, I'm kind of happy at that, for the reason that - due to changing job, and changes around home working due to Covid - I can't physically get to WH Smiths to pick up the individual issues I need anymore. If they're not selling out in shops, then I'll have more chance of getting the issues I want when ordering online :) Edited by firestorm40k

If it isn't selling as well as Conquest or MR, I'm kind of happy at that, for the reason that - due to changing job, and changes around home working due to Covid - I can't physically get to WH Smiths to pick up the individual issues I need anymore. If they're not selling out in shops, then I'll have more chance of getting the issues I want when ordering online :)

Without wishing to be overly pessimistic, I wouldn't bank on Imperium being easier to get hold of than Conquest was in the long run. I think it's just that the particular models on Imperium #1 are less suitable for bulk purchasing than the #1s of Conquest and Mortal Realms were, which is why there are still copies out there.

Arguably, making this version less appealing to existing hobbyists to ensure it's readily available to genuine newcomers is a good thing.

If it isn't selling as well as Conquest or MR, I'm kind of happy at that, for the reason that - due to changing job, and changes around home working due to Covid - I can't physically get to WH Smiths to pick up the individual issues I need anymore. If they're not selling out in shops, then I'll have more chance of getting the issues I want when ordering online :smile.:

Without wishing to be overly pessimistic, I wouldn't bank on Imperium being easier to get hold of than Conquest was in the long run. I think it's just that the particular models on Imperium #1 are less suitable for bulk purchasing than the #1s of Conquest and Mortal Realms were, which is why there are still copies out there.

Arguably, making this version less appealing to existing hobbyists to ensure it's readily available to genuine newcomers is a good thing.

idk man, 5 5-man Blade Guard and a unit of 10 Immortals for £30 is nothing to sniff at if you're a convertor.