Warhammer Imperium Issue List

Black Knight

Anyone seen issue 1 in the wild yet? Or had a delivery from the subscription?

Negative for me on both counts, and I'm keen to get my fix

They have definitely been out this week, m_r_parker reported picking one up in the thread in News & Rumours, and it looks the trial is running in a much wider area than was the case for both Conquest and Mortal Realms so it might be worth checking your local newsagent / WH Smith / supermarket with magazine section.

Edited by Halandaar

So will they be resetting this trial run and starting it again from issue 1 in the coming months?

Almost certainly. The pattern of both previous partworks has been the same: the first four issues get released in certain areas, then after that the whole collection gets stopped, subscribers get contacted to let them know the collection is on hold pending nationwide launch, then about 5-6 months later it launches (from issue 1) nationwide with TV ad support and subscribers start receiving their batches. 

Says he wouldnt do it, just has one quick look at the whole collection, sees pipes and storage containers, subbed to premium... 

Dammit. 

Gonna have fun slicing up all those damn smurfs and turning them into Chaos Marines. Guilliman will make a pretty Word Bearers Daemon Prince. 

Only thing out of all of this I wont have a use for is the Necrons and Tau bits, so I can make a little bit of my money back I guess by selling it on. 

• 3 weeks later...

**Edited, please see Black_Knight's post below, I was a little hasty in suggesting a merge or lock for the other thread :smile.:  I hadn't meant to suggest this post was wasting away, just that it was slipping off the radar and people were missing the information that's been posted here.

Edited by infyrana

This thread is the information dump that we know, its not a theory or rumour thread. Both have different jobs and this one will continue well into the lifetime of the subscription as we find out what's in the issues. The other thread is for all the juicy bits before it is released.

This thread isn't wasting away, it becomes a lot more active when the subscription releases. There's a lot of people waiting to pounce :D as soon as we have concrete info.

Edited by Black_Knight

As an update will finish off the Necron run down and add links for the US release by the end of today, my eye has been playing up so I have not been as active but its better now.

Did anyone from US who signed up get a confirmation email or the ability to sign up for an account? I havent gotten either. My cards been charged the $16.90USD already.

I was wondering the same thing.  Same situation for me (signed up first day and saved screenshot just in case -- order# 465 it looks like)

Checked spam folders and nothing was found either.

Being charged already is definitely not the normal way of things, Hachette do not charge until the full release and usually make the first delivery of two issues free for those that signed up, as a thank you. Perhaps you will be the first release this time around? I doubt it is Hachette doing it over there so whoever is must charge strait away?

Also it might be a delay due to Easter? I know over here in Germany everything shuts down on holidays, there aint no Sunday shopping/business here like I am used to in the UK.

Same situation here- signed up, got charged the $16.90 the next day, no email confirmation or communication yet. I'm hoping they are just a little back-logged.

This was my thought as well. I'm sure they got hit really hard with the US subs. I think they've underestimated how popular it was going to be.

I am emailing their contact email, and I'll post here a reply if any. Hope things are ok.

Most likely they were swarmed with subscribers and had to re-evaluate the resources needed to put out the magazine- originally taking the money and probably figuring that they could just roll out the US release simultaneously with the UK, without too much extra effort but now back-peddling after a reevaluation.

I think they probably did something like evaluate the US market as (UK times X% more) but didn't get a really good evaluation of the US player interest. The US market for this sort of thing is huge, and Hachette hasn't really done a lot of business in the US before. So my thoughts are that they under-estimated the possible subscribers that they would get and now have to push back the US release because Hachette will have to make more mags and GW more models than they originally thought.

Edited by Lord_Ikka

As long as they keep me in the system as a subber, and still deliver; they can keep the money they've taken from me even if it doesn't start till next year. If it helps their US release, all the better IMHO.

I know I am probably in the minority, but whatever. I'm in, no matter what they decide. I just hope it happens.