Warhammer Imperium Issue List

Black Knight

You are now able to subscribe to the USA Imperium subscription via the Imperium site as a preorder.

https://warhammer40000imperium-usa.com/product/warhammer-40000-imperium-pack-1-start/

Cost, aside from the first month, will be $62.75 per month ($13.95 per issue) with the premium subscription costing an extra $12 per month (to get the four premium boxs for CSM, Tyranids, Tau, and Orks). You will also get the first of four binders for free, with the other three costing $9.99, and those can be canceled when they are about to be shipped without messing up your subscription.

According to the site, you will be able to track your shipments (given the issues with the UK rollout, I am a bit skeptical about that). Issues 1-3 will start shipping to subscribers on January 26th. It does also state that the magazines will be available in stores starting the 26th, but does not state at what stores.

Has that not gone up $2 per month since it was originally announced? IIRC the test period had Issue 1 at $4.95 and everything else at $11.95?

If so, US people are looking at $160 extra over the course of the subscription, which starts to cut into the savings quite a bit. Assuming that everything else on Fauxhammer's calculations are right, that brings the savings on the US subscription down from a 45% saving on the cost, to a 37.5% saving.

Has that not gone up $2 per month since it was originally announced? IIRC the test period had Issue 1 at $4.95 and everything else at $11.95?

If so, US people are looking at $160 extra over the course of the subscription, which starts to cut into the savings quite a bit. Assuming that everything else on Fauxhammer's calculations are right, that brings the savings on the US subscription down from a 45% saving on the cost, to a 37.5% saving.

I believe it has gone up for the US- just based on my initial calculations (since we only got the discounted, two-issue trial run and never got a firm price on the regular stuff we had to go off of currency conversions for what the UK were getting) we are charged roughly $6-7 more per month than initially planned. Still a decent deal for me, as I will be able to sell off the terrain, AdMech, and SoB to defray the costs, but understandably a little disappointing for some. 

Frankly, my wife is happy that my hobby spending will now be fairly fixed rather than fluctuating each month...

fun fun fun....

I had an email from Darksphere yesterday that I've only just seen:

"Imperium Magazine Issue 15 :   The UK distributor informed us this afternoon that they will not be receiving the number of copies they were expecting for this issue therefore (despite the fact that they had confirmed multiple times the volume we will be receiving) we will only in fact be receiving about a fifth of the expected number.

Unfortunately this means that we will not be able to fulfil your preorder and this item will have to be refunded. 

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause."

Very annoying but obviously not their fault and I'm pleased they've been in contact quickly about this (vs hachette themselves who've not got the best track record on this)

I'm pretty sure I saw they had something like 1250 issues due in at one point so there's going to be a lot of disappointed muttering out there.

ordered mid November 

1x issue 8 

1x issue 13

1x issue 15

Plus some other stuff.

Still waiting on issue 13 for them to compete the order and send it.

Clearly they had issues sending out the emails as I had 3 from them, two blank but with their email address repeated loads of times then the one with the above.

So a person on Facebook is claiming that Dark Sphere are going to stop selling Imperium after Issue 18: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2163926750318187/?multi_permalinks=4957628284281339

I've asked if he can share a screenshot of the actual email he received, but thought it would be worth mentioning here straight away.

Additionally, Dark Sphere is no longer showing any issues past 18 on their website: https://www.darksphere.co.uk/c.php?c=2310

Makes sense if the distributor is messing them around, you have to balance potential profits against trouble/reputational damage.

EDIT

Similarly, it might just be my Forbidden planet but are they not selling Imperium in store? 

Edited by Noserenda

Makes sense if the distributor is messing them around, you have to balance potential profits against trouble/reputational damage.

EDIT

Similarly, it might just be my Forbidden planet but are they not selling Imperium in store?

My local FP is just doing standing order/subscription only ie no conventional stocking of issues

Yeah the Southampton FP had every issue of Conquest and Mortal realms, still has a few of the later/less desirable ones in fact, but every time i pop in no Imperium, i figured they would have sold out but now there have been a bunch of paint issues and the like.

From memory, it was like that with Conquest - the main Forbidden Planet in London stocked everything, the smaller regional FPs didn’t carry it at all.

I went in the main London one a lot and certain issues were still very hard to get in person. Croydon FP definitely stocked issues the few times I went in.

Rare I go near either of them these days to know what they are like now though.