Warhammer Imperium Issue List

Black Knight

The Kataphron dream dies...

I wonder what this implies for future releases like the Invader? I would sort of expect that to be split across 2 issues but with early stuff being split I wonder if they will start running out of issues to split things across.

If I remember right, (GW store is down atm so can't check), only one of the three Kataphron sprues can build a complete model as all 6 front loops are on one frame. Can anyone recall if any other bits are similarly mis-distributed?

Character set sounds interesting and definitely better than some of the stuff they have given us in the past.

vindication-brooklyn.gif

Sorry, sorry. It was too good to be true from the very moment it was speculated on.

It was a joke, why are you dunking on something that was obviously one, does it make you feel better?

What do we reckon the chances of issue # 25 (the one with Immortals in it) will ever be seen in stock? (it's "currently unavailable" on Forbidden Planet, with newer and older pre-orders still being orderable, so I assume it's been "popular") :sad.:

I think I got a copy from a random WHSmith, I really doubt they will restock that issue on the big stores but you might be able to find a news agent to reserve it from.

I wonder what this implies for future releases like the Invader? I would sort of expect that to be split across 2 issues but with early stuff being split I wonder if they will start running out of issues to split things across.

Hmm I will check when the sites back up but I thought all the sprues were able to be built solo. If that's not the case then it looks like we may get two in an issue. They are definitely running low on issues if they are splitting everything. They have lost two issues just on the Warriors alone.

Character set sounds interesting and definitely better than some of the stuff they have given us in the past.

vindication-brooklyn.gif

Sorry, sorry. It was too good to be true from the very moment it was speculated on.

It was a joke, why are you dunking on something that was obviously one, does it make you feel better?

You may have to spell out for me what was "obviously" a joke.

While you're at it, you may also want to consider how seriously you take an obviously tongue in cheek reference to a point of discussion that's been going nearly a year now.

The joke of hoping we would get all three Kataphrons in an issue, I don't think anyone thought it would happen but it was a little fun some of us had. 

Then the moment it is verified you come in with "VINDICATION" and I was right. It was a joke, we never thought you weren't going to be right but I definitely knew you would let us know that you were, you always do.

I have now withdrawn from almost all conversation on this forum because you can't have a simple conversation or some banter without someone coming in and trying to dunk on what someone has just written. I see your name a lot of the time, its always the last one to speak, never gives up and gives off a huge "I am right" aura. No one cares if your right when you have to tell us all the time.

http://cdn.ecommercedns.uk/files/6/244666/7/16146267/20210907-141512.jpg

Best pic I can find of the Kataphrons Cleon, I will now check it out.

EDIT: From what I can see top of the backpacks are on one sprue, Plasma canisters on two of them and the front loops for towing on just one too.

Edited by Black_Knight

I think the top of the backpacks are fine - it looks like they are the bits in the v of the track unit, are the bits you are thinking are the tops of the backpacks the top left of the middle frame? if so those are the exhaust pipes parts 34 and 35 based on the instructions here https://imgur.com/a/bs3MX

That gives (as far as I can tell you've picked up everything):

The right frame makes a complete Kataphron,

The left frame makes a Kataphron, minus the tow hooks from the right

The centre frame makes a Kataphron, minus the tow hooks but you can't build the plasma cannon without the bottles from one of the other two frames.

It would make a lot more sense if those two things are the exhausts, I couldn't find the third one on the sprue and I remember when I built mine that one of the exhausts on the back was different to the others.

I just hope we can get info on the second/third issue in the next lot of content reveals.

2 x 8.99 = 17.98 

3 x 8.99 = 26.97

From a FLGS at 20% off = ~27.60

Focslain and DemonGSides, I am not sure if anyone here has ever seen a tracking number for Hachette's subscriptions. They use the cheapest service possible and can sometimes take up to two weeks to arrive. Normally you'll get it in a week if there are no issues.

I never fully expected it, tbh, but their own FAQ mentions it so I figured I'd mention the contrary in case anyone else was looking.  Just more data for the pile :P

31-34 has the first issues I’ve wanted in a while so will define to be preordering the terrain.

Thanks for the tip on extras RWJP. I’d been hoping novellas were involved as a special issue as I quite like the ones Hachette did for Conquest and Mortal Realms. The character pack sounds intriguing.

It would make a lot more sense if those two things are the exhausts, I couldn't find the third one on the sprue and I remember when I built mine that one of the exhausts on the back was different to the others.

I just hope we can get info on the second/third issue in the next lot of content reveals.

2 x 8.99 = 17.98

3 x 8.99 = 26.97

From a FLGS at 20% off = ~27.60

I’m not saying they definitely will, but they COULD put the other two frames together rather than spread them across 3 issues. In Conquest the SM Bikers were split that way, 2 in 1 issue, 1 in another, although they did that with the 2 first.

So not saying that will happen, but there is precedent

Yeah a few things are going to have to be more than one sprue to an issue because although they do have enough remaining mags to put just a single sprue on every one if they chose to, I can't imagine there won't be any more paint-only issues.

As AdRoc points out bikers were split 2/1 in Conquest rather than 1/1/1 and it was the same for Skitarii this time around, so it seems plausible that Praetorians, Tomb Blades, Wraiths and yes even Kataphrons could all be treated the same. Deathmarks/Immortals were already 2 sprues to an issue earlier on so will probably be the same the second time around, so straight away that frees up several issues just for paint meaning they could still have stuff like the ATV, Guilliman etc spread over multiple issues without running out of room.

Just came across this post on reddit that should be of interest: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/sojd1j/warhammer_imperium_extras/

Apparently the poster has spoken to Hachette and been told that the next two "extras" will be a Novella Duo and Character Pack, both costing £24.99.

What the heck is a Character Pack?

Just came across this post on reddit that should be of interest: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/sojd1j/warhammer_imperium_extras/

Apparently the poster has spoken to Hachette and been told that the next two "extras" will be a Novella Duo and Character Pack, both costing £24.99.

What the heck is a Character Pack?

Conquest had a 5-man squad of multipart Intercessors with some extra paints and a painting guide, might be something like that except with a single character mini?

I’m not saying they definitely will, but they COULD put the other two frames together rather than spread them across 3 issues. In Conquest the SM Bikers were split that way, 2 in 1 issue, 1 in another, although they did that with the 2 first.

So not saying that will happen, but there is precedent

Yeah that's why I put the two prices there. If they put the last two together the whole set of servitors will be 2 x 8.99 = £17.98 and a complete bargain. If they spread it out to one per issue then all three issues(3 x 8.99 = £26.97) is so close to FLGS prices(~£27.60) it will be up to the collector if its worth it.

As much as I like to know what we are getting, the rumours of a Character Pack and what it might be, make collecting a lot more fun.

Edited by Black_Knight

Speculation only: there's one sprue for Indomitus that's not included in the magazines, with the Ancient, Chaplain etc. Maybe that? Just speculation.

That sprue is currently sold by GW for £89 as the Honoured of the Chapter pack. If they put that in a £8.99 magazine I would swipe every copy I could lay my hands on! :biggrin.:

The extras are offered ontop of the normal magazine and usually go for anything from £20- £35. I wish they were £8.99 ;D

Although at some point in Conquest Hachette were trying to get rid of the paint/model set, which was £35, for £18. People were ringing up the hotline and getting a very good deal.

Anyone got the price for the Art Book some got last delivery? Was it £20?

Did any other US subscriber also not receive the "free model kit" in their first pack? Was this changed to the second pack or do I need to contact Agora/Hachette? Edited by Lord_Ikka