=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

Dosjetka, you madman, how many gangers is that this month?

Focslain, how many more Knights do you have? It seems like every other month it is another one. And the summary picture for ma while back was already a lot.

Progress update, in which I learned that Mechanicus Standard Grey spray and paint are not the same colour. Not natural variations of the same paint, or shades on a spectrum depending on what colour is underneath, or atmospherics and all that you can get with some spray verses pot variations. They are actually distinct colours. The spray has a blue-green-turquoise element to the grey (still visible on the shield, gun and base) and the pot was more neural grey. Unless either my pot or spray is so badly mixed (despite lengthy shaking of both) that it is just bad luck.

gallery_29932_13153_14557.jpg

Focslain, how many more Knights do you have? It seems like every other month it is another one. And the summary picture for ma while back was already a lot.

Well....

So on the not built list, not including the preceptor on this month's ducit. I have:

5 Questoris on sprue (3 Canis Rex boxes, 1 Renagade set)

1 Valiant (NIB)

4 Warglaives (NIB)

4 Helverins (NIB)

Of these the valiant and four questoris are spoken for (I know what I want to do with them) as well as four of the armigars.

Completed I have last count:

1 Dominus

8 Questoris

27 armigars

I also have a gallant that is in the late stages of completion, she's good to hit the field, but not fully done with what I want it to be.

I'm not even done either. Just the main house I planned to have one of each class of knight plus at least 2 armigars each. There are 16 classes of knights (including he FW versions) so that is 32 armigars, rounding up to 36 to keep my squads even.

Attached to that is 6 'light' lances (1 questoris/dominus plus 3 armigars) of varing themes (I have 3 planned out)

And the 4 freeblades attached to my wolves. Of which two are done and 1 I have the pieces for.

I also have a 2 light lances group specifically for tournaments.

Update, got the back and hand sword holder figured out, only took frakking up two thunderfists to get the hand right.

20210307 214159[1]

20210307 214309[1]

Also here are the weapons for the armigar, I'll be getting him together later this week.

20210307 214331[1]

Edited by Focslain

:jawdrop: No wonder it feels like there is another knight on your table every few weeks. I knew from the Iron Gauntlet stuff that you planned on doing fluff for the household plus allies. But I had not grasp you where actually building all of them as well.

:jawdrop: No wonder it feels like there is another knight on your table every few weeks. I knew from the Iron Gauntlet stuff that you planned on doing fluff for the household plus allies. But I had not grasp you where actually building all of them as well.

Well them and the admech that service them. I've had the parts for the custom Cawl for two years now, just haven't had the motivation to build/paint her. The armigars I have to reorganize so I can just swap out foam tray each time I go out to game as I'm using the crusade system to help in developing the fluff of the pilots (outside of a few key members). 

I'll have hit the PNR if the light novel part of this project gets off the ground. Which considering all things won't happen. 

Dosjetka, you madman, how many gangers is that this month?

One last month, two this month so it's not all that many. I just managed to bang them out in quick succession. :smile.: I'm struggling with the fourth one though so I haven't vowed it: don't want to ruin my chances of getting that speed daemon title. :ph34r.:

Hey @Grotsmasha can I get a random roll for my march vow... kinda inbetween projects...Cheers

A 1 and a 4, Deathwatch or Craftworld Eldar / Harlequins

Well..... had thought initially to go with eldar, never painted one before i dont think, so ordered a lovely model ... from russia!... not sure it'll even be here by months end... so save that for next month if thats ok?

Instead I bought one of these bad boys...

IMG-20210310-104215-1.jpg

and already got to chopping...

So I, TBD, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of March pledge to complete 1 Super sized Marine by month's end.

My vacation just started. There's going to be a lot of stuff going down this week.

I need 6 battle board tiles finished by Thursday in order to play the second campaign round next weekend. That would be 1/3 of my Plodding Along vow. I also need to finish the second team of Threshers for that game- it was never a formal vow, but it is something I want to do; the before pic is already up, so I want to follow through. It'll also make for a better batrep.

In terms of my vow for March, the test model isn't 100% done yet, but I do think I've found a paint scheme.

I'm just about to set up for some painting, so I should have pics soon.

Alrighty then, February Summary is ready for your perusal :tu:

Oh munificent Grotsmasha! I see you have granted me a badge for my (ahem) late swap of the pledged model. You are truly gracious.

For March I pledge again the unfinished Heresy-Era Dark Angel. And let’s see if I can really keep up a model a month!

Just finished the second part of my vow for march : 3 aggressors done

4vityKgl.jpg

qW1DBI5l.jpg

7tjxQWtl.jpg

kdhhYOzl.jpg

50rh3BUl.jpg

qhytuXvl.jpg

CSmnx9Tl.jpg

HJrx1Sdl.jpg

sfWR6lgl.jpg

uvUAq3Al.jpg

Since the challenge kinda has me on a roll, I'll vow another model for the month of March, the last of my primed models that I want to tackle before starting to build / prime the rest of the Conquest marines.

I Heraclite, embark on the 12 months of hobby challenge and for the month of March vow to paint a Primaris Captain in Gravis armor :

3mIP06Sl.jpg

Imgur is being weird so I can't get to the page that lets me resize images as part of forum linking. I'm putting images in spoilers.

Here's the March vow:

The whole group

rbZxt0w.jpg

Order of the Disjointing Knife, formerly a member of the Host of Bone

fr5LyT2.jpg

Dreadwing

705pGNN.jpg

Stormwing

0jtXWXI.jpg

mLJIdBp.jpg

Order of Shattered Crowns and Deathwing

pHM7gAf.jpg

And my last vow is done as well! This challenge is really good for motivation. with this guy, I've finally finished painting all the models I primed last summer! (well, at least the space marine side of primed model, I still have a whole death guard force to paint...)

wVHpd7gl.jpg

sorry for the shadowy pic, the morning sun through the window doesn't really help...

ZE60b3Fl.jpg

KlplFgxl.jpg

5wn6C9sl.jpg

guess I'll have to focus on finishing terrain now!

And my last vow is done as well! This challenge is really good for motivation. with this guy, I've finally finished painting all the models I primed last summer! (well, at least the space marine side of primed model, I still have a whole death guard force to paint...)

wVHpd7gl.jpg

sorry for the shadowy pic, the morning sun through the window doesn't really help...

ZE60b3Fl.jpg

KlplFgxl.jpg

5wn6C9sl.jpg

guess I'll have to focus on finishing terrain now!

It's great to see that the Challenge has your hobby mojo going :tu:

A model a month, that's the goal.
Unfortunately, I've only had two days off in the last month, so not only am I exhausted, I don't have much time to actually paint anything in the foreseeable future. :sweat:

On the other hand, one of those days off I mentioned is today, and I have a few half-painted models just for occasions like this. :biggrin.: Almost like I planned it, but I won't pretend I'm that well-prepared. :laugh.:
That said, here we go:

I, Ace Debonair, hereby embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of March, I pledge to complete One (1) Poxwalker of the Hollow Knights Warband by month's end!

gallery_46204_9220_189987.jpg

I suspect the above sprue is going to represent the bulk of my completions for the next few months, but models painted are models painted, and the Hollow Knights can always make use of extra bodies! :happy.:

EDIT:

Purge the typo, suffer not the bad spelling to live!

Edited by Ace Debonair

Vow Complete! :happy.:

gallery_46204_9220_155701.jpg

Perry the Poxwalker, shown alongside my two old test models from a couple of years back.
Excuse the low-quality pics (more below), I'll get some better snaps of this gribbly lad another time.

Side view:
gallery_46204_9220_161326.jpg
Back view:
gallery_46204_9220_214590.jpg

I find it quite funny that despite being thoroughly corrupted by the god of disease, this poxwalker has perfect teeth. :biggrin.:
Dental hygiene is where even Nurgle draws the line, it seems!